The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 07:18 PM   #41
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So how many genders are there now? Somehow nowadays people say there are 10 different genders. I never knew that could be possible unless aliens visited the Earth.
Since you're a New Yorker and working, better catch up on the PC learning quick CyberCubed:

Quote:
A law in New York City will fine businesses and employers if they violate a person's human rights by not using their preferred 'gender pronoun.' Mayor Bill de Blasio's Commission on Human Rights appears to have updated the law on 'Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Expression' to include businesses, employees and landlords who fail to refer to transgender people as terms such as 'ze' and 'hir'. They will be in violation of the New York City Human Rights Law (NYCHRL), that forces employers and 'converted entities to use an individual's preferred name, pronoun and title (e.g., Ms./Mrs.) regardless of the individual's sex assigned at birth, anatomy, gender, medical history, appearance, or the sex indicated on the individual's identification,' according to the guidance information on the city's website.

The Commission on Human Rights issued a 'legal enforcement guidance' for the law, and notes that some people would prefer non-gender-binary pronouns, including 'they/them/theirs or 'ze/hir.' Several examples of violations that could result in businesses or employers paying fines are listed in the guidance that was released.

'Intentional and repeated refusal to use an individual's preferred name, pronoun or title,' the guidance reads. 'For example, repeatedly calling a transgender woman 'him' or 'Mr.' after she has made clear which pronouns and title she uses.' Interestingly enough, the new guidance for the NYCHRL also suggests how businesses and employers can avoid violations by implementing a policy of 'asking everyone what their preferred gender pronoun is so that no individual is singled out for such questions.'

It also adds that businesses and employers should update their systems to 'allow all individuals to self-identify their names and genders.'
Furthermore, the guideline states that if a business finds out that its employees or patrons 'refuse to use a transgender employee's preferred' pronoun, they should be kicked out or fired immediately from the position since they aren't complying with the NYCHRL.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nsgenders.html
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...nder-pronouns/

Don't forget everyone to fight for transracial rights too now...

That way they can tell us about their struggles about being the race they feel inside, just like Rachel Dolezal in lecturing to South Africans about her struggle.

Need a soap opera fix? You found it here at 'Drome Place! Here's a guide to get you caught up on the saga.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:22 PM   #42
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
http://www.highlander-community.com/they.jpg

Is this even proper English? I thought you expressly cannot use "they" or "their" if talking about a single person. I mean, a lot of people do in conversation all the time but it's certainly not "Correct," is it? I remember getting graded down on papers for using "they" and "their" incorrectly quite a bit. Did this change somewhere along the line?
Wouldn’t it just be better to do it like people ask you to? Instead of worrying about offending your English teacher, maybe worry about hurting someone?
Old 11-14-2017, 07:31 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

What am I reading in this thread...I feel like I'm in the twilight zone or bizarro world.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:45 PM   #44
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

It's a brave, new world, Cubed. I know you must feel like a stranger in a strange land. I do myself at times.
ProphetofGanja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #45
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
What am I reading in this thread...I feel like I'm in the twilight zone or bizarro world.
Read a book. Read an interview by a trans or non-binary person. It doesn’t make sense why geeks try so hard to stay ignorant about certain things.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:26 PM   #46
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
In my native language, even inanimate objects have genders.

Wardrobes, the floor, clothes and walls are female while doors, houses, rocks and smoke is male.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Well, same here. Tbh, English is the only language I've studied so far that doesn't give genders to everything.
Whhhhaaa? I never could even figure what my vehicle would be, let alone anything else. It remains an it. Or a them, if you like. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:14 PM   #47
sdp
<<raver>>

Imperialistic America likes to shove their views in every other culture, but that's ok, it's part of their culture.

It's not a brave new world or else Trump wouldn't be President. This "progress" is actually doing more harm than good but whatever.

In languages that include genders "male" is often default for both genders as well and saying both genders of the noun to be "inclusive" is actually grammatically incorrect. Giving nouns genders is not so much as giving it a gender but just the way it is, there are even some nouns that can use both male or female articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I think you both would be surprised.
No, you don't know, stop speaking for cultures you don't understand.

Quote:
Yeah? Probably not in any latin countries.
If only they knew how Latin countries feel about being "protected" by Americans.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:52 AM   #48
Sumac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Is this even proper English? I thought you expressly cannot use "they" or "their" if talking about a single person. I mean, a lot of people do in conversation all the time but it's certainly not "Correct," is it? I remember getting graded down on papers for using "they" and "their" incorrectly quite a bit. Did this change somewhere along the line?
As long as it used naturally - it's one thing.

As soon as someone will start to enforce it, because, some left lunatics think, that, if you accidentally call "man" a "woman" or vice versa, it will irreparably hurt their feelings, than, no. It's stupid. If your feelings could be hurt by such simple mistake - I am sorry, but it is you, who needs help, not society.

As for all those "zir", "zer" and the like - it's nothing more than liberal identity lunacy multiplied by teenage maximalism and attempts by some people to rebel against "system" and pander to their egos, feeling like unique snowflakes. As soon as they leave their own circlejerking circles and start live in real world, build their own families and interact with more people, they quickly will become normal people. They basically will dissappear, like Hippies back in the day.

Quote:
Since you're a New Yorker and working, better catch up on the PC learning quick CyberCubed:
Holy crap.
Lunacy is really contagious this days.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:56 AM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

Can someone explain this nonsense to me?

This looks like a goddamn foreign language or something, or computer code.

Looks like Unown from Pokemon too. LMAO.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:00 AM   #50
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy

Quote:
I laughed way too hard at this
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:23 AM   #51
Sumac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
As I said, some people want to rebel against system with this non-sense. Others want to feel unique, because, being just a unique "woman" or "man" is not enough for them, they should go beyond that.
Now those might become normal people one day, I hope. But the way some governmental structures pander to this lunacy is quite worrying.

Overall, Left in their zealousy don't see the fallacy of fighting labels and stereotypes, by creating even more new labels and stereotypes.

Instead of trying to "clean", "women" and "men" from stereotypical garbage, they just hilariously circumventing this problem, by creating new labels, which in reality doesn't solve the problem at all and just creates more needless confusion.
It's just question of time, when those new "genders" will have new stereotypes assigned to them and then Left will find nothing better than to create even more new labels, so some insecure teenagers and crazy people might feel themselves content.

It's a "perfect" circle, which doesn't really solve the problem and instead just applies badge to it, because, no matter how some Left Lunatics want, they can't rewrite biology and there always will be women and men, for race to procreate. And as long as there are biological divide there will be, also, separation between genders, due to the fact that biological sex affects behavior of the person, hence factual genders do exist.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:27 AM   #52
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
...they can't rewrite biology and there always will be women and men, for race to procreate. And as long as there are biological divide there will be, also, separation between genders, due to the fact that biological sex affects behavior of the person, hence factual genders do exist.
Ask a biologist, anthropologists, or sociologist. You aren’t any of those things? Gender is a social construct. There is no binary in nature just because you want there to be. Please actually read and research before you type so much about something you know so little about.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #53
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It's a waste of time to try to have a scientifically accurate conversation with someone who actually believes that race is a scientific concept.

Rather than a relic of anthropology from the days of European colonialism.

And hey Andrew?
Crap like this is why the Drome is considered toxic.
Imagine someone who's been interested in the turtles their entire life coming to this forum and seeing this thread. With no emotional investment what would be their... Oh I'm sorry, I have to make sure this is grammatically correct for your sensibilities, what would be its reason to subject itself to this kind of malarkey?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.

Last edited by plastroncafe; 11-15-2017 at 08:20 AM.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #54
Sumac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Ask a biologist, anthropologists, or sociologist. You aren’t any of those things? Gender is a social construct. There is no binary in nature just because you want there to be. Please actually read and research before you type so much about something you know so little about.
I have studied biology and anthropology. And more importantly I understand basic logic.

Your hormones works in conjunction with your body, which is either male or female (bar rare mutations). So if you have penis - your hormones influence your behavior and inform your interaction with the world one way. If you have vagina - in another.

So while such things as clothes and social stereotypes are obviously social constructs, saying that there is no difference between women and men and their interactions with the world whatsoever, is hilariously false statement.

And admitting difference between women and men, doesn't mean sexism or anything like that. Unless you are Left Lunatic screwed up in the head.

Quote:
It's a waste of time to try to have a scientifically accurate conversation with someone who actually believes that race is a scientific concept.
Is it aimed at me, because, I have never said anything regarding race.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:05 AM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

http://i.imgur.com/Xz6jsUd.png

I had to see... I had to know...

Quote:
And hey Andrew?
Imagine someone who's been interested in the turtles their entire life coming to this forum and seeing this thread.
If they're coming to talk Turtles why would they be wandering into the Current Events subforum? I don't think I even glanced at the non-Turtle subforums here until like after 5 years of being here, probably longer.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:28 AM   #56
Prowler
Foot Elite

Andrew never fails with his thought provoking threads LMAO

Quote:

http://i.imgur.com/Xz6jsUd.png

LOL idd it does Especially Epicene.

Quote:

Rather than a relic of anthropology from the days of European colonialism.

And hey Andrew?
Imagine someone who's been interested in the turtles their entire life coming to this forum and seeing this thread. With no emotional investment what would be their... Oh I'm sorry, I have to make sure this is grammatically correct for your sensibilities, what would be its reason to subject itself to this kind of malarkey?
Tbh joining a TMNT forum to primarily talk about political and social issues seems like a red flag.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:29 AM   #57
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Tbh joining a TMNT forum to primarily talk about political and social issues seems like a red flag.
or to post endless giant sonic images ;o).

I was more interested in turtles. i didn't even KNOW there was a current events forum until 5 years ago.

Shows how much time i spent elsewhere.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:33 AM   #58
sdp
<<raver>>

I started posting in the off topic forums when other forums I frequented changed or died and it's basically the only forum left that I enjoy spending time on.

I've always avoided political threads since I always found my views more liberal than the average person's so why debate, it wasn't until people started screaming at me about politics and censoring stuff I liked that I started posting a bit more into political topics for the last year or so.

Forums are forums, the drome is fairly tame at that. Maybe this "inclusiveness" that forums have is what makes them "toxic" to people and that's why they instead go to their safe social media bubbles as forums slowly die. But I'd rather be here than have far more superficial discussions on social media, it just doesn't work for me, discussions are just geekier here because it's a geekier place to be. If people are that offended by the comparison of Unowns and gender charts then so be it, discussion is likely better off without them.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:36 AM   #59
Sumac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Because, people dare to discuss and have different opinions on things you consider everyone should only one opinion?
Left cool-aid is strong with this one.

And pulling out "think about newcomers" card is quite low. It's like this "but think about children" card, which appears every time when someone want to do something shady.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:37 AM   #60
newfan
Stone Warrior

I noticed the current events and other sections right after joining cause I was browsing a lot (maybe you guys use it more than you used to?). I didn't notice beforehand though because I was searching turtle info. Course anyone searching information on genders or other current events might be confused when a TMNT fan site pops up
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fredwolfleo=tagabuser