The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #21
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,420
What happened with Firefly? Gotham has some odd teen girl instead of Garfield Lynns, lighting effects specialist and pyromaniac and now Ted Carson, that one-shot who appeared a few years after Garfield Lynns appeared is Firefly again?
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:32 AM   #22
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission
 
Spike Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: At my desk drawing something
Posts: 2,228
Roxy Rocket.

Spoiler:
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:08 PM   #23
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,420
She appeared in one cameo in Dini's run didn't see? I think she appeared to oppose Stephanie Brown too. I never cared for the character as she started in other media and it was the last season of Batman:TAS opposed to the classic run. Its funny how I by a very long-shot prefer other media characters in Ninja Turtles, but do not think much of other media villains in regards to Batman.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:50 PM   #24
DWC
Banned
 
DWC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 78
Agree with Mr Freeze. I also think the Riddler is underraed.

To be honest I like most of his villains.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:53 PM   #25
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Agree with Mr Freeze. I also think the Riddler is underraed.

To be honest I like most of his villains.
Those two are my two favorite. I wish Mr. Freeze can either get a,happy ending or find a wsy to flesh him out and not be limited wirh the Dini origin.


I enjoy Batman's C listers as evidenced by my love of Dr. Phosphorus and The Spook.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:55 PM   #26
DWC
Banned
 
DWC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Those two are my two favorite. I wish Mr. Freeze can either get a,happy ending or find a wsy to flesh him out and not be limited wirh the Dini origin.


I enjoy Batman's C listers as evidenced by my love of Dr. Phosphorus and The Spook.
I didn't know those two - you're obviously a huge Bat fan.

I haven't read Freeze in New 52 but I heard that they turned him into a psychopath who didn't even know Nora and simply lusted after her? And he seen his mum die as a boy in the ice. Is that true? I much prefer the Dini character take.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:01 PM   #27
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
I didn't know those two - you're obviously a huge Bat fan.

I haven't read Freeze in New 52 but I heard that they turned him into a psychopath who didn't even know Nora and simply lusted after her? And he seen his mum die as a boy in the ice. Is that true? I much prefer the Dini character take.
Nora was said to have been cryogenically frozen for decades and Victor grew a mohawk. One of the horrible outcomes of the anti-marriage stance comics took for awhile.

You really should dig into the back issue bin. So many fun characters to discover from the two mentioned above to Signal Man, Gearhead, Terrible Trio, and Calendar Man among many others.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:08 PM   #28
DWC
Banned
 
DWC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Nora was said to have been cryogenically frozen for decades and Victor grew a mohawk. One of the horrible outcomes of the anti-marriage stance comics took for awhile.

You really should dig into the back issue bin. So many fun characters to discover from the two mentioned above to Signal Man, Gearhead, Terrible Trio, and Calendar Man among many others.
Lol that sounds awful. I read a bit of new 52 but never came across Freeze stuff, it sounds like they butchered his story and the character.

Cheers, I might just do that when I have more time.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:10 AM   #29
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,911
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Lol that sounds awful. I read a bit of new 52 but never came across Freeze stuff, it sounds like they butchered his story and the character.

Cheers, I might just do that when I have more time.
Yeah new 52 Freeze never even met Nora and just got obsessed with her, carrying on as if she was his wife. And he was so far in the delusion that he really honestly believes she is his wife and is confused when told otherwise. I guess the New 52 people felt he wasn't insane enough.
__________________
https://markblogofepicrandomness.blogspot.com Check out my blog on random stuff from TMNT to Batman comics to whatever else hits my mind.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:47 PM   #30
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,420
Have any of you ever watch videoes from this Youtube Channel, Gotham Rogues? I have subscribed for 13 months and found it to be one of the most interesting channels on the website.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyx...lZlVpeRhYV2QRQ
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
batman

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.