The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-24-2019, 09:44 PM   #101
Leo656
The Franchise

I remember reading the solicitations, and I went to my comic book store to tell the owner to definitely throw it in my pull-box. He literally laughed and said, "Sure, yeah, THAT's gonna come out one day."

To be fair, nobody at all was buying the Mirage TMNT books that were coming out at the time so the guy was probably a little bit bitter and jaded about the TMNT brand. For better or worse, he did end up being right, though.

Fan-completed version or no, it'll be neat to finally see some version of it after all the hubbub over the years.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:31 AM   #102
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think it's OK for me to tell you that the new pages coming in -- and they are coming in -- from Chris Allan are really awesome looking. It's crazy cool to see him pick up right where he left off without missing a beat, drawing characters (I'm not talking about the Turtles, obviously he partook in Tales V2) he hasn't drawn anywhere in 20 years.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:59 AM   #103
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think it's OK for me to tell you that the new pages coming in -- and they are coming in -- from Chris Allan are really awesome looking. It's crazy cool to see him pick up right where he left off without missing a beat, drawing characters (I'm not talking about the Turtles, obviously he partook in Tales V2) he hasn't drawn anywhere in 20 years.
This is the thing that cemented support from me. I’ve been a fan of Chris Allan since I was a kid. I’ve contacted him personally over the years to do an occasional commission. When the announcement came from Arseniy I was immediately on board. There are people holding off on this thinking Viacom or IDW might do an official publication of this, but I’m not so sure. Even if they do, I’m even less confident of the involvement of Allan or Murphy. I feel like giving support to this might be our last real shot at seeing Forever War with the ideal creative lineup.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:30 PM   #104
LUIS
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Alukard View Post
Looks like it's the final sneak peek for the Forever War Chapter One, guys!
Everyone who already supported the project and helped to finally make that story true, will get Chapter One in digital form in exactly one week. Stay tuned!

http://www.turtlemania.ru/projects/t...nal_teaser.jpg
Nice, glad I support this.
LUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:27 PM   #105
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
This is the thing that cemented support from me. I’ve been a fan of Chris Allan since I was a kid. I’ve contacted him personally over the years to do an occasional commission. When the announcement came from Arseniy I was immediately on board. There are people holding off on this thinking Viacom or IDW might do an official publication of this, but I’m not so sure. Even if they do, I’m even less confident of the involvement of Allan or Murphy. I feel like giving support to this might be our last real shot at seeing Forever War with the ideal creative lineup.
And even if an official conclusion did happen some day, my money would have been well spent on numerous new issues (chapters) of artwork pencilled by Chris Allan. As a fan of his, it’s a win-win!
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:12 AM   #106
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
And even if an official conclusion did happen some day
I wouldn't rule it out but... Steve Murphy did indicate that he really, really wouldn't want to revisit this -- or anything TMNT -- at any point in time. And it's somewhat unlikely an "official" Forever War would ever be sought without him.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:48 PM   #107
LUIS
Random Punk

Quote:
I wouldn't rule it out but... Steve Murphy did indicate that he really, really wouldn't want to revisit this -- or anything TMNT -- at any point in time. And it's somewhat unlikely an "official" Forever War would ever be sought without him.
Didn't Bobby wrote about wanting to make forever war in the second christmas issue? Also when did Murphy said that? Was it after joining this project?
LUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:24 AM   #108
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Also when did Murphy said that? Was it after joining this project?
Maybe 2 months ago.

*edit: to be clear, it wasn't a reflection on this project, it was a summation of all experiences he's ever had working on TMNT in a professional capacity. He was very clear about that. Without getting into any details.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 05-31-2019 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:59 AM   #109
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUIS View Post
Didn't Bobby wrote about wanting to make forever war in the second christmas issue?
If IDW wants to do it, what's stopping them? They've had the license for years and haven't tapped into it yet.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:36 AM   #110
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Hey... June 1st is tomorrow! (And even sooner in Russia!)

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:07 PM   #111
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Hey... June 1st is tomorrow! (And even sooner in Russia!)
We're going to have a spoiler discussion thread, right? I'm gonna want to talk after reading it I'm sure.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:18 PM   #112
funatic
Mad Scientist

I feel like I’m going to need to reread a serious chunk of Archie to prep for this. It’s been 10 years since I’ve read any TMNTA. Does anyone on the project have key issues they recommend revisiting in advance?
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:30 PM   #113
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
I feel like I’m going to need to reread a serious chunk of Archie to prep for this. It’s been 10 years since I’ve read any TMNTA. Does anyone on the project have key issues they recommend revisiting in advance?
The pre-#5 stuff. Future Shark trilogy. The Cyber Samurai issues.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:57 PM   #114
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The pre-#5 stuff. Future Shark trilogy. The Cyber Samurai issues.
Cool thx Andrew!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:24 AM   #115
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Today is the day!!!!
Old 06-01-2019, 01:56 PM   #116
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Hey, friends!

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who support the project, that means a lot! As a small gift for your patient and such preliminary involvment, I've sent digital copy of the Chapter One to everyone who supported Forever War so far!

I've used your Paypal-attached email adresses, so please check it! If you didn't find the letter from me inbox or in the junk folder, please let me know and we'll resolve the problem!

Also by popular demand each chapter going to be printed separatelly in a single form when they're ready. TMNT Adventures #73-77, just 200 hand-numbered copies each, high quality printing, thick gloss paper.

Feel free to write me and discuss any details.
Issue #73 going be printed in ten days or so.

Full supporters list will be prited in EACH editions, from singles to hardcover.

Stay tuned!
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 03:29 PM   #117
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Alukard View Post
Hey, friends!

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who support the project, that means a lot! As a small gift for your patient and such preliminary involvment, I've sent digital copy of the Chapter One to everyone who supported Forever War so far!

http://www.turtlemania.ru/projects/t...TA73_cover.jpg http://www.turtlemania.ru/projects/t...A73_rcover.jpg

I've used your Paypal-attached email adresses, so please check it! If you didn't find the letter from me inbox or in the junk folder, please let me know and we'll resolve the problem!

Also by popular demand each chapter going to be printed separatelly in a single form when they're ready. TMNT Adventures #73-77, just 200 hand-numbered copies each, high quality printing, thick gloss paper.

Feel free to write me and discuss any details.
Issue #73 going be printed in ten days or so.

Full supporters list will be prited in EACH editions, from singles to hardcover.

Stay tuned!
How do we get a digital copy of this?
Old 06-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #118
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
How do we get a digital copy of this?
Email him to support the project.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:37 AM   #119
pferreira
Foot Elite

I am going to go out on a limb and say I bet the printing quality for this is better than the IDW reprints.

Maybe this has already been answered but how did the guys behind this get around the Nickelodeon/IDW rights? I mean to sell something with the TMNT characters they obviously needed to get around the legal issues involved.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 04:26 PM   #120
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I am going to go out on a limb and say I bet the printing quality for this is better than the IDW reprints.

Maybe this has already been answered but how did the guys behind this get around the Nickelodeon/IDW rights? I mean to sell something with the TMNT characters they obviously needed to get around the legal issues involved.
At the moment it's totally unofficial non profit fan-project.
Yes, there is legal issues about brand and character's rights, but you'll never find this book in the comics shops.

How do you think, is it legal to pay artists for the comissions with any (not your own original) characters? To pay Jim Lawson or Chris Allan or someone else? This is what we are doing, technically.

Last edited by Demon-Alukard; 06-03-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forever war, never say never