The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2018, 07:56 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,706
It: Chapter Two

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/ja...el-1202749616/

So far McAvoy (for Bill), Hader (Richie), and Chastain (Beverly) are in talks to play the grown up kids. I'm still betting the farm they go with Chris Pratt or Channing Tatum for Ben.

I also think it's a mistake to not go with Amy Adams for Beverly. She is the splitting image of an older version of that kid in the first.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:20 PM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Black Order Initiate
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/ja...el-1202749616/

So far McAvoy (for Bill), Hader (Richie), and Chastain (Beverly) are in talks to play the grown up kids. I'm still betting the farm they go with Chris Pratt or Channing Tatum for Ben.

I also think it's a mistake to not go with Amy Adams for Beverly. She is the splitting image of an older version of that kid in the first.
I would not have thought of McAvoy for Bill, but since I read the article, I'm quite intrigued. I think he could do well for that... relatable, a kind leader, but with a core of steel.

Can't say I'm thrilled with Bill Hader for Richie, though. I guess Hader's got comedy cred, but... I don't see him for the role. Not at all.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whys CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:11 PM   #3
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I would not have thought of McAvoy for Bill, but since I read the article, I'm quite intrigued. I think he could do well for that... relatable, a kind leader, but with a core of steel.

Can't say I'm thrilled with Bill Hader for Richie, though. I guess Hader's got comedy cred, but... I don't see him for the role. Not at all.
I don't know anything about James McAvoy so I am open to what he would do in the role.

Bill Hader I am on board with. The only better choice would have been putting Seth Green in the role that he played the 11 year old version of in the previous version. That fun connection bit and the fact i think Green could nail it.


Not keen on Chastain. Never been wowed by her in Zero Dark Thirty or Interstellar. I have to agree about Amy Adams.

What about Ben? I am curious who would take the role previously portrayed by the late John Ritter. I always liked Ben the best of the group,but felt there was a playboy aspect to Ben that did not make sense in John Ritter's version's background.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!


Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 04-12-2018 at 09:55 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:51 PM   #4
PApagreg
Mad Scientist
 
PApagreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,368
I was really hoping they picked Seth Green for Richie
__________________
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:39 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I was really hoping they picked Seth Green for Richie
Wouldn't that have been great?

Quote:
Can't say I'm thrilled with Bill Hader for Richie, though. I guess Hader's got comedy cred, but... I don't see him for the role. Not at all.
Yeah. They need someone far mousier in the role. I don't know who, though. Like... Skinny Jonah Hill or something.

Maybe the Hader thing falls through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
What about Ben? I am curious who would take the role previously portrayed by the late John Ritter. I always liked Ben the best of the group,but felt there was a playboy aspect to Ben that did not make sense in John Ritter's version's background.
I'm telling you. Tatum or Pratt. I'd bet money. And they probably approach them in that order.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 04-12-2018 at 11:52 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:08 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,706
James Ransone is Eddie in "It: Chapter Two."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/james-ra...t-chapter-two/

On that note, I have no idea who James Ransone is.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:29 PM   #7
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
James Ransone is Eddie in "It: Chapter Two."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/james-ra...t-chapter-two/

On that note, I have no idea who James Ransone is.
LOL, Andrew I was thinking the same thing.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Black Order Initiate
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
James Ransone is Eddie in "It: Chapter Two."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/james-ra...t-chapter-two/

On that note, I have no idea who James Ransone is.
Damn, me neither! Does anyone?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whys CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:28 PM   #9
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Damn, me neither! Does anyone?
Not everyone is known in film roles. Breakout role for him. Eddie is also the least memorable of the six adults.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:58 PM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Black Order Initiate
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Not everyone is known in film roles. Breakout role for him. Eddie is also the least memorable of the six adults.
You're wrong. That'd be Stan.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whys CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:34 PM   #11
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You're wrong. That'd be Stan.
Stan is dead so I said six. Of the six that count Eddie was the least interesting.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #12
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Black Order Initiate
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Stan is dead so I said six. Of the six that count Eddie was the least interesting.
Oh, my bad.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whys CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:30 PM   #13
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,665
Watch The Wire, people, damn.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:46 PM   #14
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Black Order Initiate
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Watch The Wire, people, damn.
Have they cast Idris Elba as Mike!?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whys CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:29 AM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,706
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/80020

In another round of "Who the hell is that?" Andy Bean has been cast as adult Stanley.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:46 PM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm still betting the farm they go with Chris Pratt or Channing Tatum for Ben.
Damn! I'm wrong. I'm not even close. It's just another unknown for Ben:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/jay-ryan...t-chapter-two/

Jay Ryan.

Is all their budget going to Jessica "Miscast" Chastain or something?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:40 PM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Black Order Initiate
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Damn! I'm wrong. I'm not even close. It's just another unknown for Ben:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/jay-ryan...t-chapter-two/

Jay Ryan.

Is all their budget going to Jessica "Miscast" Chastain or something?
I know, right? McAvoy and Chastain must've drained the casting budget already.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whys CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:58 PM   #18
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,423
I would have tapped Jerry O'Connell, former chunky kid turned fit actor married to a model.Reminds you of Ben in a sense. Ah,well. I will give it a chance. I don't want the one night stand with Beverley and Bill included. It cheapens Ben getting together with Beverley in the end. Not to mention undermines Bill's desperate search and rescue of his catatonic wife. A simple conversation would suffice.

I also wonder how the spider form will be dealt with. Campy? Creepy? Something else other than a mutant spider?
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:46 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I know, right? McAvoy and Chastain must've drained the casting budget already.
It's unfortunate to me. I was hoping for like... remember when Inglorious Basterds was first announced? And all those rumors were flying around about Arnold and Stallone and Seagal and such? And then it all turned out to be fake, even after years? I was thinking they were going to do something similar here... but with late 30s, 40s guys who are immediately relevant.

Guess not.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:50 PM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,706
Another unknown for It: Chapter Two, this one for Mike. Isaiah Mustafa, best known as the Old Spice Man.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/i...afa-1202838872
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.