The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 07:46 PM   #1861
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

creative question

When you see numbers get high like that do you go "oh crap we gotta do something BIG for #100" or whatever number it may be? Or do you simply keep telling the stories you've been telling and the number count not matter?
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:09 PM   #1862
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

We definitely had #50 in mind as the culmination of the Shredder storyline. Likewise, #100 will be the culmination of some things going on now. I don't know, those just seemed like natural points. But as #50 didn't end all of the story plots, I doubt #100 will either.

This is also an excellent way to overhype #100 and make the end result unsatisfying, so let's stop talking about it!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:40 PM   #1863
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I will go on record to say that I think we can celebrate high issue numbers like #50 and #100 without having to plan events around the numbers themselves. I would be totally satisfied if #100 was just another holiday issue! I think it would come out around Halloween or Thanksgiving 2019? Anyways, don't sweat the pressure Bobby, just keep telling the team telling great stories
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:54 PM   #1864
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
We definitely had #50 in mind as the culmination of the Shredder storyline. Likewise, #100 will be the culmination of some things going on now. I don't know, those just seemed like natural points. But as #50 didn't end all of the story plots, I doubt #100 will either.

This is also an excellent way to overhype #100 and make the end result unsatisfying, so let's stop talking about it!
Yeah, good luck with that bit!

Probably-too-spoilery-question-#1028: will there be a way for the Pantheon A plot to intersect with the Bishop B plot, like what happened with the Shredder and the Krang storylines in the first 50 issues? Or will both threats be handled separately by the Turtles this time around?

Also, will we ever see Null in the main ongoing? She's been confined to minis and Universe so far. (I imagine this one is much safer to answer...)
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:05 AM   #1865
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Can't really get into either one of those questions, sorry!
Old 05-12-2017, 12:13 PM   #1866
neatoman
Emperor

Alright, shot in the dark here, but have any of you ever wondered if you'd like to do a really strange take on TMNT? Sort of what DC is doing to Scooby-Doo or Flintstones?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #1867
BlueBandana
Foot Soldier

Hey there Bobby, is there a possibility of a glow-in-the-dark TMNT variant cover, perhaps for Halloween?
BlueBandana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:55 PM   #1868
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Alright, shot in the dark here, but have any of you ever wondered if you'd like to do a really strange take on TMNT? Sort of what DC is doing to Scooby-Doo or Flintstones?
Yeah, I think that'd be cool for a special or mini-series or something. It would depend on the creative team.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #1869
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBandana View Post
Hey there Bobby, is there a possibility of a glow-in-the-dark TMNT variant cover, perhaps for Halloween?
We've done that type of thing for other books. It's expensive, which usually means upping the price on the book, and in my mind that's not usually worth it. So I try and avoid it if possible, but sometimes the higher ups here get ideas like that, so who knows!
Old 05-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #1870
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Yeah, I think that'd be cool for a special or mini-series or something. It would depend on the creative team.
How about a TMNT Zombies (in the same style as Marvel Zombies) sort of thing for a Halloween special/mini? I mean, they do have the right kind of weapons to survive a zombie apocalypse... I can see Donnie and Harold working frantically on a cure while Mikey comes through with the zombie lore.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:42 PM   #1871
playmate
Foot Soldier

Cowabunga, Mr Curnow!

Sir, may I please ask, in regard to the comments from Mr Ryall at the end of this interview,

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...l-sarah-gaydos

are you able to confirm that the present day Nick Turtles will enjoy another cross-over…and that the ‘Robotanimals!’ miniseries may not be the end of ‘Amazing Adventures’? Or is it possible that this new cross-over could see the print debut of the 2018 ‘Rise of’ character designs?

Plus, are you able to share more in regard to the content of the ‘Usagi Yojimbo/TMNT’ Playmates Toys pack-in comic that debuted here;

http://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/?...-usagi-pack-in

I LOVE Usagi Yojimbo, and acknowledge that the cover art is the ‘Pin-Up’ page from Mirage Tales of the TMNT (Vol 2) #25.
(Very cool to see it in color almost 11 years on; I’d be extremely grateful for any turtley trivial information you wish to share…is it ashcan or regular size, page count, colored re-prints of B&W art/stories etc?)

Thanks in advance; I’m counting down the days to the ‘Namazu’. This, plus the Playmates Exclusive that Mr Sakai refers to on his fb page has me thinking that this July could be the best SDCC since 2011, when the IDW Ashcan began!

Thankyou Sir; I’m an unbelievably grateful fan.

Kevin
playmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:56 PM   #1872
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Hi Kevin,

Robotanimals is indeed the last planned Amazing Adventures comic. I can't really speak to what Chris is talking about in that interview... yet!

And i'm not affiliated with the Playmates promotion, so I don't have any answers there. My guess though is it's some manner of reprint of one of the old Usagi/TMNT meetings.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:12 PM   #1873
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

How much will the Trial of Krang/Dimension X mini cover Krang's relationships with other Utroms? Such as where he drew the line between friend and colleague, and who he let himself get close to? From Ma'riell's description of how Ch'rell would react to Krang's imprisonment, they were (extremely???) close, but what about any others?

And is there any potential for Churk and Yoom to meet Pepperoni?
With the probability that they're not going to like how she's been eating.
"No! You've got to give her green plants! Oh my god, her digestive tract is going to be wrecked! Also, how did she get here!?"
Old 05-13-2017, 06:47 PM   #1874
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Can't talk too much about future story arcs, sorry.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:28 PM   #1875
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hey Bobby, do you know yet if the Dimension X trade paperback will include the FCBD prelude issue?

Also, anything new on collecting Image Volume 3 or Mirage Volume 4?
Old 05-15-2017, 10:10 AM   #1876
AquaParade
Banned

Hey Bobby,

I know it's not your department, but have you heard any rumblings about IDW Limited? Seems nearly dead in the water, especially in regards to collecting TMNT material.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:34 AM   #1877
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hey Bobby, do you know yet if the Dimension X trade paperback will include the FCBD prelude issue?

Also, anything new on collecting Image Volume 3 or Mirage Volume 4?
I think FCBD will be included in the ongoing TPBs.

Vol. 3 is still in the works I believe. I haven't heard anything about Vol. 4.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:35 AM   #1878
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Hey Bobby,

I know it's not your department, but have you heard any rumblings about IDW Limited? Seems nearly dead in the water, especially in regards to collecting TMNT material.
I know there was a big organizational shuffle with that department, but I haven't heard anything concrete about any projects from there, including TMNT stuff.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #1879
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Hi. I am interested in catching up on some back issues and considering the idw main series new hardcover editions. However I've heard some horrible stories, seen videos, and read reviews about the books falling apart. Do you know if in the newer printings the quality issue has been resolved or should I consider the tpb editions to be safe? Thanks.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:17 PM   #1880
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

My editions are great, i'd definitely go with the HCs. But i'm not an un-biased source, so do whatever you feel is right for you. I don't have any insider info in regards to printings.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz