The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-16-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
Creativecreature31
Thug

Should Donnie just move on from April?

Seriously. .. I Love Donnie as a character but does anyone else feel as if he's a much better character whenever April ISN'T around?

Likewise I actually find April a lot cooler whenever she's not with Donnie. ..

Should they both just be independent characters who don't need each other to develop?

Opinions anyone?
Creativecreature31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #2
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

yes, I do like April and Donnie more when they aren't glued together, and yes I would like them to be more independent.

I'd like for April to be the big sister to ALL the turtles....and for Donnie to not have to think about her so much or at least make the crush more subtle like in 2003.

I'm hoping he moves on soon.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:25 PM   #3
Creativecreature31
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
yes, I do like April and Donnie more when they aren't glued together, and yes I would like them to be more independent.

I'd like for April to be the big sister to ALL the turtles....and for Donnie to not have to think about her so much or at least make the crush more subtle like in 2003.

EXACTLY what I'm saying!
Old 03-16-2014, 09:25 PM   #4
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Yes this is the only issue I have with this show. It was funny during the first season but now it's old and he's getting worse. He's a stalker. He's such a better character when he's not creeping on April. But it seem after the Manhattan Project that it looks clear that April has chosen Casey.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #5
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Donnie moves on to April? Oh yes please do.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:

Yes, if they plan to make April and Casey a couple, I hope it happens soon. It will be really saddening to see Don hurt by this but this is the only way it won't hinder his character. I used to like the idea of April being a teenager as it makes her more active but now that I see what it is doing, my view of it has changed. To me, 2003 April is my favorite incarnation because she is more caring and a true big sister to the turtles. She was the "Oracle" of the group.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:41 PM   #7
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Yes, if they plan to make April and Casey a couple, I hope it happens soon. It will be really saddening to see Don hurt by this but this is the only way it won't hinder his character. I used to like the idea of April being a teenager as it makes her more active but now that I see what it is doing, my view of it has changed. To me, 2003 April is my favorite incarnation because she is more caring and a true big sister to the turtles. She was the "Oracle" of the group.
caring 2003 April all the way~ I miss her.

no love triangles....just April trying to be there for the guys~ ^_^
Old 03-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #8
Creativecreature31
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

http://i.imgur.com/dVS1pY5.jpg
I don't like this pairing but I have to admit this artwork is BEAUTIFUL!
Old 03-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #9
Warhorse
Emperor

Uh, I find him to be even more badass when April is around. And it's not he who should move from April, but April should move more towards him. Oh come on April, play Roxette's "Listen to Your Heart", it matches you and Donnie to a T.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:14 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's probably going to end by this seasons end. Casey and Don settled their rivalry, April seems into Casey, and it'll probably be accepted soon
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #11
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

As obnoxious as his crush on April can be, it's also been shown that he's willing to go the distance for her. That being a given, I think it would be extremely wrong of them to stick her with Casey just because they don't want to offend people. I think if the two of them did become a couple, it would actually be a good way to end Donnie constantly obsessing about getting her to like him, because once that is a given, he can move on.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:11 AM   #12
Shark_Blade
Emperor

They started Donnie's crush in the very first episode of the series, it won't end anytime soon. I see it being carried forward in the long run. Like any series/trilogies, it'll probably reach a (favorable ) conclusion in the end.

Not to mention there's tonnes of references/hints by Nick themselves, they aren't gonna sink that ship down, no siree!:

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:53 AM   #13
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Maybe he will finally relent and accept Casey is a better fit for her... but I don't think the show will ever remove his feelings for her, it will be brought up now and then. It's a fundamental part of his character now. The only way I can see them not mentioning it again is if he finds a new love interest.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:09 AM   #14
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:03 AM   #15
victory_angel
Foot Elite

April loves both of them that is true. I mean so far April enjoys Casey because she's a human friend she can commiserate with about the Turtles. And Donnie because he's her best friend among the Turtles.

She knows both of them like her, and she loves both of them in return. The two times Casey has supposedly been killed or put in a situation he's not likely to survive, April had jumped into Donnie's arms seeking comfort for her grief. But that means if something similar happened to Donnie, wouldn't April automatically rush into Casey's arms and cry in misery.

The best way in my book is she doesn't marry either of them and instead choose to be a wife in common law to both.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:52 AM   #16
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
This. This this this this this. I don't mind the love triangle but they need to expand on April a little more before they do anything serious.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:06 AM   #17
Lou 500
Hench Mutant

I really think Donnie should. April won't be the only girl he encounters in his life I'm sure - having said that though, perhaps he clings on to April because he fears she will be the only human he'll ever really know. Having lived in the sewers away from people most of his life it seems apparent that he doesn't really know of personal boundaries hence the creepy stalker he's turned into; it's really become quite unsavory and not cute.

Quote:
That crush must've been really subtle because I didn't even know Donnie crushed on April in that show.
Lou 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:02 AM   #18
kolaida
Foot Soldier

Quote:

http://i.imgur.com/dVS1pY5.jpg
Very pretty, I like April's hairpiece and outfit!

I'm sure they'll resolve it one way or the other. Right now, it definitely looks like April is more into Casey that way than Donnie. Of course, this could change later, they still have a few seasons to go.
kolaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:52 AM   #19
JTH
"ME"

As of right now, why would Donnie move on and give up when it's clear that April still shows affection for him?
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #20
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
They started Donnie's crush in the very first episode of the series, it won't end anytime soon. I see it being carried forward in the long run. Like any series/trilogies, it'll probably reach a (favorable ) conclusion in the end.

http://i.imgur.com/q3IcTuq.gif

Not to mention there's tonnes of references/hints by Nick themselves, they aren't gonna sink that ship down, no siree!:

http://i.imgur.com/mvmgzs8.png

http://i.imgur.com/tk0zf3n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/l3UMcMu.jpg
Ummm, I'm pretty sure the people who vote on the Nick site are just young kids.

On a side note: I'm still a little bitter at Nick for replacing the official website and turning it into another cartoon section for their website.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
april o'neil, donatello