The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-07-2018, 01:17 AM   #161
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Could you at least tell us if it was better, worse or about the same as the last movie then????
I did, I said it's not as good as the last movie. So Jurassic World 1 is a lot better. Actually Jurassic Park 2 is better than this movie.

I list them best to worse

1. Jurassic Park
2. Jurassic World
3. Jurassic Park 2
4. Jurassic World 2
5. Jurassic Park 3

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:05 AM   #162
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Yeah, it's not bad, but does have a couple of issues

Spoiler:
The villain and the twist with the kid are major weak areas I feel...I think the clone twist could have been given better focus, hell maybe she could have some dormant reptilian powers or something, she really doesn't do much except set up James Cromwell's death later on, and after that it turns into a drinking game where you take a shot every time she screams. She finally does something at the end of the movie to set up the third, which initially I had an issue with, but actually came to appreciate how poetic it was

Jeff Goldbum's only in this for about a few minutes, showing up at the beginning and end of the movie. His scenes in the trailer are basically all you get of him here, and hell the trailer spoils part of the ending of the movie because his speech there is the final speech in the movie.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:49 AM   #163
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Why does it seem like these Jurassic World films are plot paralleling the first 2 movies (at least based on the "Fallen Kingdom" trailer so far)? Or is it just me?

Jurassic Park & Jurassic World both have the main plot of a tourist amusement park that goes to chaos as the dinosaurs are unleashed.

The Lost World & Fallen Kingdom both seem to have the main plot of scavenging the business remains of the fallen company; in handling, researching, and capturing dinosaurs that are now roaming on the abandon island, while other businesses try to take advantage of the failed tourist park business and trying to expand the dinosaur-exposure experience to a worldwide magnitude.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:34 AM   #164
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>

I just watched it and I liked it. The movie is tonally totally different than what most are expecting I'm guessing (then again I didn't watch the tv spots or final trailer so maybe that's already spoiled?).

The movie is not perfect but there's enough there to make it a cool sequel, especially since it does something new with the franchise as it's kind of a horror esque movie. I wrote more about my experience at the premiere on my site.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:03 PM   #165
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>

Well I wrote my spoiler filled problems with the movie here. I want to actively discuss spoilers now but I can't since most of my circles haven't seen it yet.

I don't like what this movie sets up for JW3 but I did love the horror like story of this one.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spanish horror, spanish whore