The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 12-21-2021, 09:39 PM   #1581
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Finished reading the Crisis on Infinite Earth's Paperback. Man what a fantastic comic. Its literally a DC Comics Orgasm literally everyone is in that comic book. I see why this comic is beloved so much great **** happens in IE the debut of Wally West as the new Flash etc.

Old 12-21-2021, 10:13 PM   #1582
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Just got done with issue 3 of Vaults Vampire the Masquerade: Crimson Thaw comic. Pretty good if you are a fan of the World of Darkness TTRPG. I am disappointed they didnt really include any new mechanics like they did in the last series.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 09:43 PM   #1583
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I finished reading the first 4 issues of Ram V's The Swamp Thing. Its a good story. Its a new Swamp Thing Levi Kamei not Alec Holland. The artwork by Mike Perkins is really good.

Can't wait for the second graphic novel
Old 02-03-2022, 09:46 PM   #1584
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Just finished Maus....you all know why.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 06:51 PM   #1585
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Smack Dab in the Middle of Maybe

Nice hardback novel, technically targeted for the 8 to 12 range, but an enjoyable easy read for an adult, too. (And short chapters for those of us that aren't fast readers, or reading to a kid, so it provides easy stopping points.) Been a long while since I've actually read a novel and figured this one that sounded like a gem might be a good easy one to try to get back into reading now and then.

4.6 stars on Amazon, 5 stars some other places... and yet I found it at Dollar Tree for just a buck. (Okay $1.25.)

Quote:
Eleven days. Thirteen clues. And one kid who won't give up. Smack Dab in the Middle of Maybe is "part treasure hunt, part wilderness adventure, and all heart."--Alan Gratz, New York Times Bestselling author of Refugee

How far would you go to find something that might not even exist?

All her life, Cricket's mama has told her stories about a secret room painted by a mysterious artist. Now Mama's run off, and Cricket thinks the room might be the answer to getting her to come back. If it exists. And if she can find it.

Cricket's only clue is a coin from a grown-over ghost town in the woods. So with her daddy's old guidebook and a coat full of snacks stolen from the Cash 'n' Carry, Cricket runs away to find the room. Surviving in the woods isn't easy. While Cricket camps out in an old tree house and looks for clues, she meets the last resident of the ghost town, encounters a poetry-loving dog (who just might hold a key to part of the puzzle), and discovers that sometimes you have to get a little lost . . . to really find your way.
Not quite sure how far it's going to go into it, still have about a quarter of it left, but seems to touch on the issue of mental illness (of the girl's mother).

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-14-2022 at 07:00 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:05 AM   #1586
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I've started reading the Star Wars Kenobi novel. I bought it a few years ago and just hadn't gotten around to actually reading it until now.
It's been years since I read Kenobi. Miller does some interesting stuff with Jabba's ilk if memory serves. I should probably dust that one off and give it a second read, come to think of it. Well, it's digital, so forget the dusting.
Old 08-24-2022, 09:02 PM   #1587
serpentnight
Random Punk

Finally got around to getting the full Planet Racers by Peter Laird and Jim Lawson. Five issues in so far; say it was a good investment.
serpentnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 01:24 AM   #1588
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Currently trying to finish Eldest. I'm about midway through the book.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 09:55 PM   #1589
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I just finshed reading my Marvel Omnibus Dr Strange By Jason Aaron. It was a good read interesting story of what happens if all the magic is destroyed and how that affects the magic users like Dr Strange
Old 04-10-2023, 09:58 PM   #1590
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Finished Ram V's run on Swamp Thing. It was fantastic. I loved that it was a new avatar of the green Levi Kamai taking over as Swampy. It was very philosophical as well. The art by Mike Perkins is gorgeous. I put Ram V's Swampy second to Alan Moore's run

Also this year so far I finished Jane Foster Valkyrie graphic novel and Ronnie James Dio's autobiography
Old 07-10-2023, 02:37 PM   #1591
Dpooly84
Banned

This hoe has Roaches by Quan Millz. If you're not familiar with his work, try it out. Quan Millz is the Hemingway of the hood, the voice of his generation even.
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 10:16 PM   #1592
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I just finished Kitchen Confidential. The Memoir of the late Chef Anthony Bourdain. It was a fantastic read. I like how it wasn't a tradindional memoir. It talked a lot about restaurant/cooking stuff and his life. I will be picking up the sequel Medium Raw shortly
Old 09-20-2023, 01:27 PM   #1593
Wednesday's Serial
Thug

I just started Usagi Yojimbo.

It's freakin' great.
Wednesday's Serial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 09:59 PM   #1594
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I just finished The Last Ronin and I loved it. I see why it's considered one of the better modern TMNT books. I loved how they made Mikey Mature for a change. I love Mikey but hate how he is always stuck with the surfer party guy gimmick. Also appreciated how they showed us how each of the other bros Splinter and Casey got killed. Loved Oroku Horito's T1000 Armor that was cool The storyline was great and I can't wait to see what the sequel books bring
Old 10-05-2023, 10:32 PM   #1595
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

I went to a comic book convention recently and picked up some graphic novels and trades for myself and my wife. I'm currently reading one I picked for her called, "Harrow County" by Cullen Bunn and Tyler Crook, published by Dark Horse. It's a witchcraft story so it's perfect for the season.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 09:41 PM   #1596
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Just finished Patrick Stewart's Memoir Making It So. It was a great read. loved reading about his growing up and getting in to the Theater. His Star Trek/X-men chapters were great too
Old 01-18-2024, 09:25 PM   #1597
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I just finished Opposable Thumbs How Siskel and Ebert Changed Movies Forever. It was a fantastic read on the History of Siskel and Ebert. It covered all the shows they did, Stuff in their lives a quick backstory on them both. I grew up watching Siskel and Ebert so I had to read it. I recommend this to any movie fan.
Old 01-18-2024, 11:04 PM   #1598
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Decided to get back into Stephen King a bit with Just After Sunset. I saw it in a grocery store of all places and found that it was a collection of short stories I've never read before. I'm about halfway through it and I think it's a good way to get my toes back into his particular waters. The first story, "Willa," feels like something out of The Twilight Zone and "Rest Stop" has a Dark Half vibe to it (even mentions the main character). The piece I'm currently on, "Stationary Bike," references a local town I know. So far, so good.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 01:17 PM   #1599
ResidentEvil7
Foot Soldier

Before last March, you couldn't get me to pick up a book, unless if it was Resident Evil or Conan, but now I can't get enough of non-fiction books on Japanese culture, history, and Bushio (The Way Of The Warrior). I'm also researching technology from my background: computer repair/build and 4K home theater.

I got a Samsung tablet this past Christmas and I mainly borrow books from my local library if a physical copy isn't available. The only thing that sucks about the app (Hoopla) is that I can only rent up to 10 books in a month.
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote