The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you accepted the probability?
Yes 50 50.51%
No 30 30.30%
In the process of it 19 19.19%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2016, 02:03 AM   #61
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm willing to bet after Season 5 this show will undergo a revamp for its last two seasons and go in a different direction, similar to Seasons 8-10 of the original cartoon or Fast Forward/BTTS of the 2k3 series.

Seems to be a tradition that TMNT cartoons go through overhauls/revamps in their final years, I bet it'll happen to this one too.
as long as its not lame, i wouldnt have any complaints
Old 09-11-2016, 02:44 AM   #62
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Man, she sounds way too old to be ninja-ing. And with glasses? C'mon Shredder, you can do better than this!
It will be something realy new and instresting you must admit it. And yes with glasses because girls with glasses are very beatiful. Ninajs can be at any age both i and Splinter we are more than 50 years old men.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:48 AM   #63
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
With Shredder as a mutant here, it's kinda going to the end. I mean either they defeat him as a mutant, or de-mutate him, but you kinda can't go back to regular Shredder after that. It might be heading to the end. And I'm ok with this.

I told you that i will be mutated again into a utrom or i will become a demon it will not end so soon. In 2003 series i was a utrom at the begining then a demon and then a robot in cyberspace, See? The possibilities are endless.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:07 AM   #64
Chris
Mad Scientist

Definitely expecting season 5 to be the end at this point. Just based on when they announced/ordered previous seasons they would have announced season 6 by now if they were planning to do one. If nothing's announced at NYCC I'd say we're past the point of no return.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:25 AM   #65
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
@Andrew

I don't expect sales to be comprised by anything Nick does with the show. I just meant corporate meddling. I could say them saying "well the Bay movies sucked, and our cartoon is toast... Let's mothball this crap for a few years and bring them back as wizards once Harry Potter is cool again". Or something equally insipid. Or worse.
I could see that happening. Freezing all existing deals. Pause. Do-over.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:24 AM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

I doubt they'd spitefully kill off the IDW comic. It would still give Nick free money, why would they care?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:13 PM   #67
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

So this is the only time I'm going to peek into this thread, so the one thing I'm saying is:

Spoiler:
7 or 10 seasons at least.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #68
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
That makes even less sense. Nick wouldn't cancel a cartoon just to make another one immediately after.
Unless instead of actually ending it they decided to upgrade the characters to an older model (and themes) and continue as a second related series...?

(And maybe that one could take more cues from 2003, while this one took from '87. Do it, Nick, really. )
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #69
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

One part of me wants to see this series go 100+ episodes, but another part of me wants it to end when it should end. That's oversimplifying a bit, but y'all know what I mean.
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:16 PM   #70
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Unless instead of actually ending it they decided to upgrade the characters to an older model (and themes) and continue as a second related series...?

(And maybe that one could take more cues from 2003, while this one took from '87. Do it, Nick, really. )
I would't mind that because this series is just ugggh
Old 09-11-2016, 08:25 PM   #71
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Y'know, that would be cool, but the chances are slim. Plus this show used nearly all of the "staple" plots (Shredder, Return to New York, ect). A new incarnation would be the way to go.

Whatever the new show is, I hope it's more serious than this one. IDW tone would be perfect.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:34 PM   #72
CyberCubed
Overlord

The show isn't ending.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:26 PM   #73
Turtle-X
Foot Soldier

Not yet anyway.
Turtle-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:21 PM   #74
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

If I recall correctly, the original plan was to do five seasons. If they can do more and do them well, that would be great, but five seasons is still a respectable run.

Besides, we don't know yet what's going to happen. So, until then, I'm hoping that it runs as long as it can, but that it ends at the point where it's still on a high note and it's not being stretched out beyond the point it needs to be put to pasture, but that it resolves everything in a satisfactory manner.
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:31 PM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's still a lot more to do. A Battle Nexus arc, or at least some kind of intergalactic tournament in general, more time travel stories with Renet, delving more into the history of the Foot Clan, etc.

Plus various character stuff like Shinigami and Tiger Claws origins, revisit of old mutant characters, etc.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:23 AM   #76
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

Quote:
There's still a lot more to do. A Battle Nexus arc, or at least some kind of intergalactic tournament in general, more time travel stories with Renet, delving more into the history of the Foot Clan, etc.

Plus various character stuff like Shinigami and Tiger Claws origins, revisit of old mutant characters, etc.
Tell 'em, Cubed... There's a ton of stories to explore and expand in this universe - and in the TMNT universe in general. If it ends after 5, then that's cool as long as it goes out on its own terms. If it can keep going strong, then keep it going strong!
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:28 AM   #77
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacksSoUgly View Post
One part of me wants to see this series go 100+ episodes, but another part of me wants it to end when it should end. That's oversimplifying a bit, but y'all know what I mean.
It'll be at 124 episodes once season 5 is over.

Quote:

Stage 1: denial.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:27 AM   #78
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Definitely expecting season 5 to be the end at this point. Just based on when they announced/ordered previous seasons they would have announced season 6 by now if they were planning to do one. If nothing's announced at NYCC I'd say we're past the point of no return.
When is NYCC happening by the way?

I've also accepted this show ending at Season 5. It does have it's good parts, but I'd hate to see it turn into a franchise zombie like the Simpsons or Spongebob. Shredder turning into Super Shredder does sound like they are intending to wrap things up.

Edit: Never mind, I found it, it's October 6th-9th. So about a month from now.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 09-12-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 05:26 PM   #79
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

If it does end at season 5, I wish it would be 26 episodes instead of twenty, so we would have a 130 episode series with five 26 episode seasons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:32 PM   #80
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
If it does end at season 5, I wish it would be 26 episodes instead of twenty, so we would have a 130 episode series with five 26 episode seasons.
Okay, why do the numbers matter?

I mean, we all know Cubed has little quirks of personality or brain chemistry... but why do normal people care about a number?

Tags
cybercucked, you're all to blame!