Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 01:23 PM   #4081
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
How hilariously misinformed. Maybe not little kids, but teens to adults use Facebook.
Not so much anymore. Most teens use twitter, tumblr and now discord.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:23 PM   #4082
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

A tumblr (etc)/CyberCubed metaphor...

Old 04-29-2018, 10:14 AM   #4083
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Not so much anymore. Most teens use twitter, tumblr and now discord.
lmao Don't know where you're living, but that simply isn't the case. Twitter is for random tweets you don't care who sees. Tumblr is for fandom stuff. Discord is a gaming chat. Snapchat is for random pics. But for better communication and updated relationship statuses and all that drama jazz that you want your actual friends to see and reply to, it's all about Facebook.

Everyone follows everyone they personally know on Facebook. Noone really follows joe schmoe's twitter. They mostly follow celebrities' twitter.

You're insane and obsessed with either the passage of time, looking back at it, or trying to rush everyone into the future. I swear the day they make some sort of new whatever that becomes a replacement or option to videogames, within the first hour of this new technology being announced, you're already gonna make 10 topics about 'noone really plays videogames anymore, only old people play CoD and God of War nowadays, kids today won't even know who Mario is'.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 04-29-2018, 10:22 AM   #4084
Powder
So tired of this place

I wish you'd realize that he's self aware, & stop taking the bait. Every thread you enter is derailed by your fixation on Cybercubed.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 04-29-2018, 10:44 AM   #4085
CyberCubed
Overlord

Type in Nick's TMNT, TMNT 2012, or Rise of the TMNT on twitter or tumblr, that's where the fandom for both shows were. The official TMNT twitter run by Nick has thousands of followers that respond to every tweet it puts out.

Where do you guys think the fandom for the 2012 Nick cartoon was for the target audience, most kids or teens? It wasn't here, it was all on twitter and tumblr. It almost seems like you are the one out of touch, Coola, I was lurking the Nick 2012's fandom on social media while the show was airing because I was curious what the young kids/teens of today thought about it instead of us old cronies. That's where they post.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:44 AM   #4086
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I wish you'd realize that he's self aware, & stop taking the bait. Every thread you enter is derailed by your fixation on Cybercubed.
I kinda feel he's such a bizzare mix of self-aware and lacking self awareness it comes full circle for him.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 04-29-2018, 10:45 AM   #4087
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Type in Nick's TMNT, TMNT 2012, or Rise of the TMNT on twitter or tumblr, that's where the fandom for both shows were. The official TMNT twitter run by Nick has thousands of followers that respond to every tweet it puts out.

Where do you guys think the fandom for the 2012 Nick cartoon was for the target audience, most kids or teens? It wasn't here, it was all on twitter and tumblr. It almost seems like you are the one out of touch Coola, I was lurking the Nick 2012's fandom on social media while the show was airing because I was curious what the young kids/teens of today thought about it instead of us old cronies. That's where they post.
Though they post all the interviews and let people watch live and talk to them on Facebook though. Facebook is the just the better thing.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:49 AM   #4088
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Though they post all the interviews and let people watch live and talk to them on Facebook though. Facebook is the just the better thing.
Look, this is just typing in Ninja Turtles 2012, not even typing other keywords:

https://www.tumblr.com/search/ninja+turtles+2012

There's a huge TMNT fandom on tumblr where young teens or people in their early 20's post about the show. Same for twitter. You can see all this if you look for it.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:56 AM   #4089
newfan
Mad Scientist

Didn't this conversation start from talking about the target age group for toys having other interests?

So, this show. What we've seen so far, is this the usual amount they reveal before they air?

Last edited by newfan; 04-29-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:37 AM   #4090
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
It wasn't here
We have no teens? Could have sworn we did.

Also... there's such thing as different segments of a fandom, which understandably may congregate in their own corners. It hardly makes this group obsolete just because the kids have their own hangout. The majority of the youngsters can't relate to the more worldly (so to speak) knowledge and longtime experience of TMNT that most have here, though those who are interested in those greater depths of it are entirely welcome to pull up a seat.

Personally I think the place the fandom largely is... is online collectively. No one is limited to only certain sites, no matter if we choose to participate in some and only lurk in others -- so, figuratively speaking, why stick to just the buffet then complain that all the kids these days are at the dessert station? Well get your arse over there then and get you a share. But who is to say that is the only place where the good stuff is... Good and interesting conversation/debate here. First hand news and updates on FB etc; great (and not so great) art via DA from all ages; a mix of fandom, craziness, and art etc on tumblr. None of the tumblr kids ever lurk here? Yeah right... Not unless they somehow block Google from finding it and various topics they may have searched.

Social media is popular, it's not surprising that you're going to find many people there for this and other fandoms... It's the advent of social media itself, not a restructuring of fandom.

But also, social media is social media... companies like Nick can't use a forum to advertise anywhere near the way they can social media, so I don't think searching keywords and finding official pages on social media, vs finding fan forums, means much of anything other than the fact that's how it works business to business through Google and will probably by nature get higher priority.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:08 PM   #4091
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Look, this is just typing in Ninja Turtles 2012, not even typing other keywords:

https://www.tumblr.com/search/ninja+turtles+2012

There's a huge TMNT fandom on tumblr where young teens or people in their early 20's post about the show. Same for twitter. You can see all this if you look for it.
Aaaaaaand same for Facebook too. You can see all this if you look for it.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:31 PM   #4092
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Also youtube becoming more and more popular each day too. If you type tmnt is full of videos about me and my henchmen fighting those green freaks. Look how many famous gamers, pc and game developers e.t.c are now posting videos on youtube each day about tech news instead of facebook and twitter and tumbir. Matbe youtube wil become bigger than all of them ?
Old 04-30-2018, 05:10 PM   #4093
Optimus Primer
Foot Soldier

Discord is huge when it comes to fandom-specific servers. It's pretty easy to navigate, and that's where a lot of people talk about their fandoms now.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:41 PM   #4094
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Man, the Rise!TMNT teaser is getting so much hate right now.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:16 PM   #4095
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Any particular reason why? It’s been out for over a month
Old 04-30-2018, 07:47 PM   #4096
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo2003 View Post
Any particular reason why? It’s been out for over a month
It's just some general dislike towards the upcoming series.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:16 PM   #4097
CyberCubed
Overlord

The dislike is towards the designs obviously, but the show can't get any legitimate dislike till the first eps or so airs and we see how it is.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:27 AM   #4098
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
The dislike is towards the designs obviously.
That and the animation. Though I hope it becomes a little more fluid as the series progresses, it surprisingly doesn't bother me for some odd reason.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #4099
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Relax, if Teen Titans Go! can survive 5 seasons + an incoming movie, it’s possible this one can too. There’s haters so but there’s also people enjoying it.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:23 AM   #4100
KillCrites
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Relax, if Teen Titans Go! can survive 5 seasons + an incoming movie, it’s possible this one can too. There’s haters so but there’s also people enjoying it.
There's also way more people that seem to be liking Rise of the TMNT so far than people who like TTG.

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters