The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

New idea of an interesting topic

You think it was a scandal when Ben Johnson ran around the stadiums, winning competitions and medals using doping? Wait until you've heard of this:

*The Internet is lacking of an fiction based on the 1987 TMNT cartoon. Almost every story is set in the 2003 universe and soon we have already more stories set in the 2012 universe than the 1987 one (and I especially like the 2012 show, but let's not forgret the 1987 one, and even "Same As It Never Was", one single episode in the 2003 show). There is much on the talk forums about the 1987 show, not not fan fiction.

Because of that, my idea is to start a fan fiction contest (don't care if it's piblished here or Fan Fiction net) for TMNT fan fiction set in the 1987 cartoon show. Winning would just be an honour, but hopefully, a great honour.

Stories shall be created to re-create she feeling of the show many of us loved as kids. When I read good TMNT fan fiction I like, I make up the images in my mind, and it feels almost like a new episode. And when it's also based on the 1987 show, I (and a lof of other guys and girls) feel like as kids again.

I've seen some stories based on the show, but using an adult tone that I dislike (Donatello have sex with Irma, MPREG and other stuff). I don't want the show to grow up like that, it works nice with Donatello saying Irma's cute, Irma having a date with a guy and such stuff. But sex stories should not be allowed. Sorry, but that's "Sex and the Sewer", not TMNT.

The same with using hyperviolence (which doesn't make me that mad, but I think it's better to use other TMNT universes to tell more brutal stories).

Creating new characters can sometimes be good, but I don't want some "Adoptive daughter" to hang around with the TMNT all time, story after story. If new characters are to be created, they are to be introduced during the storyline, and not just be there from the start without explanation.

I'm not going to hold in this myself, but I want someone (who knows more on how websites are ran) to listen, be inspired and take it up.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 02-04-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Well...I am writing a 1987 TMNT fanfiction story and its about 20-25% complete (60,000 words so far) but I don't want to start posting the story just yet. It'll definitely take some more months (started since late September) but I'm trying to make the story much more introspective with the TMNT characters so there's more depth to them and the story.

Don't worry it won't have "adult" material. I know what you mean as it being a "turn off" to the tone of the story. The biggest difficulty is balancing the action/fighting, drama, and comedy without it being too serious/heavy or too light/silly.

Sorry, but I really don't want to give too much away. I just decided to reply because I am ambitious toward it and there's at least...one (only one??)...person in this forum that's working on it. It will take time (an understatement)...but I rather have it done well than rushed and slopped together.

...Sorry, but I don't want to give the summary/plot either.

I'll eventually post it on Fanfiction.net
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Archieverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Well...I am writing a 1987 TMNT fanfiction story and its about 20-25% complete (60,000 words so far) but I don't want to start posting the story just yet. It'll definitely take some more months (started since late September) but I'm trying to make the story much more introspective with the TMNT characters so there's more depth to them and the story.

Don't worry it won't have "adult" material. I know what you mean as it being a "turn off" to the tone of the story. The biggest difficulty is balancing the action/fighting, drama, and comedy without it being too serious/heavy or too light/silly.

Sorry, but I really don't want to give too much away. I just decided to reply because I am ambitious toward it and there's at least...one (only one??)...person in this forum that's working on it. It will take time (an understatement)...but I rather have it done well than rushed and slopped together.

...Sorry, but I don't want to give the summary/plot either.

I'll eventually post it on Fanfiction.net
Yeah, but there is also darker and sillier stories in the 1987 show. The comedy was always there, but don't existentialist works like "Splinter No More" and "Shredderville" are not to compare with "Cowabunga Shredhead!".

Also, we had the darker Archieverse, which was it's own, but still kid-friendly. Archie-dark and Mirage-dark is not the same.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1987, contest, fanfiction, scandal, tone