The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,063
Kathleen Kennedy leaving Lucasfilm... maybe in September



https://movieweb.com/kathleen-kenned...ilm-star-wars/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:43 AM   #2
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,575
This isn't a joke? The fans flustrated by behind-the-scenes turmoil with multiple firings and plots we were waiting anxious for only to get the finger actually got her removed? Well, fans do have a voice after all.


So...how about Luke teleporting like Hamill believes he did?
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:47 AM   #3
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,214
If this isn't a joke, It's a START.

There are TONS of people at lucasfilm that are still loyal to her AND believe in her agenda. they need to go too!

if you hire dave filoni to right the ship, like they should, he needs his staff in there to fix a VERY large whole.

It's sad. I had ZERO opinion of her when she was first announced. i did not know about her, OR her history..but after revisionist lucas, I was hopeful someone with a plan was coming in. oh, how FAST I wished lucas was back.
__________________
'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:54 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,063
I don't like how the "excerpt" ascribes to the Kennedy "redeemed Star Wars from the awful prequels with a ANH remake" narrative, which is a quantifiably FAKE narrative.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:57 AM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,181
I definitely agree that Kathleen Kennedy has been more "Warner Brothers" than "Kevin Feige."

But that's not really a good comparison. She basically has been steering the Star Wars ship to follow in the rebooted Star Trek path... reboot, tell the same stories, young pretty actors, safe predictable stories matched with incredibly bizarre creative choices.

J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson seem to be sci-fi relaunch poison... except financially, which is unfortunate.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:58 AM   #6
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't like how the "excerpt" ascribes to the Kennedy "redeemed Star Wars from the awful prequels with a ANH remake" narrative, which is a quantifiably FAKE narrative.
yeah, I was reading that too.

news flash movie web. She IS at fault. her and her bosses at disney. it's all her direction.

Getting rid of her is a start, but there's lots of others that need to follow with her.
__________________
'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:12 AM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,181
I need to watch the prequels for myself and determine just how truly awful they are.

But as a consumer who believes in artistic integrity, I'll take a bad original story over a soulless retelling any day.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to needling my J.J. Abrams voodoo doll...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #8
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,214
without going over again, IMHO the short list.

bad acting. bad dialogue. Jar Jar (thankfully reduced later) Hayden Christensen (see first two).

If you had fixed those few issues, the Prequels would have been FAR more enjoyable, as evidenced by Clone Wars.
__________________
'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #9
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 4,413
Fire her and replace her with Dave Feloni
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:22 AM   #10
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 11,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't like how the "excerpt" ascribes to the Kennedy "redeemed Star Wars from the awful prequels with a ANH remake" narrative, which is a quantifiably FAKE narrative.
Quote:
While Kathleen Kennedy worked wonders relaunching this property from the abyss of the Lucas prequel trilogy and turning it into a bigger than ever all-devouring cultural force...
The "abyss" of the prequel trilogy may not have earned the adoration of long-time fans and critics, but it certainly made the franchise lots of money and earned it a new audience who grew up with the merchandise, video games, and media spin-offs.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #11
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,134
The original report said Kasdan and Kinberg are in the story group so I'm assuming the rest of the report is BS too.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:24 AM   #12
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
The "abyss" of the prequel trilogy may not have earned the adoration of long-time fans and critics, but it certainly made the franchise lots of money and earned it a new audience who grew up with the merchandise, video games, and media spin-offs.
yep.

there was enough new, and enough GOOD new, to earn it a nice nostalgia spot in the fans and franchise. I have a feeling the same will be true with Star wars rebels.


But, R1? People may like it, but what new did it introduce? TFA? TLJ? Solo? nothing really memorable about ANY of these movies. from pacing, to editing to story.

They are just made to make a quick billion and quickly forgotten about.
__________________
'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
without going over again, IMHO the short list.

bad acting. bad dialogue. Jar Jar (thankfully reduced later) Hayden Christensen (see first two).

If you had fixed those few issues, the Prequels would have been FAR more enjoyable, as evidenced by Clone Wars.
Yeah... I mean, it's got Ewan Macgregor, Liam Neesons, Samuel Motherfvcking Jackson, Natalie Portman... some really good stars in there.

But what do I know, I haven't seen 'em. I'm a filthy casual.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:46 AM   #14
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Yeah... I mean, it's got Ewan Macgregor, Liam Neesons, Samuel Motherfvcking Jackson, Natalie Portman... some really good stars in there.

But what do I know, I haven't seen 'em. I'm a filthy casual.

here, let me insult your family lineage...cause that's apparently what you do around here when someone says something that goes against the grain.

then watch as I get support for saying said nasty thing and nothing gets done about it ;o)
__________________
'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:09 PM   #15
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,908
The prequels would have benefited from not being helmed by Lucas himself.
The guy's an idea man, not a showrunner.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:20 PM   #16
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 6,874
Not gonna care until it's official, but I can see Disney being mad that Ep.8 didn't do as well with merchandise and now Solo underperforming which is a bigger deal.

A more interesting topic than bashing Kathleen since we've done that enough in TLJ thread Is, what can Disney do to turn the ship in the right direction. I'm not even sure how they'd be able to get ME back on board 100% like I was before Ep.7, to me the damage is already done, similar to the DCEU. I'd definitely start by taking a break after Ep.9, hope JJ can salvage the trilogy somehow and then start with a new movie set in a totally different time and place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
The prequels would have benefited from not being helmed by Lucas himself.
The guy's an idea man, not a showrunner.
They really should've just fixed his ideas for the ST from the layout they gave him. I mean most of the 'new' I love in TFA, it was the 'old' that I hated. I wanted Rey to be the main Jedi, I wanted to discover what had happened and how the world had changed, not go back to the OT. I wanted Fynn to also be a Jedi, no reason to only have 1 Jedi anymore.

The prequels have tons of bad things in it, but nothing came close to ruining Star Wars for me, Ep.3 tried hard but not enough. I could put up with the bad decisions, it's actually the Sequel Trilogy that's made me like the PT less, I mean if I don't want to put up with the ST crap why should I with the PT even if not as damaging?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:37 PM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
But, R1? People may like it, but what new did it introduce?
A bunch of characters no one can remember the names of that died by the time it was over.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:39 PM   #18
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
They really should've just fixed his ideas for the ST from the layout they gave him. I mean most of the 'new' I love in TFA, it was the 'old' that I hated. I wanted Rey to be the main Jedi, I wanted to discover what had happened and how the world had changed, not go back to the OT. I wanted Fynn to also be a Jedi, no reason to only have 1 Jedi anymore.

The prequels have tons of bad things in it, but nothing came close to ruining Star Wars for me, Ep.3 tried hard but not enough. I could put up with the bad decisions, it's actually the Sequel Trilogy that's made me like the PT less, I mean if I don't want to put up with the ST crap why should I with the PT even if not as damaging?
Yeah, this all comes down to a matter of taste, because I really REALLY liked TFA, and while I found TLJ to have pacing issues, I really did enjoy it's deconstruction of the universe as we knew it.

I'm clearly outside of the entry window for the Prequels, which I found uninteresting, and all flash with no bang.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:40 PM   #19
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
But what do I know, I haven't seen 'em. I'm a filthy casual.
I am a filthy casual who has seen and own all the movies, but nothing else ever seen or read aside from Darth Plageuis. Even a filthy casual can appreciate it!

The problem with the prequel trilogy is the same with the sequel trilogy, its not the greatness and originality of the original trilogy. Aside from Anakin's impatience in Mace defeating Palpitine being the entire driving force of the original trilogy and making a really dumb character in a non cyborg Anakin, Revenge of the Sith is great.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:41 PM   #20
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
yep.

there was enough new, and enough GOOD new, to earn it a nice nostalgia spot in the fans and franchise. I have a feeling the same will be true with Star wars rebels.


But, R1? People may like it, but what new did it introduce? TFA? TLJ? Solo? nothing really memorable about ANY of these movies. from pacing, to editing to story.

They are just made to make a quick billion and quickly forgotten about.
TLJ had plenty of new stuff especially related to the Force and the capabilities of Force users. A lot of people just didn't like them.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kathleen kennedy, lucasfilm

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.