The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 05:35 PM   #281
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I hate to tell you this, but lots of people would mind if they were gay.
Wait... I know that. I've worded my post a bit poorly, my bad. What I mean is, you're way more likely to find more support for gay turtles than for turtlecest. Turtlecest is kinda seen as the odd part of the fandom. In comparison, gay turtles does look like a much better option. Point a gun(not literelly!) at someone and ask them "The turtles have to be A)gay or B) have sex with each other". I think A would win by a landslide.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #282
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy

Quote:
I hate to tell you this, but lots of people would mind if they were gay.
To be fair, I think its more down to the turtles being mutants whom people would not want to see in any sexual relationship, whether its homo or hetero.

If its a crush without any advances and just homosexual tendencies, I doubt most people would mind, even if they don't support it. I don't even think a homosexual relationship between two human characters would even cause that much controversy.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:37 PM   #283
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only gay relationship I want to see going forward is Karai and Shinigami in a future TMNT incarnation. The idea of Karai having a girlfriend is probably the best idea in TMNT history in years.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:39 PM   #284
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
To be fair, I think its more down to the turtles being mutants whom people would not want to see in any sexual relationship, whether its homo or hetero.

If its a crush without any advances or just homosexual tendencies, I doubt most people would mind, even if they don't support it.
Generally I prefer romance to stay minimal in the TMNT franchise. As in CaseyxApril being enough as far as romance in TMNT goes. But I don't mind if the Turtles have crushes on female mutants, even if they're foxes or something. But Turtles and humans? No thanks. This isn't Sonic 2006.

I've seen better.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:14 PM   #285
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
What I mean is, you're way more likely to find more support for gay turtles than for turtlecest.
Agree and have thought that for a while... I'd be far more comfortable with one of them being gay, and never would with the brothers, er, being put with each other. If that's some people's thing, more power to them, that's their business, but no thank you.... that does not need to be made mainstream.

Spoiler:
Okay, admit if Leo was made the gay one I might not be too crazy about it... I'd rather he remain who he is with his occasional human lady crushes and all. I don't really mind that my boy has an appreciation of us human type womenz.

There will always be an open invite (for a grown Leo) for a snuggle should their fictional universe magically pop into existence and collide with ours. I'd rather keep that tiny pretend thought that he might accept, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only gay relationship I want to see...
Of course you do.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:15 PM   #286
Prowler
Foot Elite

Btw, I had totally forgotten Davetello had made this thread.

I've seen better.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:42 PM   #287
MrTrikey
Thug

I think it would be an interesting thing to explore, one day. Although, most of my hopes of seeing it ever happen died when Laird handed Nickelodeon the keys. But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong, some day!

In any case, one of the more compelling and tragic aspects of TMNT, when done right, is acknowledging that the 4 bros are in a predicament where they're the only ones of their kind. So already, the idea of having kids of their own is a non-factor (unless Donnie does something about that through SCIENCE!!!, one day).

Therefore, whatever type of bonds the guys may form with others, even possibly romantic ones, should probably be something that speaks to a deeper connection. And I think that's entirely possible (depending on the writer and series), whether the turtle ends up with a male or female partner.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:22 PM   #288
Powder
Endless Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTrikey View Post
I think it would be an interesting thing to explore, one day. Although, most of my hopes of seeing it ever happen died when Laird handed Nickelodeon the keys. But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong, some day!
Huh? What makes you think Laird would ever tread into those waters? No way.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:31 PM   #289
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

He is the guy who saw the turtles as more asexual, though. Different spectrum, but similar zone of "uncomfortable" that the "execs" usually don't want to deal with.

Though, since Nick has been using gay characters more frequently in the last couple years (such as Korrasami and multiple occasions within The Loud House), I think they might muster up something. I think it's more likely that they'd use a different character than one of the turtles first, to test the waters.

Spoiler:
I mean come on, Bebop and Rocksteady got pretty friendly as time went on in the Nick series in spite of their past history.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 11-14-2017 at 11:37 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:24 AM   #290
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

But the turtles can't actually be ace, because if they are admittedly asexual the usual clown car of bigots would get all up in arms.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:46 AM   #291
Shark_Blade
Prince Elias Acorn

Leo and Raph are gay incest for each other anyway.

Sonic joined IDW Publishing - possible crossover with TMNT in the future?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:59 AM   #292
Papenbrook
Mad Scientist

Quote:
But the turtles can't actually be ace, because if they are admittedly asexual the usual clown car of bigots would get all up in arms.
Haven't the turtles always been asexual, though?

Shouldn't the correct term be "aromantic"?
Papenbrook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:36 PM   #293
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Leo and Raph are gay incest for each other anyway.
*shoves Shark Blade out of the thread*

Actually no... Let me go find them in some parallel universe so they can stop by this one and deal with you themselves. Brb.

Really though, it would be less forced I would think if it was simply a new friend (preferably a new important supporting character, not a one ep character that is never seen again) introduced to the show who you just catch on that he/she is probably gay, but it isn't some kind of big thing, nor a big deal, because that detail isn't actually important to the series.

No, I wouldn't agree that they've "always been asexual." Not with some of the crushes and whatnot they've had. Just because you can't eventually get any wouldn't make you asexual. (Although if you take the franchise as a whole, it can't really be said that some of them haven't at some point, since they kinda have... be it human, alien, or other sentient species.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:54 PM   #294
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Haven't the turtles always been asexual, though?

Shouldn't the correct term be "aromantic"?
Not in any of the the versions of canon I'm the most familiar with.
But we can fanwank anything if we try hard enough.

I'd be curious to see a Venn Diagram of folks who think the turtles should be devoid of any romantic/sexual desires at all, with the folks who go out of their way to sneer at any sexual identity that isn't heterosexual.

My feeling is that diagram would be a circle.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #295
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

In Mirage:

* Leonardo eventually got with and settled down with Radical. A lot of people also like to see something that wasn't there in his initial dealings with Karai.
* Donatello seemed downright smitten with Jhanna by the end of their meetup.
* To me, Raphael appeared to have more than a simply platonic interest in Lucindra. But maybe it was nothing.
* Michelangelo has had two girlfriends and possibly had kids with the most recent one.

Beyond possibly Raphael, anything coming out (no pun intended) now or in the future about any of the Turtles being outed as homosexuals is just reimaginings/fanwank/what-can-we-do-to-stir-the-pot kind of fare, particularly in a world now where the Turtles' creators don't really have the final say on anything anymore.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:18 PM   #296
Sumac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
My feeling is that diagram would be a circle.
Very fat trolling.
You are not better than Andrew.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:22 PM   #297
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Wow who rezzed the necrothre.... Oh nevermind. Cubed. Of course.

My thoughts on this are about the same as they were 3 years ago. Would I care much? Not really (I'm still saying Don or Raph as most likely.) I do like the idea of Casey being gay or bi. Karai too. April just seems less likely but if they ever bring Irma in again I could see her going that way. Leo might be interesting but I'm not sure how well it would work.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:50 AM   #298
Coola Yagami
Emperor

If they ever do, the cartoon would have to be aimed at the older crowd. If not you're gonna get all the idiots yelling out 'THE CHILDREN!! THE CHILDREN!!' and all that crap and accusing TMNT of turning their kids gay and all that garbage.
v=ufYzGoquORs[/url]
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:27 AM   #299
Sumac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
If they ever do, the cartoon would have to be aimed at the older crowd. If not you're gonna get all the idiots yelling out 'THE CHILDREN!! THE CHILDREN!!' and all that crap and accusing TMNT of turning their kids gay and all that garbage.
In the current climate you might end up with people who scream about opposite, "how dare all Turtles be heterosexual (?) and don't propagate healthiness of homosexual relationships, it means that creators are horrible homophobes".

Last edited by Sumac; 11-16-2017 at 08:04 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:51 AM   #300
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Candy Kappa is online now   Reply With Quote