The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #41
Chris
Mad Scientist

I don't really remember the episodes that well (still need to get the DVDs) but is it possible they visited Paris twice? That may explain how the all met up again.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #42
themaxonline
Hench Mutant

Naw, those two episodes are back-to-back.
April visits Paris twice tho...apparently.
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #43
gobo
Wacky Action

The European episodes likely all take place immediately after "PLAN SIX FROM OUTER SPACE". At the end, the Turtles all win their trip to Europe from Greasy Eddy's European Pizza. At the beginning of "TOWER OF POWER", the same scene replays. Also, There are four of the Euro eps that occur in Paris, two from Italy (one of which shows April leaving her Paris apartment), three to the Brittish Isles and one is an economy trip to Holland that Splinter didn't join them on. In as much as their vacation was a prize, it's unlikely that Greasy Eddy's paid for a lot of unnecessary transits back & forth. But, one thing's for certain... These eps were meant to fit into the syndicated Season 4 (which I'm entirely sure was meant to come before any of the CBS eps). That's all I have on that subject.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #44
JoeD80
Thug

Hey everyone, thanks for all the great stuff. I apologize many many times over for not showing up recently; I was caught up in a lot of deadlines at work, and as much as I wish TMNT counted as part of my work, I sadly had to push aside this project for awhile. However, it looks like my time is free again. (I know this is the 2nd time I disappeared but I will warn you if it's about to happen again!)

ToTheNines: do you mean the episodes like Dimension X Story? There is going to be some major reshuffling of season four to be sure. I expect it to be harder to organize than even season 3 is getting to be.

oldmanwinters: Hadn't viewed the April Fool episode yet; that's interesting. It was early in the production run so it may have been intended to air early. Yes, I have that note about "The Old Switcheroo" and the modules.

themaxonline: It seems like Tower of Power is supposed to follow-up Plan Six from Outer Space but I need to look at the details on that Dimension X asteroid. Maybe Donatello delayed their vacation until later in the season?

gobo: Thanks for the great information on the European episodes that you PM'd me! Again, sorry for not being around recently.

Will return Monday with update of 9 episodes!

Last edited by JoeD80; 06-26-2009 at 02:52 PM.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #45
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Awesome, I thought you had left the project. I don't mind if it takes you a long time as long as the project continues.

I wish Krangstein still posted since he also tried to do this project once.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #46
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Just a note for future reference:
The Sewer Tubes seem to be introduced in "Bye, Bye, Fly." They are seen in a few others episodes, such as "The Case of the Hot Kimono" and "Pizza by the Shred."

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 06-29-2009 at 10:11 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #47
JoeD80
Thug

Thanks for the note! I thought that was in one of the Fly episodes. I'm trying to keep a good list of inventions and in which episodes they're in. I'll post my condensed version of season 3 notes once I reach the end of it. I think I'll be able to watch a lot of the episodes over the July 4th holiday.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:45 AM   #48
hudemx
Hench Mutant

I'va got a question!

When do the Vacation in Europe Episodes take place?
I think they have to take place right after the first episode of Season 4 (Plan 6...) and before the second (Turtles of the Jungle)

Well I did some Chrono work on the Season 3 Episodes, what do you think about this Listing (Sorry for the numbers and the german dubtitles - it's for the next german DVD Box Set; that's also why I left out the first few Season 3 episodes, sry):

31. NINJA SWORD OF NOWHERE, THE - SCHWERT DES UNIVERSUMS
32. 20.000 LEAKS UNDER THE CITY - FLUTKATASTROPHE, DIE
27. ENTER: THE RAT KING - KAMPF MIT DEM RATTENKÖNIG
45. SUPER ROCKSTEADY AND MIGHTY BEBOP - GEHIRNVERDREHER, DER
30. ATTACK OF THE BIG MACC - ELEKTRONISCHE KÄMPFER, DER
38. CAMERA BUGGED - EINGEFANGEN
34. FOUR MUSKETURTLES - VIER MUSKETIERE, DIE
28. TURTLES AT THE EARTH'S CORE - IM REICH DER SAURIER
26. FIFTH TURTLE, THE - TURTLE FAN, DER
36. COWABUNGA SHREDHEAD - ORIGINAL ODER FÄLSCHUNG
33. TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER - FÜHRUNGSKRISE, DIE
46. BEWARE THE LOTUS - RIVALIN DES SHREDDERS, DIE
47. BLAST FROM THE PAST - GEIST RUFT, DER
41. CASEY JONES, OUTLAW HERO - VOLLSTRECKER, DER
57. MISSING MAP, THE - GEHEIMVERSTECK, DAS
29. APRIFL FOOLISH - JUWEL DER KRONE, DAS
35. TURTLES, TURTLES, EVERYWHERE - TURTLEJAGD, DIE
37. INVASION OF THE TURTLE SNATCHERS - BESUCH DES UFOS, DER
39. GREEN WITH JEALOUSY - VERLIEBTE JUNGS
40. RETURN OF THE FLY, THE - RACHEFLIEGE, DIE
42. MUTAGEN MONSER, THE - ICH GLAUB' MICH TRITT EIN STIER
43. CORPORATE RAIDERS FROM DIMENSION X - UNTERNEHMERGEIST
48. LEATHERHEAD: TERROR OF THE SWAMP - HEIßES PFLASTER FLORIDA
49. MICHELANGELO'S BIRTHDAY - GEBURTSTAGSSCHRECK, DER
50. USAGI YOJIMBO - SAMURAI HASE, DER
52. USAGI, COME HOME - FALSCHER HASE
53. MAKING OF METALHEAD, THE - METALLKOPF KOMMT
54. LEATHERHEAD MEETS THE RAT KING - KROKODIL IN NEW YORK, DAS
56. GREAT BOLDINI, THE - TORTELLINISMARAGD, DER
55. TURTLE TERMINATOR, THE - IRMA - VERNICHTEND DUMM
58. GANG'S ALL HERE, THE - SHREDDER KEKSE
59. GRYBYX, THE - GRYBYX, DER
60. MISTER OGG GOES TO TOWN - SPAßVOGEL, DER
61. SHREDDERVILLE - UNGLAUBLICHES ABENTEUER, EIN
62. BYE-BYE FLY - UNHEIMLICHE TEMPEL
51. CASE OF THE HOT KIMONO, THE - SUPERTANTE, DIE
44. PIZZA BY THE SHRED - PIZZAFALLE, DIE
63. BIG RIPOFF, THE - DUNKLE ZEITEN
64. BIG BREAK-IN, THE - EROBERUNG DER WELT, DIE - TEIL 1
65. BIG BLOW OUT, THE - EROBERUNG DER WELT, DIE - TEIL 2

Last edited by hudemx; 07-09-2009 at 01:58 PM.
hudemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #49
JoeD80
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudemx View Post
I'va got a question!

I think they have to take place right after the first episode of Season 4 (Plan 6...) and before the second (Turtles of the Jungle)
That looks to be the most likely (right after Plan Six) because there's a scene that appears in that episode and "Tower of Power", but the hard part will be sorting through the syndicated and network episodes and placing them in order. I haven't started those episodes yet though, since I am making my final notes on season 3 still (will be done over the weekend I think; by Wednesday at the latest).

Quote:
Well I did some Chrono work on the Season 3 Episodes, what do you think about this Listing
Hey that list is pretty cool, and is matching some of my notes. I'll post my final season 3 list next week and we can figure out if there's any episodes that seem out of place in either list.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #50
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I'va got a question!

After watching the first 6 episodes of the Vacation Season, I'm starting to think a true chronology might be impossible. You've got April, Vernon, Irma appearing in and out of Europe like they've never been there before. You've got two episodes dealing with the Eiffle Tower where no one seems to remember the other event. All in all, I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #51
sdp
Megan Fox = April

BTW here is an older thread that dealt with the episode order of the OT
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=18031

It might help you out.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:25 AM   #52
hudemx
Hench Mutant

I made an List of the Vacatation episodes that might make sense:

67. (143.) TOWER OF POWER - DER TURTLESTURM AUF DEN EIFELTURM (Starts where "Plan 6..." ends)
68. (152.) TURTLES ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS - SCHRECKENSFAHRT DES ORIENT EXPRESS, DIE (Turtles take the train from Paris to Bukarest)
69. (151.) LOST QUEEN OF ATLANTIS, THE - KÖNIGIN VON ATLANTIS, DIE (Prior to this episodes the Turtles travelfrom Romania to Greece)
70. (147.) ART LESS - DIEBE AUS DEM ALL (Prior to this Episode the Turtles drive from Greece to Italy)
71. (146.) VENICE ON THE HALF SHELL - CHAOS IN VENEDIG (Still taking Place in Italy)
72. (145.) REAL SNOW JOB - VIER TURTLES IM SCHNEE (Turtles are now in Austria - Naghboorland of Italy)
73. (144.) RUST NEVER SLEEPS - ROSTKANOONE, DIE (Turtles are back in France, they get through Paris in order to drive to Lisbon)
74. (148.) RING OF FIRE - FEUERSTRAHL, DER (Turtles are Lisbon)
75. (149.) IRISH JIG IS UP, THE - STRAHLENBOGEN, DER (Prior to this Episode the Turtles ship from Portugal to Ireland)
76. (150.) SHREDDER'S NEW SWORD – SAGENHAFT (Turtles are on the british Islands)
77. (155.) ELEMENTARY, MY DEAR TURTLES - ZEITWIRBEL, DER (Turtles are still in London)
78. (153.) APRIL GETS IN DUTCH - DIAMANTENRÄUBER, DIE (Prior to this Episodes the Turtle ship from Britain to Amsterdam)
79. (154.) NORTHERN LIGHTS OUT - LETZTEN WIKINGER, DIE (geografical last possible Place to get in Europe)

This Episode Order would make more Sense than the broadcast Version, its ordert in a chronological an geografical sense.
The Turtles first approach Paris, there thy meet April, after that they get into the Orient Express and travel from Paris to Bukarest.
Then they get to Greece, after Greexe they get to Italy for 2 Episodes. Right after that they drive to Austria. Their next Aim is Lisbon, but in Order to get there, they have to get throug Paris again - thats why April is so surpised when she meets the Turtles there again.
After Lisbon they ship to the Republic of Ireland, and travel to Londo for two Episodes.
Then they get to Amsterdam and in the End they Head for the Netherlands.

What do You think about this Order?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #53
ToTheNines
[sic]

Are you gonna kick out one of the Atlantis episodes? They can't both be canon.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #54
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
What do You think about this Order?
Regarding the fact that you took a geographical approach, I think "great minds think alike". ^_^ However, April leaves her Paris apartment to go to Italy, And, in as much as this vacation was a prize and the ship that brought them oversea was a floating bucket, it's safe to assume that Greasy Eddy's European Pizza wouldn't swing for a bunch of unnecessary trips back and forth. But, I do like that idea why April and Shredder would be surprised that the Turtles were in Paris. That's genius.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #55
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Are you gonna kick out one of the Atlantis episodes? They can't both be canon.
While they do give to very different sides of the story, can you give some specifics as to why they contradict each other? If we were to relieve the ep order of one Atlantis ep, we'd have to get rid of that one ep with the flashback of Krangezoid brains in bubble walkers. As far as we know, it's just hard to believe. But, it's still a glaring oversight. I could patch that plot-hole myself if I had to...

Old 07-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #56
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Regarding the fact that you took a geographical approach, I think "great minds think alike". ^_^ However, April leaves her Paris apartment to go to Italy, And, in as much as this vacation was a prize and the ship that brought them oversea was a floating bucket, it's safe to assume that Greasy Eddy's European Pizza wouldn't swing for a bunch of unnecessary trips back and forth.
How about this one:

The Turtles leave France with the Orient Express but instead going to Greece they go to Venice. Meanwhile April went back to Paris, because she had all her Stuff there.
So that would Place VENICE ON THE HALF SHELL right after TURTLES ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS.
The Turtles went to Greece after they went to Austria, in Greece they ship to France, drive through Paris again to get to Lisbon and so on...

What do you think about this one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
But, I do like that idea why April and Shredder would be surprised that the Turtles were in Paris. That's genius.
Thanks
Old 07-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #57
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
What do you think about this one?
Sounds great. ^_^

Old 07-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #58
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Haven't watched the episodes, but not all the European vacation episodes have to happen continuously. Maybe the second Paris episode was later in the series which explains why they'd be surprised also. Doing this might also explain some plot holes that are in the episodes.

I'm not very good at looking for details to place stuff in continuity order, however I am pretty good at trying to explain plot holes. So as soon as I see the two Atlantis episodes that contradict each other I'm sure I can come up with a logical explanation. Same thing about the Krang species without bodies, I first need to watch the episode with krang's species with bodies to be able to come off with an explanation.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #59
hudemx
Hench Mutant

there's also something that bucks me!

105. TURTLES AND THE HARE
106. ONCE UPON A TIME MACHINE

Those two episodes shouldn't be part of the fifth season! They should be part of Season 4.
* The Theme Song is still played with the Season 1 to early Season 4 Animation and not with the second Version
* The Technodrome still in Dimension X and not surrounded by Lava
* The Animation is like most of the Season 4 Episodes (horrible)

However:
In Once upon a Timemachine Donatello mentions the Year 1991, which was the Year Season 5 was airing...

Last edited by hudemx; 07-12-2009 at 12:54 PM.
hudemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #60
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Haven't watched the episodes, but not all the European vacation episodes have to happen continuously.
I came to the same conclusion. Since The Netherlands ep is the only one that was evidently not on the Tour schedule, I'm guessing that could have happened later in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I am pretty good at trying to explain plot holes.
Me too. Like, I think the Krangezoid brains in bubble walkers can be explained as Krang's co-conspirators being given the same punishment, except Krang was later banished to Earth for leading the others in a revolt or something. So, why don't we ever see the others? Because the continuity of this cartoon series was weak and they should have hired me as a writer despite the fact I was too young to work. As for Atlantis, the surface-dwelling Atlantean cult obviously didn't know there were underwater residents of Atlantis because Merdude's origin hadn't been thought up yet so he could set them all straight.
Quote:
there's also something that bucks me!
No comment... ^_^
Quote:
The Theme Song is still played with the Season 1 to early Season 4 Animation and not with the second Version
That's because CBS didn't want to wait for Group W to finish airing all of their syndicated package. So, the first intro indicates Group W (80 syndicated and 13 'European Cruise' eps that premiered on cable, making them technically not 'syndicated') and the second and third are for the CBS bunch (99 eps... or 100 if you insist on counting "PLANET OF THE TURTLEOIDS" as two).
Quote:
In Once upon a Timemachine Donatello mentions the Year 1991, which was the Year Season 5 was airing...
They mention 1991 in a couple Euro eps as well (even though they weren't copyrighted and ready for air until late 1992). Maybe this will help you with placing the Euro eps...

Tags
timeline