The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 08-24-2005, 02:37 PM   #61
NeoBix
Stone Warrior

This definitely sucks. They should keep the oldschool Turtles in Time music, but what did you expect? They already butchered the music in the original turtles arcade game when they put it in Battle Nexus.

They're just idiots. That's all I can say about it.

"Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative." —Billy Loomis (Skeet Ulrich) from the movie "Scream"
NeoBix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:07 AM   #62
lilonardo
Hench Mutant

Did Konami modify the original TMNT arcade game too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfog
since everybody here's being telling how butched the port was, I totally gave up on TMNT2
lilonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:45 AM   #63
Ryona

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonardo
What have Playmates done wrong?
Practicly all the action figures of the new series are awful in sculpture. I think the biggest problem is how ****ed up the TMNT heads are. The original TMNT are fine and the toddler TMNT are fine too, but the rest of them have misshapen heads. >.<

Quote:
3rd Mario bro, ask Konami if they can give us the original Turtles in time instead of a modded one!
That's what he's trying to do. That's what this whole thread is about.

Please read posts carefully so you know what's going on.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:28 PM   #64
NeoBix
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Did Konami modify the original TMNT arcade game too?
Yeah they did. The one that is unlockable in Battle Nexus. As far as I know all they modified in it was the music and the sound effects, but it really made all of us oldschool TMNT fans upset.

"Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative." —Billy Loomis (Skeet Ulrich) from the movie "Scream"
Old 08-26-2005, 11:08 AM   #65
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned

Quote:
That's a good postive way to look at it. But the point everyone is trying to make is. What's the point of having it in there if your not going to play it. Their just spending wasted time on something no ones going to bother unlocking if they know it's going to be a destroyed version of their beloved Turtles In Time.
Well how do you really know it's gonna be that bad. Maybe it's only gonna be the music and sounds that will be altered afterall. And while those things do matter sometimes, they don't change how the game plays. The first arcade game was still fun to play, I'm this will be too. This is just like all those people looking down on the Gamecube because it didn't play dvds, it didn't have online capibility, and it's substational lack of M rated games.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:15 AM   #66
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwgtrunks
The new game is going to play like utter crap. Why? Because Konami doesn't understand what made the originals so much fun.

As I tried pointing out, if they would try to LEARN from TiT instead of altering it, just *maybe* TMNT3 would sell better. That's the point. Don't waste your freaking time updating a game that doesn't need it, worry about your current products and how to make them just as good as the past ones.
How do you know how it's gonna play? The game isn't do out for another few months. In case you haven't noticed the new series is diffrent from the old. So naturally, the games should be diffrent. But then again, the games formula have stayed the same. Basically theyr'e both beat-em ups. It's just that the new games are trying to incorporate more elements. Really, the biggest thing the old games have going for them is the nostalgic factor.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:04 PM   #67
lilonardo
Hench Mutant

I believe he is asking "what should I say to Konami? " . I was answering his question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryona
asking konami to include the original "Turtles in time" game is what he's trying to do

Last edited by lilonardo; 08-27-2005 at 08:25 AM.
lilonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:48 PM   #68
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
How do you know how it's gonna play? The game isn't do out for another few months. In case you haven't noticed the new series is diffrent from the old. So naturally, the games should be diffrent. But then again, the games formula have stayed the same. Basically theyr'e both beat-em ups. It's just that the new games are trying to incorporate more elements. Really, the biggest thing the old games have going for them is the nostalgic factor.

Sad thing is, He's true

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 05:58 AM   #69
Ra
It's my desire?

I really hope they try to actually WORK on the game this time, but I wouldn't hold my breath. They just got wind down at Konami about the Tamogochi's down at Wal-Mart

Seriously, I personaly think all they do when they're supposed to be working on the game is play in with slinkies. They just even give a c*** about us, the fans

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:55 PM   #70
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

A slinky mini-game! GENIUS!

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:58 AM   #71
Ferneu
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Really, the biggest thing the old games have going for them is the nostalgic factor.
Yeah!!! And I really think Konami is underestimating how powerfull that
factor really is.

Perhaps they should take a look on what Nintendo has done with SNES's
Super Mario All Stars and learn a thing or two on how these kind of stuff
should be done.
Ferneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 05:59 PM   #72
NeoBix
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra
I really hope they try to actually WORK on the game this time, but I wouldn't hold my breath. They just got wind down at Konami about the Tamogochi's down at Wal-Mart

Seriously, I personaly think all they do when they're supposed to be working on the game is play in with slinkies. They just even give a c*** about us, the fans
lol as funny as that is Ra it is probably true. It's so sad that they can't just listen to their fans for a change. they would sell a lot more of their games I bet.

maybe someone should go into Konami headquarters and steal all of their slinkies so they can get back to work and maybe even listen to us about how to make their games lol.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:28 PM   #73
Raphael29
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro
Yeah, I never post in here do I

I've seen some official videos of the game (sorry, can't post them), and I can say for certain that the Turtles in Time game in TMNT:3 coming up is a recompiled version and NOT the original.

They have placed in more enemies, and replaced the Pizza Power song with the sh*t theme from the new series. It is possible that more changes will be made before release (possibly even character designs)

I am a video game purist, and to me, fu*king with what I consider history's greatest brawler is evil. Don't get me wrong, I love the new series with a passion, and I believe it should have video games based off of it, but Turtles in Time is based off the old TMNT, and it should stay that way. If the recompile was to make it perform better, I'd be fine with it. But they're screwing with it for the modern audience and covering up the old day's existence. This is wrong IMO, and frankly, I'm mad over it. If they didn't listen to fans, the original TMNT arcade game wouldn't have been in the last game.
What the F*ck? That's just F*cking wrong, leave the game the way it was, they got George Lucas back their or something? It's part of mine (and many others) childhood and shouldn't be updated for today's audience. Besides why shouldn't todays kids play the game the way we played it? They should be able to experience what we experienced the first time we played it, and not some tampered with piece of Sh*t.

Raphael29
Raphael29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:07 AM   #74
Silent FOx
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon X
Im glad I still got the SNES version.
Same here, best $4 I ever spent.

Silent FOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:55 AM   #75
NeoBix
Stone Warrior

This really angers me. I can't believe they would do this crap, but then again they ruined the original in Battle Nexus with that crap music.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #76
pwnage
Foot Soldier

Look fools, you aren't buying that game for the classics are you? Hell no, why would you do that when you can just download an emulator and a rom for and get an accurate complation of the orignal game? Sure, it was pretty bad of Konami to do this, (Well, THEY made Turtles In Time.) but I'm not buying the game for Turtles in Time.

That would simply be a waste of my hard-earned cash. I really don't care about this, I wouldnt whine because instead of dropping $50 on a game with an altered version, I can just get a rom or a SNES for free or cheap, respectivley.

It's not like Konami threw all the existence of Turtles In Time into an oblivion and replaced it with this. Calm down.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #77
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnage
why would you do that when you can just download an emulator and a rom for and get an accurate complation of the orignal game? .

ok, A: Its the arcade port you can play on your favorite platform
B: you can't play 4 players on a computer,(you can but its cheaper to buy it for a system for the 4 player action)
C: if you have a GC or slim PS2, its not that hard to pack up n take to a friends house or in car and play instead of having to pack up your computer and take it.
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine

Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #78
pwnage
Foot Soldier

A: Consoles are overrated
B: I bet there is a 4 player rom
C: You dont have to pack anything. Ever hear of the internet?
Old 01-16-2006, 06:19 PM   #79
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnage
A: Consoles are overrated
B: I bet there is a 4 player rom
C: You dont have to pack anything. Ever hear of the internet?

A: not really
B: highly doubtfull
C: but what if you wanna play it in your car and dont have a laptop? or your friend has dial-up or no internet?
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine

Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #80
pwnage
Foot Soldier

A: YA RLY. Consoles are lame. I can play any console game that I need to simply with a converter and an emulator. Easy.
B: If there isn't one, I'm sure it isnt hard to make one, considering the arcade coding is already written for mulitplayer.
C: Burn the rom to a disc that the PS2 will read. Rom's arent that big, and you can burn the game to a disc. Or you can just buy a SNES, which arent that big in size.

ALSO since you're complaining about Konami screwing with Turtles in Time, last time I checked, the SNES version isnt compatible with 4 players. So if they are making a 4 player mode for console, is that screwing with Turtles in Time still? Still dicking around with history?