The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #1041
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I honestly think TMNT LEGO will continue for at least one more wave.

However... if the TMNT movie bombs hard and the TMNT movie LEGO sets do not sell (similar to the Lone Ranger sets)... that could be bad.

The list of TMNT minifigs I want is huge... but one that I really want is Casey Jones. I hope he has a removable helmet like Star Lord and also comes with a hairpiece for when his mask is off.

http://i.imgur.com/Gz5JSyp.png
http://i.imgur.com/RNoMSjn.jpg

It should be a hoodie/mask combo headpiece so it looks like his hoodie is up. And when the mask is off and the hoodie is down, he should come with the hood down piece like Wildstyle has.
they need to use that hoodie peice as much a possible in as many colors as possible

and that mask could be repainted or double sided face, i really want a tiger claw figure and spike figure and multiple other mutants

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:43 PM   #1042
tmntmikey23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
they've been sold out for some time at my location, all the newer stuff is sell quickly toys r us and seems to be selling them well same with target they are selling very well
well my walmart has them siting there never moving i dont know why
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:21 PM   #1043
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmikey23 View Post
well my walmart has them siting there never moving i dont know why
walmarts not good ad restocking and order toys Mine Terrible my old one in oregon was better but they dont movie toys as much and the over stock leaving no room for resupply and newer waves my store just got some of the newer playmates, But it will get better closer to the holidays

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
Old 05-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #1044
tmntmikey23
Banned

Quote:
walmarts not good ad restocking and order toys Mine Terrible my old one in oregon was better but they dont movie toys as much and the over stock leaving no room for resupply and newer waves my store just got some of the newer playmates, But it will get better closer to the holidays
my walmart is not to bad it waits like a few weeks then gets new waves of toys.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:11 PM   #1045
Zarana-X
Hench Mutant

Quote:
The Kero I have for customizing arehttp://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/...1349929107.jpg For fighting claw and ninja weapons
Also awesome Scabbards/sheaths for ninja swords fits almost all sword i have except Brick forge which are thicker( been asking them to make scabbards/sheath for these)
And i was at toys are us and got like 4 of these guys
http://cdn3.volusion.com/ondfq.dtexo...jpg?1397892393 For there scabbards and Nunchaku which are better scalled for minifigs and mikey looks like a boss with these
The Transformers Micro-Changer Sharkticon comes with two claws and a nunchuk. He's in wave 3 (green bag) and is number 58
Old 05-30-2014, 01:11 PM   #1046
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarana-X View Post
The Transformers Micro-Changer Sharkticon comes with two claws and a nunchuk. He's in wave 3 (green bag) and is number 58
like a boss do you know where they sell them?? iknow GI joe is mostly tru i need to check and see if we have them at my local walmart

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 06-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #1047
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

New LEGO store calendar for next month! They are pushing TMNT really hard in July.

Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #1048
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

Woo! Glad I held off on some Marvel sets to get Oroku Saki.

Just picked up the Ecto-1 today, now I really want a classic Turtle Van.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #1049
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Woo! Glad I held off on some Marvel sets to get Oroku Saki.

Just picked up the Ecto-1 today, now I really want a classic Turtle Van.
Me too! I put in an order on shop.lego.com for:

Ghostbusters Ecto-1
All 3 Guardians of the Galaxy sets

which qualified me for:
1 free legoland ticket (which i doubt i will get to use)
1 free balloon cart set (yay!!)

Whew! But I used some points to cut the price down by $40 so it was a bargain if you ask me.

Base on the July calendar it looks like the 2014 TMNT Movie LEGO sets are hitting stores that month! I know some of you are interested in them.

I'm really not sure what I'm going to do with those... I will buy them all eventually but I may wait for some mark down prices. I have a feeling these are going to be received similarly to the "Man of Steel" LEGO sets... meaning they are going to see a lot of discounts over the coming months due to lower than expected sales (seeing 30% off more frequently than other LEGO sets). Not trying to dis the sets... but this is my prediction.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:04 AM   #1050
groogrux0609
Thug

Quote:
New LEGO store calendar for next month! They are pushing TMNT really hard in July.

http://imgur.com/lMKSoWi.jpg
http://imgur.com/J8qqhOz.jpg
Looks like movie sets will be on sales July 6th? Will probably get them for MY toy room. I have aloof the nick sets on display in my son's room. I would like some tmnt Legos for my collection too. Plus I'm not really worried about how good the movie is, I will enjoy it even if I has flaws. I may be in the minority there.
groogrux0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #1051
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

these figures are so great im excited for them

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 06-02-2014, 03:56 PM   #1052
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

There's 1 thing I like about that movie Donnie minifig. The hole in the shell, would be cool if they incorporated that into the Nick toon minifig Leo, so he could have a scabbard piece. Movie Leo have scabbards, but I guess Lego won't make a new scabbard piece.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #1053
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
There's 1 thing I like about that movie Donnie minifig. The hole in the shell, would be cool if they incorporated that into the Nick toon minifig Leo, so he could have a scabbard piece. Movie Leo have scabbards, but I guess Lego won't make a new scabbard piece.
they did for the movie sets check out the photo leo has this piece modded to fit on the shell

Spoiler:

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay

Last edited by samxsteal; 06-02-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #1054
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
they did for the movie sets check out the photo leo has this piece modded to fit on the shell

http://img.brickowl.com/files/image_...7-80430-51.jpg
That's what I wrote "movie Leo have scabbards", but Nick Leo have his swords on his back differently, as they are not crossed. But as far as I know, Lego don't have a back piece where the swords can be stored parallel.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #1055
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
That's what I wrote "movie Leo have scabbards", but Nick Leo have his swords on his back differently, as they are not crossed. But as far as I know, Lego don't have a back piece where the swords can be stored parallel.
true i dont think they would make a double parallel scabbard but i wish they would remold the shell with a stud i mean i think they make enough money they can add a stud to the shell and it adds customization options which fans would love

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 06-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #1056
tmntmikey23
Banned

Cool Donatello looks cool I am glad that they are making theses
Old 06-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #1057
snake
Disgusting

I love the Flashback Shredder minifigure. Hopefully I get it.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:10 AM   #1058
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Wow Brick Show was able to get that Don figure early, cool!!

So glad they did a nice side-to-side comparison. it looks SO DIFFERENT. The shell is 100% new and different (not just moved 'up'), and the head is a totally new mold too... they definitely put a lot of effort into these new figures.

Do I like them though? Well, I think the Nick figs look better and have better designs (greatly prefer Nick style to 2014 Movie style), buuuut... what can I say, after seeing them up close they are not bad!

I really love that scabbard that can go over Leo's shell, what a creative piece, so glad they included that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by groogrux0609 View Post
Looks like movie sets will be on sales July 6th?
YES the movie sets are July 6th here is further confirmation:

Some of you probably remember seeing this image from a while back.

So here is a question for you all... who here is more excited for the LEGO TMNT Movie merch than the Playmates TMNT merch?

Last edited by Zulithe; 06-03-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:56 AM   #1059
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Wow Brick Show was able to get that Don figure early, cool!!

So glad they did a nice side-to-side comparison. it looks SO DIFFERENT. The shell is 100% new and different (not just moved 'up'), and the head is a totally new mold too... they definitely put a lot of effort into these new figures.

Do I like them though? Well, I think the Nick figs look better and have better designs (greatly prefer Nick style to 2014 Movie style), buuuut... what can I say, after seeing them up close they are not bad!

I really love that scabbard that can go over Leo's shell, what a creative piece, so glad they included that!

YES the movie sets are July 6th here is further confirmation:

http://i.imgur.com/Pq4MMqY.png

Some of you probably remember seeing this image from a while back.

So here is a question for you all... who here is more excited for the LEGO TMNT Movie merch than the Playmates TMNT merch?
Me but im more of a lego collector them a figure collector lol I still want both and seeing as these lego set are far more expensive chances are kids are more likely to get the figures

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 06-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #1060
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Would you like to play a LEGO TMNT video game?

If you haven't heard of it, there is one on lego.com called Shell Shocked! Here is some gameplay from The Brick Show: