The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-04-2017, 11:14 AM   #61
Vegita-San
Emperor

i've found many times people who work for the studio, or studio hirees tend to be immediate jerks, if their studio relations are hidden from view.

to me, this is a very early on clue. especially if they tend to be combative toward anything negative.

why would a studio hire a plant to bash their own creative director?

doesn't make much sense.

unless, of course, competitive studios hire 'anti plants'.

now there is a theory . i could finally find a job worthy of me ;o)
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:14 AM   #62
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That guy confuses me, too. Did he ever contribute to anything other than PD TMNT discussions?

Did Michael Bay steal his girlfriend or something? Dude was on a crusade...
I never saw him in any other threads, only the movie thread.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:19 AM   #63
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Wait, so you guys are theorizing that Trick-or-Treater was controlled opposition?
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:27 AM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Wait, so you guys are theorizing that Trick-or-Treater was controlled opposition?
That's a little mind-blowing at a basic board level ("the Technodrome... where legitimate fans are caught in a purgatory where they must decipher between plants and Anti-Plants!"), I kind of doubt it, but on paper it seems plausible.

I mean, think about it. If your movie debuted one weekend, and TMNT OOTS is about to debut the following weekend... what if you could throw $10,000 and fill the internet with bad reviews and trash talk about TMNT OOTS to make sure your movie continues to do well in weekend #2?

Maybe? I don't know. I don't think that's that guy is, though.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:30 AM   #65
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's a little mind-blowing at a basic board level ("the Technodrome... where legitimate fans are caught in a purgatory where they must decipher between plants and Anti-Plants!"), I kind of doubt it, but on paper it seems plausible.

I mean, think about it. If your movie debuted one weekend, and TMNT OOTS is about to debut the following weekend... what if you could throw $10,000 and fill the internet with bad reviews and trash talk about TMNT OOTS to make sure your movie continues to do well in weekend #2?

Maybe? I don't know.
as far as the theory goes,
i really hope not.

but i would NOT put it past studios to think there is a need for such a thing.

people are generally rather negative these days MOSTLY, so i doubt there would be as much a need for that as generating positive reviews.

but it would be another fun conspiracy to think about
Old 05-04-2017, 11:30 AM   #66
sdp
-

I'm sure there's many new users that are called plants that aren't but it's not only that, in bigger communities some companies approach respected users to talk about their product in exchange of compensation.

I think the PDs forum was just full of younger kids excited for the movie though, A few plants? maybe but not everyone. The movie actually had a positive response before it ever premiered based on the trailers.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:19 PM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
but i would NOT put it past studios to think there is a need for such a thing.
I bet certain movies, certain studios do stoop to that. We do know that there are marketing executives who get up every day, and the entirety of their job is to see how to maximize profit/exposure for movies in a changing world, online and off.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:22 PM   #68
snake
Disgusting

It's a great idea if done well too. Why WOULDN'T you do it?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:37 PM   #69
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

The thing I don't get is, when it comes to a message board like this with an explicit focus on the TMNT: who do they think they're kidding? It makes sense to perform a "plant" campaign on a social media website, because then maybe you can convince a few casuals to check out the new BayTurtles movie, but on a dedicated forum like this? Many people here have established in their minds what they like and don't like about the TMNT franchise, and they're not going to change their attitudes because some newbies are giving heaps of praise to the new movie. For social media, I think this sort of simulated popularity works great because of things like hashtags and upvotes. On a message board it loses its effectiveness because the material here is judged on its content, not some sort of metric.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:39 PM   #70
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The thing I don't get is, when it comes to a message board like this with an explicit focus on the TMNT: who do they think they're kidding? It makes sense to perform a "plant" campaign on a social media website, because then maybe you can convince a few casuals to check out the new BayTurtles movie, but on a dedicated forum like this? Many people here have established in their minds what they like and don't like about the TMNT franchise, and they're not going to change their attitudes
They don't know that. But it boils down to the old thing about... if you hear something once, you don't pay attention. You hear it twice, it starts to sink it. You hear it five times, from five different people... you subsonsciously begin to take it as fact.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:41 PM   #71
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
The thing I don't get is, when it comes to a message board like this with an explicit focus on the TMNT: who do they think they're kidding? It makes sense to perform a "plant" campaign on a social media website, because then maybe you can convince a few casuals to check out the new BayTurtles movie, but on a dedicated forum like this? Many people here have established in their minds what they like and don't like about the TMNT franchise, and they're not going to change their attitudes because some newbies are giving heaps of praise to the new movie. For social media, I think this sort of simulated popularity works great because of things like hashtags and upvotes. On a message board it loses its effectiveness because the material here is judged on its content, not some sort of metric.
i wish we could like posts on here .

studios generally arn't very smart though. they think what works one place will work elsewhere. what i don't get is, why be nasty about it? most people play positive until you say something they don't like then get nasty positive. at least with people i think of being studio plants
Old 05-04-2017, 03:00 PM   #72
sdp
-

All it takes for one "influencer" or voice of a social group to repeat what a shill said and the hive sheep mentality of the internet will interpret it as fact.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:02 PM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just have to be vigilant. They're out there.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:13 PM   #74
AquaParade
Banned

I remember when I defended the idea of TMNT 2014. I don't think I was in denial, I just liked a lot of what I saw.

When those sculptures showing their designs were leaked, I was really impressed. Sure, they're not my ideal tmnt designs but they're inspired. I actually like the idea of the TMNT wearing pieces of clothing and sunglasses. It reminded me of Baron's pitch to the 1990 movie sequel. Heck, even the first trailer gave me some hope with it's quick cuts of Leo battling Foot in a dark subway and a sword-loaded Raphael confronting a menacing looking Shredder.

Then the turtles made fart jokes and absorbed bullets.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:17 PM   #75
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
All it takes for one "influencer" or voice of a social group to repeat what a shill said and the hive sheep mentality of the internet will interpret it as fact.
*cough*plants*cough*
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:10 PM   #76
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
thankfully, with one person i'm starting to think is a plant, people are starting to catch on to his little angry positivity act, and either ignoring him, or starting to fire back at him.

so, I hope the 'alpha male' influencer days are starting to fade away.

there was a time when it was only me daring to be a dissenter of it all ;o)
Old 05-06-2017, 08:41 AM   #77
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Sheep are building hives now? The horror!
Old 05-06-2017, 10:45 AM   #78
snake
Disgusting

The plants are all gone by now. They got their paycheck. If you want more proof just check how the day the turtles were revealed in that toy fair pic was the most active day in drome history for awhile. TONS of new users poured onto the forums.

Which leads me to another conclusion- that "leak" was not a leak.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #79
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
so, I hope the 'alpha male' influencer days are starting to fade away.
I'm all for alpha-male anything to get gone, we're always going to have 'mavens.'

The Tipping Point
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #80
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
The plants are all gone by now. They got their paycheck. If you want more proof just check how the day the turtles were revealed in that toy fair pic was the most active day in drome history for awhile. TONS of new users poured onto the forums.

Which leads me to another conclusion- that "leak" was not a leak.
but but Tigerclaw is still here

Tags
snakeistriggered