The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-23-2017, 10:14 AM   #41
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The less extra characters the better, they introduced a lot of human characters that don't really get much focus get written out after awhile. I completely forgot about Lindsey's girlfriend who works for Null until recently since I flipped through the old Mutanimals mini for example. It's the same reason I'm glad Winter and Knight were written out recently, it's too many extra characters.

There's also now Harold's wife, Lindsey is still around, Jennika, Woody, April's parents, in addition to Harold, Angel, etc. Sometimes it gets too cluttered.
myself i wasn't really wanting to introduce more human characters into the fold.

i'd just like to see Michelangelo adopt a scrappy little stray cat named Klunk.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:54 PM   #42
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
myself i wasn't really wanting to introduce more human characters into the fold.

i'd just like to see Michelangelo adopt a scrappy little stray cat named Klunk.

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/tmnt/klunk1.jpg
That would be cool.

I'd also like to see the Turtles all wear red for an arc or three. Find some reason, mayne splinter gets killed, and they honor him by dropping the corny color coded bs bandanas for a more team theme red. So, what i really mean, is say goodbye to the color coded bandanas.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:59 PM   #43
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
That would be cool.

I'd also like to see the Turtles all wear red for an arc or three. Find some reason, mayne splinter gets killed, and they honor him by dropping the corny color coded bs bandanas for a more team theme red. So, what i really mean, is say goodbye to the color coded bandanas.

i won't be devastated if IDW Michelangelo never adopts Clunk,
but i think it'd be a shame to loose that character development for him.
for the most part all IDW Mikey does in his down time is Read comics and eat pizza.

speaking of red bandanas, i really hope the IDW Turtles will eventually meet their Mirage counterparts at some point.
it'd be cool it they meet the Mirage Turtles some time shortly after Return to NY happens.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #44
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i won't be devastated if IDW Michelangelo never adopts Clunk,
but i think it'd be a shame to loose that character development for him.
for the most part all IDW Mikey does in his down time is Read comics and eat pizza.

speaking of red bandanas, i really hope the IDW Turtles will eventually meet their Mirage counterparts at some point.
it'd be cool it they meet the Mirage Turtles some time shortly after Return to NY happens.
So a meeting of IDW & Mirage before Mirage v2? I'd rather see a post vol 4 Mirage group show up, but prior to them going all their seperate ways... but, with no current end to vol 4....

Edit: I'd like to see more down to earth, self contained home life stories for them... and some without their bandanas sequences.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:07 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

Mirage barely introduced any major recurring characters, the only few who have yet to appear in IDW:

- General Blanque and the Federation as we said. And likewise they've been replaced by the Neutrinos. I guess they could make Blanque into a Neutrino but I doubt anyone cares.

- Complete Carnage and Radical. Does anyone care?

- The Justice Force like Stainless Steel Steve, Metalhead (Justice Force version), Zippy Lad, Battling Bernice and Doc Dome. Who the hell wants to see them?

- Casey's cousin Sid. I don't...think he's needed. We already have Hun as Casey's abusive family member in this series.

- Bloodsucker and Wyrm are essentially the same character with a different name.

- Cha Ocho...who is essentially replaced by Jennika in this version.

And besides that Mirage was just filled with one-off monsters, mystical beings, gangsters, robots or aliens, etc...that every TMNT series already has their own versions of.

So I think IDW has covered nearly all the Mirage characters that people care about.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:28 PM   #46
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
So a meeting of IDW & Mirage before Mirage v2? I'd rather see a post vol 4 Mirage group show up, but prior to them going all their seperate ways... but, with no current end to vol 4....

Edit: I'd like to see more down to earth, self contained home life stories for them... and some without their bandanas sequences.
the reason i'd like to see the Mirage Turtles show up post-RTNY is that was when they were in their Prime.

Volume 4 for me was pretty Meh. i respect that it exists, but i don't hold it as cherished as the canon stories from Volume 1.
even Volume 2 was a bit lackluster.

Image Volume 3 was pretty dang awesome!!
although it's supposed to be a continuation of Mirage, it really feels like it's a whole other universe unto itself.

perhaps a meeting of the IDW Turtles and Mirage Turtles just after they've first met Renet (and Cerebus)?
Old 06-23-2017, 04:29 PM   #47
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

And storylines.

Such as City Fall, Northampton, and War for New York (or whichever the "Shredder's dead, everyone fight" one is called)
Old 06-23-2017, 06:17 PM   #48
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
And storylines.

Such as City Fall, Northampton, and War for New York (or whichever the "Shredder's dead, everyone fight" one is called)
Return to NY & City at War along with the Northampton arcs have been covered by City Fall from IDW... I wouldn't mind seeing a few more standalone tales... There can still be background stuff for the arc, but a couple quiet, one and done moments would be fun.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:06 PM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

Heh, I also forgot about Mr. Braunze from Volume 2, and he got a few more appearances in Volume 4 and Tales. Another generic and rather forgettable character.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:50 AM   #50
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Heh, I also forgot about Mr. Braunze from Volume 2, and he got a few more appearances in Volume 4 and Tales. Another generic and rather forgettable character.
it's really funny you should mention Mr. Braunze.

a short while ago i was trying for the life of me to remember this guy's name!
Old 06-24-2017, 09:05 AM   #51
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I was thinking Braunze could've been used as the good guy government agent against bishop, but we have Knight for that. So the Doc savage Expy is kind of useless here.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 06-24-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:44 AM   #52
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm currently re-read Tales V. 2...and for a series that went on for literally 70 issues...nothing much really happens. Sure, we get glimpses at all the different portions of the TMNT's lives, and they do tie up some loose ends lingering from the main series, and also show us the Future TMNT, but other than some new good stories with Leatherhead and some extra Foot Soldier fights...it's all basically non-essential. I enjoy most of the issues, but it's all just there.

There's really not much to mine from Mirage TMNT into other universes, honestly. Mirage TMNT focused mainly on slice of life stuff or random adventures outside of the big issues where the major characters were introduced, so there's not much to adapt.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:43 PM   #53
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Also I'd like more Mirage-style short stories like the ones in the old Shell Shock collection and Turtle Soup, those are some of my faves. An IDW TMNT anthology series with lots of day-in-the-life type stories and small one-off adventures in the vein of Survival Game and New York Ninja! I love that stuff.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:28 PM   #54
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
Also I'd like more Mirage-style short stories like the ones in the old Shell Shock collection and Turtle Soup, those are some of my faves. An IDW TMNT anthology series with lots of day-in-the-life type stories and small one-off adventures in the vein of Survival Game and New York Ninja! I love that stuff.
if it ever happened, that IDW anthology series idea would be awesome.

Shell Shock is definitely one of my favorite books from the early Mirage era.
'The Road Trip' is is a lot of fun.

Challenges is great too! Leo secretly signing Raph up for the Barry Manilow fan club.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:32 PM   #55
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

If I were able to, I personally would do a few Krang-based ones.

Spoiler:
Basically just one with him watching human activity - maybe around a holiday like New Year's - and being a little bitter and locking himself in the stasis room. And another where he's getting some things ready for post-terraforming, like an area for growing native Utrominion plants. Maybe seeing where the younger Utroms are kept in stasis. Because there's no way the population is made up entirely adults.

Maybe a few of Harold and Donatello working together on stuff.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:10 PM   #56
dawwe
Foot Soldier

Does it NEED more Mirage influence? No. Would more Mirage influence be a bad thing? Probably not. But I trust them to pick and choose and mold their own take, based on what they think will work best for the comic.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:22 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just read a Tales of the TMNT issue where the Turtles fight a mutant bunny rabbit in Mirage (No, really):

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2009/...-vol-2-62.html

Whoever said Mirage didn't have random mutants or monsters must not have read most of it's issues.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:26 PM   #58
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It even pulls some of the tired ol' tropes that the 87 show would have pulled.

"The cute thing is evil!"
"Surrrre it is, sure."
"Don't go! It'll do it again any second now!"
Old 06-25-2017, 08:01 AM   #59
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

By tone if you mean art style then yes Thats one thing I loved about Dan Duncan was his art looked like modern mirage. Hopefully they will eventually go back to the more gritty style early on.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #60
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
By tone if you mean art style then yes Thats one thing I loved about Dan Duncan was his art looked like modern mirage. Hopefully they will eventually go back to the more gritty style early on.
i absolutely LOVE Dan Duncan's art that he did for the first 12 issues!

gritty but also very animated. the panels of Chet shushing up Lindsey from divulging too much info to April were brilliant.