The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2018, 12:44 AM   #1
AlZarkovski
Stone Warrior
 
AlZarkovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 653
TMNT Macro-Series: Raphael Preview and Discussion

Release: 12/12/2018.
First Look:

Spoiler:

__________________
Sorry for my bad English
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:50 AM   #2
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 4,650
Oh jeez already

Didn't think I'd be bringing this out so soon
__________________
Utrommaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:08 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,419
Almost didn't realize that was Casey at first, looks de-aged about 5 years from usual. Heh.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:58 AM   #4
Igglet
Foot Soldier
 
Igglet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Serbia
Posts: 115
As long as I get some Raph and Casey moments, I'm on board. This looks great so far. I like the art.

And oh boy, that first panel. Utrommaniac put it better than I ever could.

Also, the issue is dropping in just over a week?! Thank God, I thought we'd have to wait until at least like the 20th for this issue to drop.
Igglet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Oh jeez already

Didn't think I'd be bringing this out so soon
https://i.imgflip.com/2nw8h3.jpg


Whereas I want to see my childhood favorite turtle get absolutely mutilated emotionally, spiritually, and physically. I want that loner turtle to get MAULED. And then do some damage on his way out.

EDIT: On his way out to escape, not his way out of life. I don't want THAT dark.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #6
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post


Whereas I want to see my childhood favorite turtle get absolutely mutilated emotionally, spiritually, and physically. I want that loner turtle to get MAULED. And then do some damage on his way out.

EDIT: On his way out to escape, not his way out of life. I don't want THAT dark.
Yeah I'm really excited for this! Casey was butchered, now Raph! He will get better. But I think his eye needs to go.

Anyway, has anyone figured out where these macros fit into the story yet? Are Mike, Leo and Raph all after 88?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:42 AM   #7
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 4,650
It's times like this where you forget Casey was stabbed in the gut until you're actually reminded

I think it goes:

Don, Mike, Battle Lines arch, Leo, Christmas issue, Raphael, City at War
__________________
Utrommaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:00 AM   #8
Igglet
Foot Soldier
 
Igglet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Serbia
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
It's times like this where you forget Casey was stabbed in the gut until you're actually reminded

I think it goes:

Don, Mike, Battle Lines arch, Leo, Christmas issue, Raphael, City at War
Sounds about right, with the exception of the Christmas Issue as we've no idea when it happens (yet).

Bobby said in another thread that the Donnie and Mikey ones are set before Battle Lines, and the Leo and Raph ones are set after it.
Igglet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:37 PM   #9
hypered1
Random Punk
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Almost didn't realize that was Casey at first, looks de-aged about 5 years from usual. Heh.
To be fair there hasn't ever been any explicitly stated ages for any of characters in the IDW series, just educated guesses from us fans.
I think the closest we've ever had is April, Casey and Angel being around 18-ish at the start of the series as both April and Casey are at NY Tech college, although it's never mentioned which year(s) they are in, and Angel mentioned during City Fall that she and Casey were born around the same time.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:27 PM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,625
I'm personally expecting the fallout of this issue to lead to some sort of weird rapprochement between Raphael and Old Hob. I've always wanted to see them end up as reluctant partners in some sort of conflict, and this panel in #87 really seems to be subtly laying the groundwork. Raph and Hob, arms crossed, backs to each other "We're only working together because Slash. Yeah. Whatever. Yeah, whatever."

We KNOW that Raph is going to end up tortured by Bishop is this macro-issue; we KNOW that Old Hob hates Bishop now more than ever for what happened to Slash. We KNOW Bishop is not going away any time soon.

Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see, but it seems like a perfect evolution for both characters. And IDW has recently given us a Casey/Hun team-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
To be fair there hasn't ever been any explicitly stated ages for any of characters in the IDW series, just educated guesses from us fans.
I think the closest we've ever had is April, Casey and Angel being around 18-ish at the start of the series as both April and Casey are at NY Tech college, although it's never mentioned which year(s) they are in, and Angel mentioned during City Fall that she and Casey were born around the same time.
I always assumed Casey and April were both in their second year of college. So 19-20.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:37 PM   #11
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm personally expecting the fallout of this issue to lead to some sort of weird rapprochement between Raphael and Old Hob. I've always wanted to see them end up as reluctant partners in some sort of conflict, and this panel in #87 really seems to be subtly laying the groundwork. Raph and Hob, arms crossed, backs to each other "We're only working together because Slash. Yeah. Whatever. Yeah, whatever."

We KNOW that Raph is going to end up tortured by Bishop is this macro-issue; we KNOW that Old Hob hates Bishop now more than ever for what happened to Slash. We KNOW Bishop is not going away any time soon.

Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see, but it seems like a perfect evolution for both characters. And IDW has recently given us a Casey/Hun team-up.
Yes, please! I love that idea!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:40 AM   #12
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 4,650
Pardon the Undertale (and eventual noise of it), but I'm pretty sure this is going to be the Mutanimals and Casey up against Bishop through this story


DoN'T touCH the ChILd


But yeah, agreeing that Raphael and Hob may finally put each other's **** aside. Things gotta stop when a mutual friend literally vanishes from existence.
__________________
Utrommaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:33 PM   #13
Cloudrunner
Mouser
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 8
I feel like I'm the only one who thinks that Alopex could play a supportive role here, given that she's had to kill people in the past and would know how to deal with the mental issues with it. Plus, she is in desperate need of some kind of role in the story.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:20 AM   #14
Igglet
Foot Soldier
 
Igglet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Serbia
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
I feel like I'm the only one who thinks that Alopex could play a supportive role here, given that she's had to kill people in the past and would know how to deal with the mental issues with it. Plus, she is in desperate need of some kind of role in the story.
I sort of just hope she gets a personality. She was great in that Universe issue with Raph but otherwise she had a completely different personality depending on who was writing her I feel like. She's a character who I feel like has so much potential if used right.
Igglet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:21 AM   #15
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
I sort of just hope she gets a personality. She was great in that Universe issue with Raph but otherwise she had a completely different personality depending on who was writing her I feel like. She's a character who I feel like has so much potential if used right.
Given her compassion and understanding of Krisa's plight, I'd like to see her take over as leader of the Mutanimals once Hob's big war-on-humans shtick fails.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #16
Cloudrunner
Mouser
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
I sort of just hope she gets a personality. She was great in that Universe issue with Raph but otherwise she had a completely different personality depending on who was writing her I feel like. She's a character who I feel like has so much potential if used right.
I agree. I liked her personality during that raid on the Null base with Raph. I liked her too during... I can't remember the timeline but when the Turtles and Mutanimals fought Bebop and Rocksteady. Other times she's played straight to where she barely has personality at all. And then there's the Toad Baron arc where she's wildly out of character and childish to the point of being ditzy. I was convinced Sophie was writing the Alopex from her fan comic rather than the one from the IDW one. She was done best in that two parter with Raph and I hope she continues to be written like that.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Given her compassion and understanding of Krisa's plight, I'd like to see her take over as leader of the Mutanimals once Hob's big war-on-humans shtick fails.
I'd be cool with a Mutant Civil War... Old Hob, Raph, Don, Ray, etc on one side, Leo, Mike, Mondo, etc on the other. That'd be sweet.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:47 PM   #18
Igglet
Foot Soldier
 
Igglet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Serbia
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Given her compassion and understanding of Krisa's plight, I'd like to see her take over as leader of the Mutanimals once Hob's big war-on-humans shtick fails.
Eh, I don't know, I don't think Alopex would fit in with that sort of group, ESPECIALLY not as the leader. If anything, I'd much prefer if Ray or Sally took over. But it would be much more interesting if, instead of having Hob die in this war or something, he instead realizes that waging a war on humanity won't do him any good and grows as a character. I mean, seeing how far he's come, is that really a stretch?
Igglet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:13 PM   #19
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 4,650
Oh god, Ray with Sally as his right hand would lay waste to the other team .
__________________
Utrommaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:22 PM   #20
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Eh, I don't know, I don't think Alopex would fit in with that sort of group, ESPECIALLY not as the leader. If anything, I'd much prefer if Ray or Sally took over. But it would be much more interesting if, instead of having Hob die in this war or something, he instead realizes that waging a war on humanity won't do him any good and grows as a character. I mean, seeing how far he's come, is that really a stretch?
She'd fit in as the leader if she wanted to take them in another direction. Who else is there? Ray and Herman are Hob's stooges, Sally is cool but she's a follower, not a leader... It'd be fun to see Alopex forced to lead a bunch of other mutated animals like herself, especially if they go up against Null's forces.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.