The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-27-2016, 05:59 PM   #121
Banned

ossum! soooo getting these... the sh figuarts turtles just took a royal dump on playmates AND first gokin!
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:06 PM   #122
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
Does anywhere have preorders for these up yet?
No these are still in prototyping. They arent even in production yet.

Source: Bluefin distribution.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:00 PM   #123
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

These look incredible!! I never finished my loose set of the Classic Collection turtles by Playmates. Perhaps these will do the trick hehe

I wonder what kind of dough these things will cost? I'm guessing they will be pretty steep, eh?

TMNTMan, Barnes and Noble? That'd be nice if they do indeed sell these there! I don't have a clue about this brand but I have noticed that Barnes and Noble is more like a toy store now a days. I saw a Batman figure there that was over $50 too so I guess they do sell high end. Thanks for the heads up!

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:05 PM   #124
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Another pic

They look much better here. For those wondering about the scale SHF are 6 inch scale though these turtles look around 6 inches, they should still be smaller than the Playmates classics but a little bigger than the Revoltech. A bit bummed that Mikey's nunchuks don't have a chain though.

Tutles fans have a lot to look forward to this year whether its the new video game, OT toys, figures and licensed stuff in general, IDW, the cartoon and new movie not looking bad.

Last edited by sdp; 01-27-2016 at 08:21 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:01 PM   #125
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Judging from the other SH Figuarts figures I have, I'm guessing 6" scale and around $50 each from Japanese distributors like HLJ.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:34 PM   #126
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
TMNTMan, Barnes and Noble? That'd be nice if they do indeed sell these there! I don't have a clue about this brand but I have noticed that Barnes and Noble is more like a toy store now a days. I saw a Batman figure there that was over $50 too so I guess they do sell high end. Thanks for the heads up!
They actually have a pretty good selection of Figuarts, both online and in a lot of their retail stores.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:23 PM   #127
Coro
Mad Scientist

I keep getting PMs asking me questions about Bluefin timeline...

Keep in mind these will be more than 6 months out and a year seems more likely. These havent gone to production yet, but as soon as the info drops I will get on here and let you know when I can place orders and what kind of wholesale pricing I am seeing.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:46 AM   #128
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

These are a must for me, just wish Mikey has chains on his nunchucks.

Overall, these look so awesome.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:36 AM   #129
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

They're beautiful. I'm not sure anyone has captured the OT look better, outside of customs maybe.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:17 AM   #130
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

As if I wasn't sold before I am 100% now.
So glad I never made customs of the guys as I knew one day a good company would come along and do the old toon justice.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:52 AM   #131
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

I love them, and depending on the price I'll definitely try to buy them once they come out, but they're still some sort of hybrid between the in show Turtles and the old stock art. They kept the rim on the plastrons and those elbow and knee pads, which is really frustrating. It's so close, but still not fully there.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:15 AM   #132
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

yup.. gonna get these

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:39 AM   #133
Meow
Stone Warrior

Anyone knows the price and where to get em? B's and N's doesn't seem to have them at all as Dan said when I go search them with "turtles" or "tmnt"
Old 01-28-2016, 08:39 AM   #134
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Anyone knows the price and where to get em? B's and N's doesn't seem to have them at all as Dan said when I go search them with "turtles" or "tmnt"
They're a future release.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:22 AM   #135
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
ossum! soooo getting these... the sh figuarts turtles just took a royal dump on playmates AND first gokin!
When did First Gokin release images of their Turtles figures, Shredder isn't even finalized yet.

Or are you thinking about the 1/6th scale figures from Dream-EX, which was displayed next to the First Gokin under NYCC? Cause that's not the same company nor even the same scale.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:03 PM   #136
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
They actually have a pretty good selection of Figuarts, both online and in a lot of their retail stores.
Sweet, thanks for the heads up! I'll buy them from there then most likely. If these are around the $50 price you guys are mentioning, I will be satisfied. There are so many cool TMNT figures coming out right now and it has been tough to keep up. I'm not complaining though, I love seeing new awesome stuff like these!! I'll have to start saving for these guys though because they look so freakin cool! I actually might sell my loose Classic Collection Raph rather than find the other three now that these are going to be released. I really want a line that doesn't stop after the four turtles (or bebop and rocksteady!) that are in the OT style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
When did First Gokin release images of their Turtles figures, Shredder isn't even finalized yet.

Or are you thinking about the 1/6th scale figures from Dream-EX, which was displayed next to the First Gokin under NYCC? Cause that's not the same company nor even the same scale.
Can't wait for that First Gokin Shredder!! Any idea when that thing will be released!?

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:14 PM   #137
Bran The Man
Thug

These look great! Definitely digging the show accurate look. So cool that they listened! I've seen people on other site saying that they're afraid we might just get the TMNT and not Shredder, but the fact that they did Bowser in the Super Mario Brothers line gives me hope that we'll at least see Shredder.
Bran The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:40 PM   #138
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
You're getting way ahead of yourself. As has been stated repeatedly in this thread, it's going to be a while before these even start to show up as pre-orders. And Barnes and Noble doesn't do preorders for the import items as far as I know. They also tend to be slower to receive the items. So they will be showing up online at import sites long before BN.com, if Barnes and Noble even carries them.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:46 PM   #139
theassassin
Foot Soldier

WOW! Well, what can I say? Despite my acute cynicism, they either actually listened to the changes suggested by us passionate and knowledgeable fans, or made revisions based on their own additional research. Either way, these have gone from disappointingly mediocre to excitingly amazing!

Silver belt buckles? Check. Brown back-shells? Check. Unique headsculpts? Check. Darker skintones? Check. They've literally made all the changes I wanted to see.

FINALLY some 100% toon-accurate Turtles figures! I am beyond thrilled Tamashii Nations cares enough to take these from good to GREAT. Will definetely pick these up now.

The only further suggestion/wish I would make is to get multiple interchangeable heads/expression parts for each Turtle. While I'm happy to see each Turtle now has his own unique headsculpt, I'd like to have display options, for example I don't really want my Donatello constantly smiling.

And of course we NEED more characters in this line! Shredder, Splinter, April, Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, Foot Soldiers AND MORE!!! And KEEP THEM ALL 100% TOON ACCURATE!! Tamashii Nations, please don't let us down like Playmates did!
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:37 PM   #140
TCRI
Hench Mutant

Had my eye on these for a while. I keep eyeing up the Playmates ones, but they just don't cut it for me neither do the movie versions.

Hopefully they won't cost too much.

Always disliked the fact the original toys looked nothing like the cartoon...