The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #21
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I knew when I typed it that you would not like reading that, but differences of opinion is what makes the world go round and keeps the franchise active. Its not exactly a popular version however like any incarnation it has its fans.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:37 PM   #22
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Erase Rise Of The TMNT The Next Mutation and Bayturtles from TMNT History.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:22 PM   #23
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

While Rise is slowly improving over time I'd erase it from life. Some idiot thought fans liked Leo for being a leader and only that. I loved the 2003 and 2012 versions but Rise I don't understand the staff's thinking at all.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:18 PM   #24
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I’m gonna say nothing.

Everything that gets made in a long running franchise, good bad and in between makes it all more interesting. It gives it a unique history.

You have different things and versions to look back on or barrow from and it all adds to the lore of characters. Also for posterity.

What’s with everyone against Disney getting the turtles? They could probably make an awesome cinematic universe. Plus the theme park stuff.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:23 PM   #25
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Eh probably none of them, TMNT was always an interesting franchise because of its numerous of incarnations from the Mirage to the OVAs, to the Next Mutation to the 2007 movie to the Bay Turtles so erasing anything feels kinda stupid since you can pick and choose which one you like and seeing how fast this franchise moves your least favorites are going to end quickly. I mean don't get me wrong there are numerous of times where I wished an incarnation improved on something cough cough 2012 cough cough but flat out erasing something feels kinda stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
What’s with everyone against Disney getting the turtles? They could probably make an awesome cinematic universe. Plus the theme park stuff.

Because monopolies are bad.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:37 PM   #26
Leo656
The Franchise

Also, most of their output is vapid sh*t for the little kids and the nostalgia-obsessed.

Some people think the FW cartoon is fluff. But it's Shakespeare compared to whatever Disney would slap together if they had the brand.

But yeah, also monopolies. But also, it just wouldn't be a good fit. And a "TMNT Cinematic Universe" where Bebop and Rocksteady would inevitably have their own spin-off series of 5 or 6 movies while the Turtles get pushed further and further into the background would be horrible. Basically, everything Disney does as part of their entire business model would be terrible for TMNT.

...The same is also true for Nick/Viacom, but... Too late now.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:38 PM   #27
snake
Disgusting

Whatever the chain of events were that led to Turtles 3. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the production meetings for that film just to see how it devolved into what we got.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:54 PM   #28
Wildcat
Foot Elite

To be honest I still have not seen any of the Marvel Cinematic Universe yet because I’ve never really been into those characters but I wish that was applied to the TMNT.

The MCU is clearly more than kids movies.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:26 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Whatever the chain of events were that led to Turtles 3. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the production meetings for that film just to see how it devolved into what we got.
That and not 2? 2 was the turning point, from which things never recovered. The only thing wrong with 3 was an overuse of slapstick and sh**ty costumes.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:09 AM   #30
Ninjinister
無問題

Honestly, nothing. There is no light without the dark.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:12 AM   #31
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Look, I don't hate The Next Mutation for what its worth but if its existence could be sacrificed so we could avoid the wedge it became between Eastman and Laird, then toss it into the abyss.

Otherwise, Turtle Tunes and We Wish You a Turtle Christmas are first on the chopping block.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:36 AM   #32
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
NT:TNM's footprint on... well, anything is so small, I really wouldn't even bother. Venus or not, nobody cared about NT:TNM. Not even kids.
Yeah, let TNM be. It came out in 1997 and it didn't even get a second season. The Turtlemania boom ended around 1992-1993 or so.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #33
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That and not 2? 2 was the turning point, from which things never recovered. The only thing wrong with 3 was an overuse of slapstick and sh**ty costumes.
You see, I understand the thought process behind SOTO. Tone down the less kid friendly aspects of the first film and throw in more cartoon garbage to sell toys. Still, it resembled what most people would expect from a Turtles film. There was even that Utrom twist that was nearly in the film, and would have logically directed the story of the next installment. Why they thought kids would be more interested in seeing a boring ass story in Feudal Japan instead of Dimension X is beyond me. It's not like budget was an issue. Turtles 3 hurt the franchise's chances of getting another film for years.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:31 PM   #34
Icebot
Foot Elite

I don’t know if I’d erase anything unless it means I could redo it all over again, like with Turtles Forever I’d remake it to show continuity from the Fred wolf show and have their original actors do the voices.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:45 PM   #35
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

NM would be what I would erase, that series is just plain awful. I thought rise was going to replace that, but the more I watch that series the more tolerable I am of it. It has some charm, although, not my idea of what tmnt should be by any means
Old 12-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
It's not like budget was an issue. Turtles 3 hurt the franchise's chances of getting another film for years.
By 1993 Turtlemania was dying down either way, and Power Rangers overtook it in popularity. Even if we got a great movie, it would have still not made a difference. And then the cartoon ended in 1996.

Then by 1998 Pokemon would have killed whatever TMNT was left at the time, so it's probably a good thing TMNT was already dead when the Pokemon craze was at its highest between 1998-2001 or so.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:31 PM   #37
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
By 1993 Turtlemania was dying down either way, and Power Rangers overtook it in popularity. Even if we got a great movie, it would have still not made a difference. And then the cartoon ended in 1996.

Then by 1998 Pokemon would have killed whatever TMNT was left at the time, so it's probably a good thing TMNT was already dead when the Pokemon craze was at its highest between 1998-2001 or so.
TMNT was a craze at the turn of the 1990s (in the year 1990, specifically).

Power Rangers really started to take over in early 1994.

Pokèmon was a craze in the year 1999.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:01 AM   #38
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
TMNT was a craze at the turn of the 1990s (in the year 1990, specifically).

Power Rangers really started to take over in early 1994.

Pokèmon was a craze in the year 1999.
I recall reading a mid 1992 toy commercial in a video game magazine, advertising Toxic Crusaders and thiking.

Is this the franchise that will take over from TMNT? Just like TMNT once took over from He-Man and Transformers.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:36 AM   #39
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I recall reading a mid 1992 toy commercial in a video game magazine, advertising Toxic Crusaders and thiking.

Is this the franchise that will take over from TMNT? Just like TMNT once took over from He-Man and Transformers.
In 1992, Super Soakers, Hasbro WWF action figures, Sonic the Hedgehog, and all things The Uncanny X-Men were starting to take over from TMNT. The Barney craze was the largest phenomenon to occur in 1992 and last into 1993.

The rest of the Toxic Crusaders should have been pictured with Toxie more in newspaper articles and magazines like that 1991 issue of Boy’s Life. From what I remember, a stock image of Toxie was used to represent the whole toy line. That worked with Raphael from 1988 to 1990 or 1991, because the Mirage Comics TMNT were being advertised everywhere from the first TMNT NES game to video game magazine covers. A casual shopper would have to visit the video rental store to know where the Toxic Crusaders came from and all three of The Toxic Avenger movies were either rated R or unrated.

Last edited by mikey0; 12-04-2019 at 06:45 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:44 AM   #40
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Professional wrestling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Hasbro WWF action figures.
Playmates could have tried to tackle that professional wrestling wave by relasing TMNT figures with a Stump Asteroid theme.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote