The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-30-2017, 01:26 PM   #1
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Worst Nick Designs

In your opinion what characters in the show have the worst designs?

Generally I love the designs and models for characters in the show, but to me the worst designs this show has done have are April Derp and Future Leo. I hate how ridiculous April Derp is as a character design and a concept, the design tried way too hard to be gross over the top and it just seemed goofy. Future Leo is even worse in my opinion, his head is too small, his body looks to humanoid to the point where he barely looks like a turtle, he just looks like leo got his head put onto a muscular human rather than a monstrous turtle.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:36 PM   #2
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Future leo raph and mike were way too exaggerated for me. Raph was probably the best of the three. Xever was bsf just in terms of detail that bothered me, the design itself was fine. I did not care for Mega shredders design either. Alopex looked straight out of kung fu panda legends of awesomeness.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:52 PM   #3
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I never cared for Fishface's or dogpounds design, who thought it was a good idea turning a caporia fighter into a mutated face and Dogpound just looks ridiculous. While I would't call his design bad there was no reason giving Tiger Claw a jetpack

Last edited by PApagreg; 09-30-2017 at 02:38 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:02 PM   #4
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spider Bytz. Completely and absolutely Spider Bytz. He doesn't look anything like a spider at all.

Snakeweed could have been a little more ironically snake-y. Though, all things considered, that might have put him in Audrey II territory. Which isn't too much of an issue for me.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:15 PM   #5
ToTheNines
[sic]

Like others have said: Spiderbytez, Dogpound, and Tiger Claw's super gay accessories.

Really had to get used to Slash.

The Neutrinos lacked imagination.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:40 PM   #6
Vegita-San
Emperor

MuckMan and Joe Eyeball.

Super Shredder.

Casey Jones stupid Facepaint nonsense.

Dreggs star ship.

just off the top of my head.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:50 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

My least favourite out of all the main characters was Casey Jones, I don't really like his design aside from the new mask he got in Season 4.

Out of every character in the series so far, the one i absolutely think is the worst is the Neutrinos. Not for the designs themselves, but for being nothing like what Neutrinos are supposed to be.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:50 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
MuckMan and Joe Eyeball..
LOL, WTF? Muckman's design looks almost identical to his old one. Either way what should a pile of garbage look like?

Anyone for me Spiderbitez was a real miss, but since he was such a minor character it doesn't matter.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 03:33 PM   #9
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Tiger Claw's super gay accessories..
Oh the places my imagination took this...

Off the top of my head there's only really one design I didn't like, and that was Future Leo.

His face/head should have more closely resembled his PD body design.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 03:37 PM   #10
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Oh the places my imagination took this...
DeviantArt uploads or it didn't happen.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 04:09 PM   #11
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I think we did the thread before with best and worst. As of this time, I haven't seen the Monster Arc, When Worlds Collide, or the Mutant Apocalypse episodes, so I can't comment on anything there. My main choices though are as follows:

The Neutrinos are easily the worst. It's less of "they look nothing like the old versions!" and instead, it's them looking generic. When compared to the rest of the space arc, which had a ton of creativity in appearances for aliens or any creature, this feels the most barren to me. I'm not sure if it was the color choice or just the lack of faces, but they looked underwhelming.

Similarly to Nines' thoughts on Tiger Claw with his various gadgets, that's how I feel right now with Armaggon. I can understand the whole thing with cybernetics or robotics, but the suit looks ridiculous. I keep thinking Armaggon is going to turn into a torpedo or resemble a Bullet Bill from Super Mario with it.

The final major design I don't like would probably be Bigfoot from one of the series' worst episodes, A Foot Too Big. In certain shots, it feels like the face makes me think of Dr. Rockwell. Other times, it's the build of Bigfoot. In general, the design doesn't bode well for me. It's probably the second worst design personally outside the Neutrinos.

Others I didn't like either for one part of the design, such as Stockman-Fly for his big head. Some are due to laziness, such as Bishop when he's revealed or the Utrom Council (although blue as pure was clever).

I do feel a lot of designs did work for the show, but some had something that really hurt them personally.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:35 PM   #12
neatoman
Emperor

Yeah, to be honest this show had a lot of bad designs and it's kind of hard just to pick a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, WTF? Muckman's design looks almost identical to his old one. Either way what should a pile of garbage look like?
What are my expecations regarding a pile of garbage? Out of sight, unimportant and never in focus. The character should never have been used at all.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 04:44 PM   #13
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I was never a fan of Dogpound's design and was very happy when he was double mutated into Razhar.

I didn't like the way they portrayed Leo in the latest Apocalypse Arc at all. The design just *cringe* Ugh...

I also wasn't a huge fan of Super Shredder. There were aspects of him I liked, but overall his "antlers" threw me off big time as well as his nasty overgrown toenails among many other complaints.

Another one that sticks out in my head was the "mom" monster and the worm,bird,fish monster from the Farmhouse arc. A lot of cool potential in both monsters that was poorly executed.

I wasn't big on Bebop originally, but I think it was the Michael Jackson puns more so than his actual design.

Snakeweed grew on me eventually and Creepweed was just awesome. I think Rahzar and Rocksteady and Leatherhead were all probably the best overall designs, but above all I loved Splinter's. My favorite rendition Splinter to date! That and Metalhead as well. Probably my two favorite designs in the series aside from the turtles themselves. Also really dug Donnie in the Apocalypse arc.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3

Last edited by drag0nfeathers; 09-30-2017 at 06:01 PM.
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 05:19 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

You guys do realize a lot of those monster mutant designs were purposely made to look creepy or unsettling in the first place, right? Of course April's mother, April derp, the car mutant, the giant bird, etc. were made to look creepy or weird?
Old 09-30-2017, 05:38 PM   #15
asfaloth12
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
I didn't like the way they portrayed Leo in the latest Apocalypse Arc at all. The design just *cringe* Ugh...
In the Apocalypse arc, the only designs I liked from those turtles was Donnie's. It was adorable, though the situation is a a bit... disturbing if you really think about it.
Leo's face looked OK , and his eyes actually looked quite beautiful on close-up-- the problem was the proportions. Oh boy, the proportions. It looked ridiculous at times. The teeth looked weird, too (but so did Raph's and especially Mikey's). With Raph, I wasn't a huge fan of his head. Reminded me too much of Anger from that Pixar cartoon, Inside Out. Appropriate perhaps, but it made me want to laugh. Mikey's overall design wasn't horrible, but the face...was not great. And the hair just looked ridiculous on both of them. Let's leave it at that. I understand why they were designed this way, especially Apocalypse Leo, but thank God it's not canon.

As for the rest of the series, I'll think about it. There are no designs that really jump out at me as being really bad at the moment.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:55 PM   #16
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You guys do realize a lot of those monster mutant designs were purposely made to look creepy or unsettling in the first place, right? Of course April's mother, April derp, the car mutant, the giant bird, etc. were made to look creepy or weird?
I do realize that, it doesn't mean they couldn't have put a little more imagination into the design was all I'm saying. A little more creepy, a little less weird would have better served them was all I was saying.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:59 PM   #17
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
I do realize that, it doesn't mean they couldn't have put a little more imagination into the design was all I'm saying. A little more creepy, a little less weird would have better served them was all I was saying.

Like the Giant Shredder design. what was up with the Saki tongue? ugh...
must be what an acid dream is like.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 05:59 PM   #18
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfaloth12 View Post
In the Apocalypse arc, the only designs I liked from those turtles was Donnie's. It was adorable, though the situation is a a bit... disturbing if you really think about it.
Leo's face looked OK , and his eyes actually looked quite beautiful on close-up-- the problem was the proportions. Oh boy, the proportions. It looked ridiculous at times. The teeth looked weird, too (but so did Raph's and especially Mikey's). With Raph, I wasn't a huge fan of his head. Reminded me too much of Anger from that Pixar cartoon, Inside Out. Appropriate perhaps, but it made me want to laugh. Mikey's overall design wasn't horrible, but the face...was not great. And the hair just looked ridiculous on both of them. Let's leave it at that. I understand why they were designed this way, especially Apocalypse Leo, but thank God it's not canon.

As for the rest of the series, I'll think about it. There are no designs that really jump out at me as being really bad at the moment.
Agree, Donnie was my favorite design in that arc as well. I liked Raph, but I do see what you mean when you compare him to Anger from Inside out. LOL

I didn't like Mikey either now that I think about, but Leo irked me so much more I completely forget about how much I didn't like Mikey in comparison. LOL! The way they attached his head to his shoulders disproportionately with the exaggerated muscle masses and his teeth I think is what did it for me. For some reason Mikey's teeth didn't bug me, but Leo's did. *shrug*

Old 09-30-2017, 06:19 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Like the Giant Shredder design. what was up with the Saki tongue? ugh...
must be what an acid dream is like.
They were mutant Shredder clones mixed with crabs, why would that bother you? It looked like something out of Resident Evil when they were all combined together and it was great.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:26 PM   #20
Powder
So tired of this place

Future Leo AKA Maximus Kong is the only design that I absolutely hate. Others may have small aspects I'd change if it were up to me, but overall I think this series may have had the best designs of any, overall.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercucked5cuckinboots