The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-07-2017, 09:31 AM   #1721
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Just approved to print yesterday, should be the last week of April unless there's a shipping delay.

Let me just say i'm oddly proud of this issue? It's part 3 of a 4 part story, nothing super special about it, but just a good example of everyone firing on all cylinders. At least I think so!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #1722
Harukuro
Foot Soldier

Judging by what little we know about the upcoming the upcoming Usagi Yojimbo x TMNT crossover Usagi is still aware of the Mirage TMNT, but will be meeting up with the IDW TMNT. This is the third major reference to the Mirage TMNT and their continuity in the IDW comics (the first was implied during IDW TMNT's first meeting with Renet in the 2014 annual and the second was in Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything where we actually see the Mirage 'verse Leonardo fight Savanti Romero like he did in Tales of the TMNT issue #7).

Which leads into my question: are the IDW TMNT going to meet the Mirage TMNT in some form of crossover in the future? Or will they become aware of the existence of other TMNT 'verses much like other incarnations of the turtles have (i.e. like in the Turtles Forever movie)?
"But before I go, I want you to know, Mikey, you have always been - and will always be - my hero. Farewell, my friend." - Slash (TMNT IDW #54)

Hoping that IDW Slash will finally be happy
Harukuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:45 PM   #1723
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

It's possible, but there's no plans for a Mirage crossover at this time. I feel like the "Turtles meet other Turtles" trope has been done well elsewhere, so I don't know that we would have more to add to it. It's something I'd kind of want Peter Laird's blessing for too, and I don't know that he has any interest there.

But I think it's possible that the Turtles can/might learn more about the nature of the TMNT multi-verse and the fact that there are other incarnations of themselves out there. No real plans for that at this time, but it's something i can see us exploring more in time.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #1724
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Renet already alluded to them about there being more than one version of themselves, in the first issue of Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:32 PM   #1725
Harukuro
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Renet already alluded to them about there being more than one version of themselves, in the first issue of Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...pstcwb6tjg.png
Ah, right. It was such a small scene that I forgot about it

Also, thank you for your response Bobby. I personally feel that if there was a "turtles meets turtles" crossver, the IDW comics team would do a great job with it.
"But before I go, I want you to know, Mikey, you have always been - and will always be - my hero. Farewell, my friend." - Slash (TMNT IDW #54)

Hoping that IDW Slash will finally be happy
Harukuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:46 PM   #1726
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Hello.

I know you have almost nothing to do with the reprints, and that department is the most overworked at IDW. So I know you might not have the answers I'm looking for and won't go bug the reprint dudes. But maybe you have heard something.

So I'm asking with the thought in mind that it never hurts to ask. My question is about the TMNT Adventures paperbacks.

I recently picked up the first seven volumes. Volume 2 and 3 have a matte finish cover and the other volumes have gloss covers. Why is this? I though maybe it had to do with reprint edition numbers but I find that is not true because I have both gloss and matte finish with second printings.

TMNT Adventures TPB

Vol 1 fourth printing, gloss
Vol 2 second printing-matte
Vol 3 first printing-matte
Vol 4 second printing,gloss
Vol 5 second printing,gloss
Vol 6 second printing,gloss
Vol 7 second printing,gloss

Thanks.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #1727
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Hello.

I know you have almost nothing to do with the reprints, and that department is the most overworked at IDW. So I know you might not have the answers I'm looking for and won't go bug the reprint dudes. But maybe you have heard something.

So I'm asking with the thought in mind that it never hurts to ask. My question is about the TMNT Adventures paperbacks.

I recently picked up the first seven volumes. Volume 2 and 3 have a matte finish cover and the other volumes have gloss covers. Why is this? I though maybe it had to do with reprint edition numbers but I find that is not true because I have both gloss and matte finish with second printings.

TMNT Adventures TPB

Vol 1 fourth printing, gloss
Vol 2 second printing-matte
Vol 3 first printing-matte
Vol 4 second printing,gloss
Vol 5 second printing,gloss
Vol 6 second printing,gloss
Vol 7 second printing,gloss

Thanks.
Not sure, sorry! Could be it was a mistake or an experiment.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:39 PM   #1728
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Not sure, sorry! Could be it was a mistake or an experiment.
Alright.
At least Most of them are gloss. Not sure about any after vol seven though. I will eventually find out as planning on getting those eventually. I prefer the gloss because it makes the cover seem more durable and better quality. I would have purchased them in hardcover but that wasn't an option for this collection. It was worth a shot in asking.
Thanks for the very quick reply.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:30 AM   #1729
neatoman
Emperor

So Bobby, how do you feel about asking the questions this time?
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....ask-pl-15.html
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:05 PM   #1730
turtlefan27
Foot Soldier

Hey bobby I've been wondering why did y'all decide to not give the turtles tails?
turtlefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:45 PM   #1731
mrmaczaps
Banned

Any chance of of some stories with the boys all wearing red again? They all look different enough...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 05:09 PM   #1732
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

It was revealed today that TigerClaw made his last appearance in the Nickelodeon series, Any chance we'll see a new version TigerClaw in the comics?

Have you guys thought of taking some of the characters from the series and adapting them in the comics?
Old 04-09-2017, 06:44 PM   #1733
Venom
Space Knight

Bobby,

I'm back logged in getting caught up with the story this far, but the upcoming Usagi crossover caused me to pause and ponder:

Have the IDW Turtles been made aware of the overarching Turtleverse, or will the meeting with Usagi be there first hint that there are other Turtles with his exclamation of "What have you done with my friend Leo?"

Edit: just saw the above question; leaving this anyway in case you wish to expound. Also, is the Usagi crossover the first canon, in-continuity, multi-company crossover?

Will they meet Cudley the Cowlick?

Last edited by Venom; 04-09-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:47 PM   #1734
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Bobby,

I'm back logged in getting caught up with the story this far, but the upcoming Usage crossover caused me to pause and ponder:

Have the IDW Turtles been made aware of the overarching Turtleverse, or will the meeting with Usagi be there first hint that there are other Turtles with his exclamation of "What have you done with my friend Leo?"
Hey Venom, I'm not Bobby but there has been a few run ins with Renet that have clued them in to a multiverse... and someone a few posts back (I think) brought that up. (If not this post, in another thread... maybe the ask PL one...)
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #1735
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Hey Venom, I'm not Bobby but there has been a few run ins with Renet that have clued them in to a multiverse... and someone a few posts back (I think) brought that up. (If not this post, in another thread... maybe the ask PL one...)
This is pretty exciting to me, and could be a very interesting point of realization for the IDW Turtles, if handled well.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:42 PM   #1736
Maelxich
Thug

I was wondering, would it be possible to get the ninja notes from the end of the comics in a collection somehow, some of them were interesting to read and I usually read the trades I miss out on some of them.
Maelxich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:21 PM   #1737
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So Bobby, how do you feel about asking the questions this time?
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....ask-pl-15.html
Glad he's got it up and running again! Always fun to read.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:21 PM   #1738
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefan27 View Post
Hey bobby I've been wondering why did y'all decide to not give the turtles tails?
If I recall correctly there was some internal concern that they could look too phallic at the wrong angle.

Last edited by Bobby Curnow; 04-10-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #1739
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Any chance of of some stories with the boys all wearing red again? They all look different enough...
If we were to do a flashback story during the time they all had red, for sure.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #1740
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
It was revealed today that TigerClaw made his last appearance in the Nickelodeon series, Any chance we'll see a new version TigerClaw in the comics?

Have you guys thought of taking some of the characters from the series and adapting them in the comics?
No plans at this time, but it's possible in the future.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz