The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-19-2019, 12:00 PM   #301
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
This! I don't know of any other fandom that has the privilege of interacting so frequently and positively with the creators as this one. This comic has helped me through some tough times in my personal life and means a lot to me, so it's truly an honor to have you here and be able to speak directly to you all!
Preach it, my man.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:03 PM   #302
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
Well this thread sure took a dark turn, huh?
Yeah, it's the worst kind of rabbit hole I've seen in a while. I hope it doesn't discourage you or anyone else from remaining here, it's actually pretty nice to have some insight from creators.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:05 PM   #303
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Dogpiling and insulting the guy isn't really making you all look like the good guys in this situation. Saying "eww he hates girls" doesn't ring true either since he acknowledged that the series already has good female characters. I was ready to dismiss his rant anyway since what he was saying didn't really apply to how they've writing the series, and he was more aggressive about it than he needed to be. But you guy's responses to him have been way worse. So here goes, I guess.

Look, Jennika's turtle form does look at first glance like a deviantart oc. Cause it is. Tom and Sophie basically admitted to it in those conversations he posted publicly. So from an outside viewpoint, it's a bad look from the start. But Jennika herself is an established character who's had a decent amount of character building. I'm not 100% sold on how close she is with the turtles (most of the writing has put her close to Kasey), but the writers seem to be really excited for her so I have no reason to believe they won't flesh her out more. And I don't think you do either.

My only concern is what they'll do with her in the future. My dread is an all girl team up because I think that's a lazy trope used when writers can't properly introduce women to the roster and have them stand out on they're own. But these guys aren't like the rest of IDW that have a bad rep for **** like this so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I think you should give them a chance too. And if they end up doing exactly what I was dreading, feel free to PM me all the I-told-you-so's you want.

But everyone needs to stop acting like idiots. This isn't reddit, have some respect for one another.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:05 PM   #304
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Turning the car around, two things.

First off I wonder how Hob will react when he hears how Jenny was saved after he did not appreciate Bebop and Rocksteady being humans prior. Secondly, Slash was a fifth turtle, but did not bunk with the TMNT,so why would Jenny leave her junin role unless Karai beats Splinter? Either way I don't see Jenny moving in and fully integrating.
I think Hob has grown a bit in his worldviews since then. He does after all consider certain humans his allies... I wonder myself how he would react if he first ran into Bebop and Rocksteady at this point in time, and asked them to join the Mutanimals, only to be told that they're mutated humans. Would he act rashly like he did, or would he see the use in them considering everything mutantkind is up against? Slash could still be alive if Hob had those two up his sleeve when the EPF came knocking.

On point number two, it's a given that Splinter's Foot Clan will fall or disband. He doesn't have to die for that to happen, but we've all been suspecting he will anyway. Preview art shows Karai in what looks like the same old theater from City Fall. Could she stage Splinter's execution there as a show of force for New York's criminal populace? Either way, the cover of #97 where she's slashing at something and leaving a blood-red trail is certainly very ominous. In which case, it would make perfect sense to have Jennika move in with her new "brothers". And I really want to see her going one-on-one with Karai in the end, she deserves that more than any of the other Turtles.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:12 PM   #305
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Turning the car around, two things.

First off I wonder how Hob will react when he hears how Jenny was saved after he did not appreciate Bebop and Rocksteady being humans prior. Secondly, Slash was a fifth turtle, but did not bunk with the TMNT,so why would Jenny leave her junin role unless Karai beats Splinter? Either way I don't see Jenny moving in and fully integrating.
Old Hob at least seemed to grudgingly admit not all humans are bad (like Lindsey) so while their may be some tension, I could see them coming around. Actually, given how Jennika has not been afraid to be more violent in the past, he may actually like her. *Cue flashback to homeless human Jennika offering stray unmutated Hob some food*

As for whether Jennika takes her role as Chunin, I mean, we're sort of in the middle of everything being shaken up. It's possible (probably likely) that this ends with Karai back in control of the Foot and the Hamato Clan carving out its own territory. Note the blank section in the southeast part of the city map at the end of the issue that also contains the Mutanimals headquarters. If Splinter survives this, I could see Leo taking his spot next to Splinter while Jennika recovers, well mentally from the trauma of being turtlefied.

EDIT: Sorry for the slightly redundant post, didn't see the one before me.

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 07-19-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:32 PM   #306
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
*Cue flashback to homeless human Jennika offering stray unmutated Hob some food*
She did, didn't she? Or am I imagining things?

Quote:
Hey, the more of us see something in a certain way, the more likely it is that we're right.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:40 PM   #307
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
She did, didn't she? Or am I imagining things
I uh...made that up but seriously, I don't know, did she?
Old 07-19-2019, 12:44 PM   #308
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It did not happen on panel, but it is definitely within character.

We won't have to wait long for Hob's reaction long since Raphael is with him.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:47 PM   #309
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I uh...made that up but seriously, I don't know, did she?
I had a look at her backstory in Universe and there was no cat in sight. But we can always imagine she did, as there's nothing that directly contradicts that headcanon. It adds an interesting snarl to their relationship, for sure. She once helped a stray, now he can pay her back.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:01 PM   #310
Allio
Foot Elite

The Jennika video I spoke about I’m half way through
Old 07-24-2019, 05:37 PM   #311
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Old Hob at least seemed to grudgingly admit not all humans are bad (like Lindsey) so while their may be some tension, I could see them coming around. Actually, given how Jennika has not been afraid to be more violent in the past, he may actually like her. *Cue flashback to homeless human Jennika offering stray unmutated Hob some food*

As for whether Jennika takes her role as Chunin, I mean, we're sort of in the middle of everything being shaken up. It's possible (probably likely) that this ends with Karai back in control of the Foot and the Hamato Clan carving out its own territory. Note the blank section in the southeast part of the city map at the end of the issue that also contains the Mutanimals headquarters. If Splinter survives this, I could see Leo taking his spot next to Splinter while Jennika recovers, well mentally from the trauma of being turtlefied.

No, it shows like minds. I was legitimately curious about the above and wanted to return to a more civil discussion which was accomplished.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:11 PM   #312
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

So I read through the City at War arc issues and the conflict between Raph and Leo, and Raph’s work with the Mutanimals has me pondering:

There are a lot of ways this arc could hash out, but if Splinter were to die as some have suspected, I wonder if this leads to a split in the Turtles. Leo becomes head of the Clan officially, and perhaps feels the need to take some of the hard choices Splinter did as head of the Foot. Raph may decide Hob has the right idea, take a proactive approach to saving mutants. I could see Raph leaving and joining the Mutanimals, with Leo taking on Jennika as Chunin, same role as she had under Splinter. A move I’m sure would shake things up, actually having the new turtle temporarily ‘replace’ Raph.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:01 PM   #313
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
So I read through the City at War arc issues and the conflict between Raph and Leo, and Raph’s work with the Mutanimals has me pondering:

There are a lot of ways this arc could hash out, but if Splinter were to die as some have suspected, I wonder if this leads to a split in the Turtles. Leo becomes head of the Clan officially, and perhaps feels the need to take some of the hard choices Splinter did as head of the Foot. Raph may decide Hob has the right idea, take a proactive approach to saving mutants. I could see Raph leaving and joining the Mutanimals, with Leo taking on Jennika as Chunin, same role as she had under Splinter. A move I’m sure would shake things up, actually having the new turtle temporarily ‘replace’ Raph.
Whatever happens next, we can be sure Raph is headed down a dark path. I wonder if he might take it one step further and decide that there must always be a Shredder to keep the city's criminal underworld stable...?
Old 07-26-2019, 12:14 PM   #314
Allio
Foot Elite

Finished the Jennika video

Just a heads up, when talking about the whole "artimesia" oc thing, I had a little hiccup when talking about the messages between Tom and Sophie and I forgot to rerecord the part so it feels like I was a little more harsh than I was intending which I wasn't intending it to be.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #315
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Finished the Jennika video

Just a heads up, when talking about the whole "artimesia" oc thing, I had a little hiccup when talking about the messages between Tom and Sophie and I forgot to rerecord the part so it feels like I was a little more harsh than I was intending which I wasn't intending it to be.
Really good video summary for Jennika, my only issue is that you need to speak up a bit more as you a little it quiet a few times.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 04:06 PM   #316
Allio
Foot Elite

Yeah, Still playing with the mic. It’s actually on its lowest setting, so I got to work on balance.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:26 AM   #317
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The biggest what the heck moment in comics in 2019?