The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-02-2018, 09:45 PM   #1501
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Curious if they have the likeness rights, Shredder can be close enough without a removable helmet but maybe they're waiting with Casey to see if they got Koteas' likeness right or negotiate to one.

If not, Casey will probably have a unremovable mask and go the Kane from Alien route.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:02 AM   #1502
Otter
Stone Warrior

I'd display him with the mask anyway, so either works for me. I really want a Casey... before any other new character.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:59 AM   #1503
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Yeah he wont be made, its about 10k to make metal mold of the figure for plastic injection in china , turtles share the parts so its cheaper for them and they can use one mold for all 4, also foot soldiers share parts...
Too bad, i was hoping for splinter but NECA actually never made any splinter.
Trevor departure also changed a lot, he actually started turtles in his own spare time and it was because he shown cartoon turtles to Randy it was decided to go with it and make figures and other time he shown his own raph statue sculpt( visible on previous images i posted) to him as well and Randy asked Nick for license,it was a succes and Trevor was asked to blowup Donnie to 1/4 scale, thats how it went according to blog posts and interview with Trevor on cowabunga corner.
So unless theres someone sclpting TMNT in their spare time over there, theres really no chance for more than what we already know IMO.
He talks about it on 8:15:

Last edited by bwwd; 09-03-2018 at 05:18 AM.
bwwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:44 PM   #1504
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Why can't Casey borrow a parts from other NECA figures? Freddy and Jason come to mind as possibilities. Or even Terminator. I'd say Trevor opened the door for TMNT. But it's open now. I think the fact they are getting the smaller figures out to retail shows they are not giving up on the line.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:46 PM   #1505
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Im not sure how the deal with chinese factory looks like but sometimes they keep the metal mould for figures and sometimes you can ship it to USA to prevent them making bootlegs cause they do make them like weve seen with mirage turtles and arcade turtles, these are original NECA metal moulds but maybe plastic is cheaper.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:49 AM   #1506
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

It's a lot more than ten grand to make the metal tooling - for a fully articulated figure with as many parts as a standard NECA figure, you're probably looking at $60,000 and upwards.

NECA might be prohibited from using parts from other figures by the terms of the contract - for example, Hasbro can't share any parts or toolings between their Marvel lines and Star Wars lines. They can, however use parts made for GI Joe on other lines, as that's wholly owned by them.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:33 AM   #1507
bwwd
Hench Mutant

I asked, its 10-15k for articulated figure in china.They have their own moulds for all plastic joints cause theyre really basic, joints from these movie turtles are identical to joints from mirage turtles and many other figures and chinese have moulds for these.
60k might be in USA.
Not sure why would you use any toolings from other figures, its just sculpted Castaline proto thats sent to chinese to make metal mould and plastic inject figures, theres no tooling from other figures unless you want head swaps but we talk about movie turtles, they dont have anything from other figs.
It depends how moulds are designed, they have to fill whole mould with one colour of plastic so making new one just for extra head especially in diffent colour is expensive idea, preplanning must be smart here.
5cm mould of the figure without joints is about 4k but some companies are ready for deals that let them keep your moulds, when you want to take them to other companies afterwards they might charge you a lot more.IN other words, if you have relationship with factory and you know people... you can have it done cheaper.
NECA cashed over 1 million $ in 3 minutes during 3 days of presales.There was absolutely no risk here.Im surprised they didnt do more.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:49 PM   #1508
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
NECA might be prohibited from using parts from other figures by the terms of the contract - for example, Hasbro can't share any parts or toolings between their Marvel lines and Star Wars lines. They can, however use parts made for GI Joe on other lines, as that's wholly owned by them.
I hadn't thought of it like that. But your probably right.

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:29 AM   #1509
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

If we're not getting a Casey, I'll probably just light customize a Rambo figure.

Although, who owns the rights to the Commando movie, is it the same guys owning Predator? I'm fairly certain John Matrix is mostly a Dutch figure, it's the same actor but different characters and movies.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:49 AM   #1510
nilocomic
New Recruit

Has anyone gotten their replacement heads for the SDCC Turtles that had skewed eyes yet?
nilocomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:37 PM   #1511
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Standard Diorama is up for Pre-order at Bigbadtoystore.com. I wish they had kept the backdrop as a night scene. But other than that looks cool.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:25 AM   #1512
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

It looks good but just weird in my opinion, like a generic knock off.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 03:07 PM   #1513
inaheap
Mad Scientist

I'm thinking they left it a little bland to allow people to put on their own personal touches. I could see customisers doing this up nice. I hope it does well so that we might see more dios.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:13 PM   #1514
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
It looks good but just weird in my opinion, like a generic knock off.
To me it looks like it's made for day-time toy photography while the sdcc set fits more for night-time photos
Old 11-01-2018, 07:20 AM   #1515
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Do Aliens and Predators just walk around in broad daylight?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:09 AM   #1516
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Do Aliens and Predators just walk around in broad daylight?
Predator killed a lot during the day in the first movie.

rip Billy
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:15 AM   #1517
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post

rip Billy
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:30 AM   #1518
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post

rip Billy
Predator is actually in the diorama, but has the cloaking device activated. NECA and their awesome details!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:04 PM   #1519
Panther10
Hench Mutant

This generic diorama should come with alternate backdrops for us to swap out. That way we can switch between the animated look, comic book and film
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #1520
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilocomic View Post
Has anyone gotten their replacement heads for the SDCC Turtles that had skewed eyes yet?
I just received my replacement head today.
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote