The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 04:01 AM   #4461
Shark_Blade
Emperor

It makes me excited because it’s a new take for him.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:50 AM   #4462
Vegita-San
Emperor

i mean, that's what mikey, or raph is for.

this reeks of changing just for change.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 07-01-2018, 08:44 AM   #4463
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

more like rise leo deserves getting pounded by 03 and 2012 versions for breaking their concentration.. dang, now i sooooo wanna see that happen
Old 07-01-2018, 08:57 AM   #4464
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
more like rise leo deserves getting pounded by 03 and 2012 versions for breaking their concentration.. dang, now i sooooo wanna see that happen
That does hapoen if you follow the link lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
It makes me excited because it’s a new take for him.
This take is really redundant if Mikey is unchanged and Raph is a moron.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Old 07-01-2018, 10:51 AM   #4465
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Like I said, I'll wait till things get back to normal as being talked about in interviews and such. Hopefully clumsy Leo will stop being clumsy near the end of season one. Till than I'm just going to skip it.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #4466
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Like I said, I'll wait till things get back to normal as being talked about in interviews and such. Hopefully clumsy Leo will stop being clumsy near the end of season one. Till than I'm just going to skip it.
What I dislike the most is how this is probably going to happen at Raphael's expense. His first time being a leader, he is also stupid and may end up losing his leadership role. Not because he doesn't want it but because he's dumb and Leo is better than him.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:17 PM   #4467
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I think they'll handle it rather well actually. Raph will prefer not be leader as he has done so when he gets leadership in other incarnations because it's too much work, I also think Leo becoming leader would not happen until like the Season1 finale but it might last until Season 2.

Yes Raph will be a bit dumb but I don't think too dumb, about as much as he was sometimes in previous incarnations where he doesn't think things through. Leo being a bit more jokey can work, I don't think they'll over do it since they won't want to take away Mikey's gimmick. But I do hope Mikey gets to be something else besides immature all the time.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:18 PM   #4468
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Well that last unattached frame was pretty deserved. (Anyone have a translation?)

If '03 and '12 need further help, just call in the big PD guy to bodily set '18 in time out.

"And stay there until you learn to act like a Leo!"
Old 07-01-2018, 12:39 PM   #4469
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Yes Raph will be a bit dumb but I don't think too dumb, about as much as he was sometimes in previous incarnations where he doesn't think things through.
You sure about that? in the comic, he was actually worse than 2k12 Mikey. If Raph is going to be anything like that throughout the series, then hands down that's one of the worst Raphael's I've ever seen in any tmnt interpretation. The only reason he's so idiotic is just so he could be used as a stepping stone solely for Leo's development. I'm 90% sure while Leo's grows into an intelligent leader, Raph will remain stagnant and stupid.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:42 PM   #4470
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think it will be the best Leo. Nick 2012 Leo was also great. I'm glad we're moving away from the stoic leader who pushes himself too hard. Granted 2k3 Leo was my fav for a long time too but this is a nice change of pace.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #4471
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Man, I can already tell that this particular iteration of Leonardo is going to be the ...

Spoiler:

Seriously, this totally sucks.

They posted a new video.

Spoiler:
Old 07-01-2018, 01:59 PM   #4472
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Best? Sure, just like the best Raph would be one that's turned into a complete wuss, the best Donnie a purposeless idiot, and the best Mikey spends an entire series in a comatose state. Hasn't been done so we should totally do it.

The girls in that video could be a little more annoying, but it wouldn't take much effort. (I can't for the life of me decide if they're supposed to be mother and daughter or if the one with long hair is a lot younger than she - or her hair and makeup - looks.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-01-2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:16 PM   #4473
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

I prefer 2k3 Leo.
2k12 Leo was quite boring after his voice change, and I didn't like 2k12 Raph either because he was useless. I'm open to changes to a certain extent, but idiocy is something I'll never accept.
Rise Raph is an idiot.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:57 PM   #4474
CyberCubed
Overlord

2k3 Raph is probably my favorite cartoon version of the character, although it may be because of his voice. I like Rob Paulsen Raph for hilarity purposes, and 2k3 Raph was good at the start but became too grouchy as it progresed, Nick Raph was great ignoring all the weird forms they changed him into for an ep
Old 07-01-2018, 06:11 PM   #4475
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

There is something about every Raphael that I like. I like 87 Raph because he was funny. I like 2k3 Raph because of his gruffness and the back and forth between him and Mikey. I like 2012 Raph for almost the exact same reason. He is sort of 2k3 'lite'/younger 2k3 Raph. Also I empathize with his phobia of bugs.

As for Rise, The motion comic doesn't provide much to go on. But the person who wrote that comic probably doesn't even write for the show. So who knows what we'll get.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:38 AM   #4476
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Where are his clothes?
Old 07-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #4477
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Leo was never my favorite turtle...but I may actually like Leo now (cause I like the goofball/jokester characters)

Though I can understand people being upset with the change if they enjoyed the more stoic side of Leo before. It would be cool to see him change into that slowly~ instead of him automatically being the calm, responsible, skilled leader.

At this point...as long as Mikey isn't as dumb as he was in 2012 I'm golden!
Old 07-02-2018, 12:55 PM   #4478
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
Though I can understand people being upset with the change if they enjoyed the more stoic side of Leo before. It would be cool to see him change into that slowly~ instead of him automatically being the calm, responsible, skilled leader.
Would be nice. Just bugs me that they seem to not understand that it's a personality type, not just a mode of behavior to grow into. Sure, a lot of people calm down a bit with age, but if he's the rather stoic sort (usually), then he was probably a calmer, responsible sort of kid by nature to begin with. Not to the extent of an adult of course, but not all teens are the wild nutjobs the makers of this seem to believe. (Like his personalty type just isn't interesting enough for them so they got rid of it.)

Leo was my fave since childhood and probably in good part because I did relate to him even way back then. I was never nearly as wild and crazy as some kids were/are. Some kids relate to that, so good job on them for removing it... *sigh*

To make Leo younger by letting him be a little sillier and, even more-so, maybe a little more emotional at times, perhaps not always reacting with the maturity of an adult to some brother conflicts, would be one thing. But cocky asshat, to the point of not being Leo at all... too far.

Hopefully you get your wish with Mikey. So far he seems to be the least screwed with, though I'm not sure they've really told us all that much either.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #4479
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Hopefully you get your wish with Mikey. So far he seems to be the least screwed with, though I'm not sure they've really told us all that much either.
W-Wa-Wait ... what?

I know that they made Raphael more impulsive and arrogant, but what did they do with Donatello?
Old 07-02-2018, 01:11 PM   #4480
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

I agree with IndigoErth. Not all teens are wild asshats, and its wrong to assume that they are. I certainly wasn't. Most introverts aren't either. And it does feel like the writers had a huddle and were like "Okay Leo is the boring one what are we gonna do about it? Oh change him completely until he's nothing like Leo except in name? Perfect!!"

So we've got:

Donny- the smart guy/ adrenaline junky
Raph- the big dumb muscles guy who loves to smash
Mikey- Silly extrovert
Leo- Silly extrovert

..........huuuh....One of these characters feels kind of redundant.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters