The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 10-19-2018, 08:11 PM   #1
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
True, but the comics are a great gauge of whether or not a hardcore fanbase is latching on. Something like TMNT has a very dedicated fandom and so when a comic property for it doesn't sell well, then that's a pretty good indicator that even the fans who have to "have everything" don't even care....

The new show and, as someone said here earlier, the new Thundercats are absolute travesties for the properties. Hopefully when the don't do so hot, the producers won't follow in Marvel's footsteps by blaming the fans for "trying something new", which in fact is a cliche.

And aside from the poor character beats, modern flash-style animation is absolutely an awful trend. I say "flash-style" animation because I don't know what else to call it - that animation style we see on the new show, on Teen Titans, and other cartoon that as a kid I would'v thought was meant for4 year olds only.
This is also inexcusable because it has been a few years since PPG 2016, Ben 10 2016, and Sonic Boom all flopped. I know they're desperately trying to do it right with this show, but they scared the audience away already with their artwork and the fact it was lighter (and hence followed a trend). Overall this show is advertised as closer to Ultimate Spider-Man (which was still an unpopular show) than TTG and its clones, but Ultimate Spider-Man died off a few years back and the immediately subsequent show isn't any better. This is a tainted concept. Come back in about 5 years on MTV with a direct IDW adaptation and then we'll talk.