The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-15-2023, 01:56 PM   #21
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I never heard of that site before and as far as movies and tv shows go, if it’s not up for pre order on big box retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, Target, etc….then I stay away from sites like this I never heard of before.

That’s my rule. Now if these turn out to be legit with positive reviews, then I might bite but for now, I’m out.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 02:08 PM   #22
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Now, this IS or IS NOT a legit company that provides a distribution service directly for companies like Paramount? Anyone know?

Because if I'm throwing in $60 plus shipping, this better be legit.

Anyone have expeince buying from them and know if it will continue to be available after pre-order? Or is this pre-order only and then it will stop selling?
Haven't personally bought from them, but they have multiple other in-stock Paramount releases (mostly their DVD-R burn-on-demand stuff for other Nick shows) and the Blu-ray release of the SpongeBob Musical was first discovered via their listing before it hit everywhere else, so I'd say they're on the up-and-up. Don't think you should have any problems waiting rather than jumping on a pre-order, though. (I'm personally gonna wait until it hits Amazon.)
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 02:19 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Thanks! Would be nice if it ends up on Amazon and at least knocks off the added shipping.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 02:49 PM   #24
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Is that a new artwork on the cover? I hate the fact this is DVDs and not Blu-rays.
Barely anyone dies SD on Blu-ray. Only one that would do it is Discotek media. At this point and time for the show, it would only get an upscale, isn’t honestly most upscale of that time don’t look good.

Last edited by Allio; 06-15-2023 at 02:55 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 04:05 PM   #25
Antoniocafe
Thug

This does not appear to he an official release. Im getting the impression that this Movie Zyng is just someone, or a few people making these on their own. Though it doesn't really matter anyway. All of the seasons are available digitally now.
Antoniocafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 05:46 PM   #26
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

From what I gather... Movie Zyng sounds like an authorized 3rd party seller for Allied Vaughn (edit: or their own direct retail site??), who in turn is an authorized distributor with valid rights to it, and Movie Zyng is among this list on their site: https://www.alliedvaughn.com/avent/c...nnel-partners/

Good news is that Amazon is also on there so maybe it might be a little cheaper there if it shows up?

Quote:
Movie Zyng MOD DVDs are produced to order by Allied Vaughn – the company that manufactures MOD DVDs for Warner Archive, Fox Cinema Archive, The Universal Vault Collection, National Geographic and many more.

https://www.moviezyng.com/movie-zyng-faq-s-13.aspx
Quote:
For over five decades, the Allied Vaughn organization has been a leader in content management, manufacturing and distribution. From its early days as a national film laboratory for entertainment and corporate motion pictures, Allied Vaughn expanded into video with post production facilities and duplication plants across the country. Warehousing and Distribution followed the growth with Allied Vaughn opening world class direct to consumer fulfillment centers.

Our history of working with content regardless of media platform evolution is evidenced in our optical disc manufacturing and digital streaming services. Allied Vaughn is the entertainment industry choice in DVD and Blu-ray On Demand disc duplication and retail/consumer distribution with over 150 content partners representing Hollywood’s major studios, television networks, Fortune 500 corporations, faith based publishers and independent film companies.

https://www.alliedvaughn.com/avent/a...tory-in-media/
Quote:
Expand your selection and increase your DVD, Blu-ray, 3D and 4K sales retailing film and television titles from over 140 Studios and Networks. Our DVD/Blu-ray collection includes titles from major studios including Paramount, MGM, Warner, Fox, Universal, and Sony. Television properties from NBCU, Showtime, HBO, Viacom, National Geographic, and CBS Home Entertainment.

We also represent the fastest growing catalog of independent films from studios including FilmRise, 1091, Gunpowder & Sky, and many more.

Click to download AV’s MOD Studio Content Partners AV’s MOD Studio Content Partners .

As an Allied Vaughn reseller you receive a host of benefits:

https://www.alliedvaughn.com/avent/p...d-wholesalers/

So I'm thinking it's definitely a legitimate release (yay), but maybe the option to shop around a little will exist.

It kinda sounds like they're basically the film industry's version of Red Bubble, Zazzle, Cafe Press, etc, putting out products on demand instead of mass producing them up front. So if that means 2003 and anything else they get rights to would be available indefinitely then that's awesome. (And hopefully the Rise fans will fairly get a complete release eventually, too.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-15-2023 at 06:18 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 06:36 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

As of now there's no listing on amazon for this set. Usually anything official winds up sold on amazon, I just typed in "TMNT 2003 DVDs" and the only thing that comes up is all the older ones 4kids put out years ago.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 06:50 PM   #28
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

Smile

Man, I hope this is a legitimate release! TMNT 2003 is my most requested series to get on DVD. I also hope they include the full version of “Turtles Forever”. If they do then this set will be more than worth the price! But I would feel better seeing Amazon list it so I would know it’s not just a burned DVD-R bootleg thing. If this comes out then the only other DVDs I still need is a complete release of “Ren & Stimpy” (all the available retail versions in the USA are butchered to Hell with multiple episodes missing entire segments).
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 07:59 PM   #29
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Holy CRAP, freaking FINALLY!! Judging by the release date, I'm guessing we have Mutant Mayhem's upcoming theatrical release (as well as the added benefit of it being the show's 20th Anniversary this year) to thank for this LONG-awaited miracle. I can't freaking WAIT to finally have this show on my shelf in more than small pieces!
I noticed it has the same release date as the 4K release of the Ninja Turtles movie from 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
They have to be. Even using old discs that Funimation printed like the season releases:

Season 1- 2 discs
Season 2- 2 discs
Season 3/4- 9 discs
Ninja Tribunal- 2 discs
Fast Forward- 2 discs

Totals 17, still needs two for Back to the Sewer and one for Turtles Forever.
Then that would make it 19, when the listing says 18 discs. Also, the releases that covered seasons 3 & 4 would consist of ten discs total. There was one for "The Christmas Aliens".

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Now, this IS or IS NOT a legit company that provides a distribution service directly for companies like Paramount? Anyone know?

Because if I'm throwing in $60 plus shipping, this better be legit.

Anyone have expeince buying from them and know if it will continue to be available after pre-order? Or is this pre-order only and then it will stop selling?
This is my first time ever hearing of that company. So now I'm kind of wary of it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I'm definitely interested in this, but it's an epic failure that these are pushed to DVD anymore instead of Blu-Ray.

That's actually a huge red flag These might just be copied transfers from VHS or broadcast. If they went to the original negatives to scan for DVD, then they would've just as easily scanned them in HD for Blu-Ray and the entire color gamut.

My point? These are either 3rd party or they are going to be low quality crap. It makes no sense to release anything on standard def blu Ray anymore when the home standard has been HD for almost 15 years now. So something is wrong here.
I'm actually thinking this may be an MOD thing, although there are MOD titles that are actually pressed and not burned. Universal has released some Blu-ray movies that way. The Wizard being one of them, but thankfully Shout! Factory was able to put out a more legit release for it later.

Also, since it gives a release date of July 25th, you'd think other retailers would have it listed by now.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 08:02 PM   #30
Barry the Nomad
Mouser

Allied Vaughn is legitimate. I know their former VP of marketing and have done freelance work for them in the past. They are pretty much the leader of MOD DVDs and I wouldn't equate them with Red Bubble. They handle stuff that might not have as big a pressing, or they press them on demand. They handle a lot of stuff for FOX and also do 3D blu-rays which have become niche.

Edit: IIRC they are actually pressed and not burned, as mentioned above.
Barry the Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 08:15 PM   #31
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I hope the quality of this set is good even though its DVDs.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:34 PM   #32
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry the Nomad View Post
Allied Vaughn is legitimate. I know their former VP of marketing and have done freelance work for them in the past. They are pretty much the leader of MOD DVDs and I wouldn't equate them with Red Bubble. They handle stuff that might not have as big a pressing, or they press them on demand. They handle a lot of stuff for FOX and also do 3D blu-rays which have become niche.

Edit: IIRC they are actually pressed and not burned, as mentioned above.
So these won’t look like they were burned on someone’s computer? They will look like a legitimate release?
Old 06-15-2023, 09:01 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

They'll probably be 480p DVD quality. Not as good as they could look though.
Old 06-15-2023, 09:59 PM   #34
Storm Eagle
Saved by

So the company is legit, and it'll be an MOD thing.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1669427277308874753

I just hope they'll at least put the episodes in the proper order. Since it is an MOD thing, I'm inclined to keep my volumes around even if I might not count them in my collection. I can free up a lot of space on my shelf.

A part of me even wants to establish a Paramount Plus account to watch it digitally too.

Last edited by Storm Eagle; 06-15-2023 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-15-2023, 10:47 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

This is getting more and more confusing. The twitter link say it's an official release and should be available, "everywhere" to buy, but then people are saying it's a private seller on that site only.

We also have no idea how the discs will be handled. I doubt they're re-issues because the old 4kids DVDs only had 3-4 eps a disc on the first releases, then they went all out of order as it went on. Even the 12 ep discs from later on had all weird releases.
Old 06-15-2023, 11:08 PM   #36
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This is getting more and more confusing. The twitter link say it's an official release and should be available, "everywhere" to buy, but then people are saying it's a private seller on that site only.

We also have no idea how the discs will be handled. I doubt they're re-issues because the old 4kids DVDs only had 3-4 eps a disc on the first releases, then they went all out of order as it went on. Even the 12 ep discs from later on had all weird releases.
I posted the wrong link by mistake. I've edited the post with the correct link.
Old 06-15-2023, 11:14 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

So what does this mean? They made new DVDs?
Old 06-15-2023, 11:23 PM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They'll probably be 480p DVD quality.
There's no doubt they will be 480p. Says DVD on the spine.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 12:15 AM   #39
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

That doesn’t bother me, honestly. My eyesight is so poor I can barely tell the difference between a DVD or a Blu-ray anyway unless I have my glasses on. I just want them to be professionally done (not looking or playing like they were burned in some guy’s dusty basement) and have ALL the episodes in correct order as well as “Turtles Forever” uncut (even though I already have the UK DVD).
Old 06-16-2023, 01:56 PM   #40
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Better way too late than never lol

I'm sure the version of Turtles Forever in there will be edited.

I'm buying this regardless.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote