The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-19-2017, 10:14 AM   #901
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Now besides the Snyder cut I also want to see a non-removed mustache version of the Whedon full cut.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #902
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Aren't these the same people who said Scuicide Squad was going to flop????

I would never try to predict the success of a movie bc there a so many variables. I mean just look IT, that thing freaking smashed expectations.
I think we should wait and see the results instead speculating and stop speaking in hypotheticals
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:57 AM   #903
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Aren't these the same people who said Scuicide Squad was going to flop????

I would never try to predict the success of a movie bc there a so many variables. I mean just look IT, that thing freaking smashed expectations.
I think we should wait and see the results instead speculating and stop speaking in hypotheticals
Honestly there's different factors at play here ... although both movies required extensive and costly reshoots, Justice League was supposed to be the golden child that reinvigorated this little universe in terms of good will and was projected to do more substantial numbers than this. There's no way to spin with an opening of 96 million dollars, in this day and age, for the very first Justice League movie is a "wait and see" type of film. This thing is dead in the water and will more than likely get bested by Coco next week.

That's insane to me.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:30 PM   #904
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
It's amazing that it might not even crack $100m... But it's not that surprising. For as vocal as his fans are, Snyder's work is just divisive. It's pretty clear most folks either love 'em or hate 'em, and when you're making superhero blockbusters in an already-crowded market, they need to be crowd-pleasers.

And sorry, but they just aren't especially good either. Being "different" and "darker" than Marvel doesn't make up for weak characters, lousy plots, and bizarre creative choices that don't remotely suit the icons being represented. Snyder's definitely talented, but IMO, they hyped him up way too much as a "visionary" and didn't have the support structure needed to really make all this work.

I feel like a soft reboot with "Flashpoint" is all but inevitable if this underperforms. Once it was announced I had a feeling that was already the plan. They've invested too much time and money to flush the DCEU entirely, but they can still clean as much of the slate as possible and start fresh with a different vision and voice guiding the whole thing. Which would probably mean rejecting as much of Snyder's tone and mood as possible. It gives them an easy out to recast Batman (and anyone else who might want out), clean up some plot holes, and freely ignore any divisive or controversial elements they'd rather not have bogging things down.

(And total wishful thinking here, but I'd be pretty damned okay if they chose to wipe away Batman torturing and branding criminals to be murdered in prison, and maybe even put in a a shot of Zod in a kryptonite-fortified underground cell under artificial red sunlight... )
I don't think they need to undo Zod''s death, but yeah, how did Batman branding people make ANY sense?? If a bat-branded criminal is sent to Gotham City Jail or whatever, why would the other criminals want to kill them?? Wouldn't they all want to commiserate about getting bested by Batman?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #905
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I don't think they need to undo Zod''s death, but yeah, how did Batman branding people make ANY sense?? If a bat-branded criminal is sent to Gotham City Jail or whatever, why would the other criminals want to kill them?? Wouldn't they all want to commiserate about getting bested by Batman?
It's typical Snyder's "edgy" thing.

Like he once said, that he wouldn't be against Batman being prison raped or something like that.

Generally, if you have watched Sucker Punch, you might have a good picture of Snyder's logic. And it's not pretty or coherent one. Just lots of cool moments and teenage sexy fantasies.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:33 PM   #906
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I thought he only branded the worst kind of criminals. So it would make sense for other criminals to not get along with those criminals. But even so, wasn't that stuff orchestrated by Luthor to make Batman look bad?
Old 11-19-2017, 02:22 PM   #907
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
I thought he only branded the worst kind of criminals. So it would make sense for other criminals to not get along with those criminals. But even so, wasn't that stuff orchestrated by Luthor to make Batman look bad?
We saw Batman do it, though.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:37 PM   #908
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Honestly there's different factors at play here ... although both movies required extensive and costly reshoots, Justice League was supposed to be the golden child that reinvigorated this little universe in terms of good will and was projected to do more substantial numbers than this. There's no way to spin with an opening of 96 million dollars, in this day and age, for the very first Justice League movie is a "wait and see" type of film. This thing is dead in the water and will more than likely get bested by Coco next week.

That's insane to me.
No one was saying that Literally no one.

The director left the project, one of the stars wants out of his contract. You are extremely biased and obviously not fan and only seek to put down this movie.

This movie was supposed to do none of what you are claiming, everyone and there idiot brother could see that.

The Director left mid project, a star actor wants out of his role and your telling me people expected this movie to be good and save the DCEU???? Come on man.....

I just hope they clean the slate with a flashpoint film or something and focus on solo movies.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:47 PM   #909
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
We saw Batman do it, though.
I mean the branded criminals getting killed. Didn't Luthor start that?
Old 11-19-2017, 03:29 PM   #910
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
No one was saying that Literally no one.

The director left the project, one of the stars wants out of his contract. You are extremely biased and obviously not fan and only seek to put down this movie.

This movie was supposed to do none of what you are claiming, everyone and there idiot brother could see that.

The Director left mid project, a star actor wants out of his role and your telling me people expected this movie to be good and save the DCEU???? Come on man.....

I just hope they clean the slate with a flashpoint film or something and focus on solo movies.
Huh? This was a bizarre read, but let me try and answer back.

You're kidding yourself if you're not under the impression that WB was hoping this was going to be the movie that would be the overall course correction. Now, was the hype machine of the general audience behind this? No, I never said that. Clearly WB was hoping to bank on the team together as something that would drive audiences to want to see it. However, they clearly realized this weekend that their DCEU was built on a truly shakey foundation. In the long run, rushing this production was a hazard to them since along with all the behind the scenes drama, they put out three incredibly divisive films that both critics and audiences weren't too crazy about.

You seem to misunderstand my phrasing of "golden child" in terms of what the general audiences were thinking against the hopes for Warner Brothers ... hence the costly rewrites and reshoots.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:19 PM   #911
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Random thought....how are they going to explain Clark Kent coming back to life?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #912
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Twin brother.
He'll be ...uh...Mark Kent.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:26 PM   #913
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
If they don't already give Henry the boot and just end this iteration with Superman. I believe he had a three picture deal that ran up until 2019 and so far Henry hasn't been lighting the world on fire with his portrayal as Superman. I think he's been fine ... as it's been more so the material he's had to work with, but I can easily see them putting Superman on the shelf for awhile again.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:02 PM   #914
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's John Campea's take on the box office results.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:20 PM   #915
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Here's John Campea's take on the box office results.

What were they expecting? I'm glad Wonder Woman fared better, though if it sucked, I'm afraid everyone would have been saying it was good just to avoid feminist backlash.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:37 PM   #916
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

People still listen to Campea? Why?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #917
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since Justice League cost $300 million apparently how much do you suspect they'll lose?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:08 PM   #918
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Since Justice League cost $300 million apparently how much do you suspect they'll lose?
I read on Wikipedia or somewhere that it will apparently take $600 million at the minimum to break even.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:21 PM   #919
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Probably cause of those reshoots, it added to the budget.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #920
CyberCubed
Overlord

The $300 million is including the re-shoots.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote