The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you glad Viacom/Nick bought TMNT?
I'm glad they did 40 52.63%
I'm glad NOW they did, but I wasn't beforehand 8 10.53%
No, not glad 12 15.79%
I was glad at first, now I'm not glad 13 17.11%
It is INFURIATING! 3 3.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #41
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I’m indifferent to the whole thing, to be honest, but I guess I’m glad that there was some tmnt made for a new generation.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:30 PM   #42
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I wish they could just let older series rest in peace, or at least not mess up everything even more.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:53 PM   #43
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Intellectual property. It's just a complicated way of saying "series".
I miss the days when people just liked stuff without having to talk about it like they're a part of the industry just because they have the internet and have heard people who actually are part of the industry talk about it so much they started parroting how they hear them talk.

Everyone is a Chairman CEO on the internet and the few "trendsetters" are looked up to as if they knew a damn thing about the industries they talk about which some do have an idea but it's also a more complicated than that.

Quote:
z
humannracoon

Last edited by sdp; 02-03-2018 at 08:59 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:10 PM   #44
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I picked the second one. At first thought it was kinda pointless. I still don’t think it was necessary. TMNT would not have struggled to exist after 4kids. It was well established and mainstream again.

Still I think it’s good Nick owns it if they absolutely wanted to sell it. They’re a strong company that will keep it relevant.

2012 was not my favorite but I enjoyed it. The PD movies were not very good but oh well. Like mentioned that wasn’t Nicks fault. I’m excited for Rise.

Some will say they’re just “Big Corporation” who doesn’t really care but that’s unfair. Everything has its own team behind it.

I think there is a chance Nick would allow a more grownup set of movies. Not R material but something along the lines older fans would like.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:58 AM   #45
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Some will say they’re just “Big Corporation” who doesn’t really care but that’s unfair.
People always say that.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:23 AM   #46
KillCrites
Thug

I've adored ALMOST everything that's come out of the franchise since Nick bought TMNT, the exceptions being the 2 PD movies

So yeah, I'm very glad Nick bought TMNT
KillCrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:51 AM   #47
Overlord

I recall first being afraid Nickelodeon would just buy TMNT, complete DVD-releases of the MWS and 4 Kids series and not create anything new.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:13 PM   #48
ABrown
Banned

After today's post on their TMNT social media sites: "When this came on your TV, you knew the best cartoon EVER was about to begin #TMNT 📺🐢 #TBT" (https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/962732982749581312), it's still clear that eight years later, their obsession with the original cartoon is strong as ever.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #49
Powder
So tired of this place

They're just catering to the largest demographic. How could you blame them when that's where the money's at? Their page has gotten SO much hate lately for the Rise posts, this is probably a move to keep casuals from "unliking" it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
After today's post on their TMNT social media sites: "When this came on your TV, you knew the best cartoon EVER was about to begin #TMNT 📺🐢 #TBT" (https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/962732982749581312), it's still clear that eight years later, their obsession with the original cartoon is strong as ever.
I've said before, the guy who runs that twitter is probably a 20 something year old intern, not a big-wig at Nick. He reblogs lots of 2k3 stuff, meme images, and talks to all the young teenagers at there.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:51 AM   #51
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Of course, the 4 Kids series didn't air when of when the original series began.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #52
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That would have happened anyway, and actually more cost-efficiently. Dark Horse and Mike Richardson was already angling around Peter at the time of the sale, looking to put out omnibuses of... everything, and split the profits with Mirage 50/50. Probably would have gone through if there was no sale to Viacom/Nick.
Wow, where did you get that from? Got a source? This could have been really good. I imagine longer and more careful bonus content..although the ultimate Collections annotations were at times amusing, interesting and memorable in my oppinion...
Old 02-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #53
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
Wow, where did you get that from? Got a source? This could have been really good. I imagine longer and more careful bonus content..although the ultimate Collections annotations were at times amusing, interesting and memorable in my oppinion...
The Ultimate Editions are pretty darn good, but Dark Horse does some really nice Hellboy Library Editions. I wonder if TMNT would have gotten that treatment. If so, that'd be great, but I've had other Dark Horse volumes that fall apart pretty easily, so it depends on which route they would have taken.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #54
CyberCubed
Overlord

I do sometimes wonder what the comics would be like if Dark Horse got the license and not IDW. I get the feeling a new Dark Horse series would have been based on Mirage TMNT, whereas IDW decided to go full multi-universe with their series and it started off very 80's TMNT inspired and then later on added more Mirage/4kids/Archie stuff.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #55
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I do sometimes wonder what the comics would be like if Dark Horse got the license and not IDW. I get the feeling a new Dark Horse series would have been based on Mirage TMNT, whereas IDW decided to go full multi-universe with their series and it started off very 80's TMNT inspired and then later on added more Mirage/4kids/Archie stuff.
The TMNT's origin was far awat from the MWS and Archie series. But IDW does a good job combining the best elements from earlier series, something we could only dream of before October 2009 (because of legal issues and tensions between Mirage Studios and MWS).
Old 02-13-2018, 01:53 PM   #56
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
But IDW does a good job combining the best elements from earlier series, something we could only dream of before October 2009
I don't think "dream" is the word I'd use. Probably one closer to "nightmare."

Quote:
(because of legal issues and tensions between Mirage Studios and MWS).
If there was, that had nothing to do with why Laird didn't want anything to do with MWS stuff.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #57
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't think "dream" is the word I'd use. Probably one closer to "nightmare."

If there was, that had nothing to do with why Laird didn't want anything to do with MWS stuff.
Honest question do you like any TMNT incarnation besides the Mirage one.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:57 PM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I have some nostalgic love for much of the Archie series. I like about... 70% of the first movie. 25% of the fourth one. I liked the first 6 issues of IDW. I like the first NES game. Turtles Forever was a lot of fun.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-13-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:19 PM   #59
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Mirage fans seem to mostly be bitter about everything else that follows and nothing will make them happy at this point.

I can understand why, but it seems fans of tmnt after mirage are more willing to except MOST changes more than mirage fans.

although there is limits to even us nu fans as to what we'll accept. and we can generally all agree to hate on PD and NT TNM .

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:05 PM   #60
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Intellectual property. It's just a complicated way of saying "series".
Series? IP refers to just that, a created property. Apologies for being pedantic.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plastron goes quiet