The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #41
victory_angel
Foot Elite

The overall style of mutagen man's design doesn't seem like Donnie's work to me. Particularly since the hands drip ooze. I think maybe perhaps the Pulverizer's tank gets carried off to the Shredder at one point. And the Shredder convinces the Pulverizer the Turtles never cared about him and Donatello wasn't actually going to do anything to help return him to normal. But he on the other hand does care of his unfortunate predicament and wants to add him to his army.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #42
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I could see that happening.
I bet April's dad takes him away or leads the kraang and shredder to the lair.
But yeah I sort of have this feeling that Tim wasn't trying to hurt April but perhaps she doesn't know him and Don sent him after her or something like that or he was with her and Casey doesn't know and attacks him.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #43
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Since mutagen man's hands and legs are lethal (ooze!) I doubt Donnie will be the one who will make the changes to the container where he is incased. On the contrary, my hunch is that it will be built by Baxter, and later on something goes wrong and as a result of one of his "old plans gone wrong" (as quoted from the official site), Baxter gets mutated into a mutant fly.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #44
saber16
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Since mutagen man's hands and legs are lethal (ooze!) I doubt Donnie will be the one who will make the changes to the container where he is incased. On the contrary, my hunch is that it will be built by Baxter, and later on something goes wrong and as a result of one of his "old plans gone wrong" (as quoted from the official site), Baxter gets mutated into a mutant fly.

Actually, I've been thinking about that... perhaps it's a way to protect himself or others from Kraang bots or evil mutants.

Personally, I don't see Kranng or Shredder adding him to their army and would sooner dump Tim's body in the sea than go through the trouble of making a suit for "That fool, Pulverizer." He was patient enough to allow Baxter to give Fishface new legs, but he knew he was going to get a reliable and skilled fighter if it worked.
Dogpound was ready to waste Tim the moment the experiment failed. Their looking for the best, and if it's true Mutagen Man's suit needs to be maintained and supplied mutagen in order for him to live, he would seem more like a liability than an welcoming edition to the team.

Though, watching the clip again I noticed something Casey says;
"Are you kidding me!? Do you know what this is!? This is Casey Jones vs evil robo ninjas!"

I could see that being from two separate moments, here's what I mean:

*Casey has Tim pinned to the ground, his hockey stick in hand*
Casey: "Game over, freak. Now..."
*He taps the glass jar with the end of the stick
Casey: "-How's about we crack open this fish-tank 'n see how long you can last without the spacesuit..."
*He straightens up*
Casey: "'Jone's steps up to plate,'
*Pulls it back like a bat*
'Casey: "AND-'"

*April grabs the back of the stick*

Casey: "Hey-HEY! What's th' matter with ya!? I'm trying to save you're stinking life-!"

April: "I- *UGH* APPRECIATE-"

*She struggles with Casey and the Hockey stick, leading Casey away from Tim. She shoves the stick back at him, knocking him to the ground*

April: *continued* -Your concern, but if you stopped to THINK for a minute and would just LISTEN to me- you would've have known you were "SAVING" me from my FRIEND!"

Casey: "... Fer-END?"

*His eyes dart to Tim, hand on glass as he shakes his head around, re-gaining focus*

Casey: "... Are you kidding me!? Do you know what THIS is!? It's a- IT'S-!"

April: "HIS name is Timothy."

Tim: Better known as- THE PULVER-"
*Tim neglects the trash can he caught his foot in, topples over*

Tim: *off screen* "STUPID TRASH CAN!"

April: "... It's complicated..."

As for the "This is Casey Jones vs evil robo ninjas!"
Well, Pulverizer doesn't really look like a robot... and ninja? Yeah. My money is on the return of robotic Foot ninja's.

Actually, I'm just going to copy and paste something I wrote on DA a while ago on the scene:

Quote:
Personally, I think Mutagen Man is on the good side. To just make him evil not only... changes his character entirely, but they set up a good opertunity for character growth with him and that would be a massive waste.
It's easy to think he's gone insane from what happened in his last episode, but if that's the case, why wasn't he snarling and banging on the jar if he wanted to fight them? He doesn't seem to have any kind of ill will towards the turtles, it just came off as blind rage.

But in turn, why does it look like he's going after April like that? I'm guessing they know each other, no reason to keep the Timothy thing a secret, so she could be out with him, and it looks like it it's at night to avoid attention.
It's assumed he's there to protect April... but what if she's there for his sake? I don't know why, but I can imagine this scenario of her taking him to his home to... explain some things... I just have this image of them in an old fashioned living room, sitting down - his mom in utter shock, staring at a nervous 16 year old red headed girl sitting next to... that on the sofa, twiddling his massive thumbs... "Soo... Mom...uhm.... This is April!"
*She gives a small wave, laughing nervously*

"... Now, I----'m sure you have... one or two questions..."
Biggest reason, he just has potential to be a pretty funny character, given the Pulverizer's personality and his never give up attitude. Take that away, then what was the point of introducing Pulverizer?
Old 08-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #45
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
But yeah I sort of have this feeling that Tim wasn't trying to hurt April but perhaps she doesn't know him and Don sent him after her or something like that or he was with her and Casey doesn't know and attacks him.
I doubt this, knowing the relationship with Donnie and April, Timothy probably will feel that Donnie cares more about April than he does about helping him. (Which is true) And thus will take his anger out on her, which is why it will be a big deal when Casey, not Donnie saves her.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #46
Krang100
Thug

i would never believe if i didn't see when Timothy turned Mutage man. One of the darkest episodes.
Krang100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #47
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Judging by the new Season 2 trailer, he's going to be a villain. He's got Mikey and Leo in a headlock and is attacking Raph with his stretched out eyes sockets. I was hoping he'd become an ally...well, there's still hope, so who knows.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #48
saber16
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Judging by the new Season 2 trailer, he's going to be a villain. He's got Mikey and Leo in a headlock and is attacking Raph with his stretched out eyes sockets. I was hoping he'd become an ally...well, there's still hope, so who knows.
Ah, had no idea a season 2 trailer was out.

- Wait, it looks like it's Raph and Mikey he's got his hands around, and Leo is tied up by his... mouth... Oh lord, this is one screwed up villain... I LOVE IT!

Yeup, looks like he's against the turtles. Would have been cool to see him as an ally, but hey - I'm looking forward to seeing why he goes bad.

If Donny's the one who comes up with the suit, it's possible he'll be outraged with his new form and blame Donny for not doing a good enough job (It would be really interesting to see the two arguing during a fight, with Tim blaming Donny for the situation, only for him lose all sense of sympathy for him), or maybe it's the mutation that causes him to snap completely.
Though, I heard he was supposed to play an important role from here on, it could be possible that even after he goes rogue, Donny is still doing everything in his power to find a way to cure him, whether Timothy want's to work with him or not.

Also, Mikey's room... is that a Chris Bradford cutout I see? And his bed- Ah man, the art team went nuts with this guy XD

Last edited by saber16; 08-08-2013 at 06:29 PM.
saber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #49
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yep, it's a Chris Bradford cutout. I think he just had that before Rad Brad betrayed him, and maybe he still can't let it go even after all this time.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:28 PM   #50
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

What if someone takes Timothy, he breaks out and comes back as a shapeshifter, but he doesn't remember who he was before because his power always alters/delete his memory.

It would fit the tragedy how he was always trying so desperately to be someone else and because he change his body so many times that he no longer has sole identity of who he was before.

For example, he could come back as a mutant turtle and thinks in his mind that the other four are his real brothers but he has no real memories of when he was timothy the human and what even creepier is that he keep talking about his nightmares of how he and the turtles keeping killing this mutant in jar monster and how he always ends feeling really sad for some reason after delivering the killing blow. It's like he keeps fabricating memories that don't exist but he assuring that they are real.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:10 PM   #51
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
What if someone takes Timothy, he breaks out and comes back as a shapeshifter, but he doesn't remember who he was before because his power always alters/delete his memory.

It would fit the tragedy how he was always trying so desperately to be someone else and because he change his body so many times that he no longer has sole identity of who he was before.

For example, he could come back as a mutant turtle and thinks in his mind that the other four are his real brothers but he has no real memories of when he was timothy the human and what even creepier is that he keep talking about his nightmares of how he and the turtles keeping killing this mutant in jar monster and how he always ends feeling really sad for some reason after delivering the killing blow. It's like he keeps fabricating memories that don't exist but he assuring that they are real.
I think that would be a great idea. However I don't think the shape shifting thing will happen as it wouldn't fit what going on with him right now. I do think that over the three or so months the Turtles have been away from New York. Timmy has certainly been removed from Donnie's lab be it the Foot Clan or the Kraang that officially took him.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #52
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
I think that would be a great idea. However I don't think the shape shifting thing will happen as it wouldn't fit what going on with him right now. I do think that over the three or so months the Turtles have been away from New York. Timmy has certainly been removed from Donnie's lab be it the Foot Clan or the Kraang that officially took him.
So what's going with him right now then?
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #53
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
So what's going with him right now then?
I think as far as the Turtles know he may still be in their old lair. They know their old lair is no longer their home, so if they are able to get back to the city. The only reason they would have to go back to their old lair is to see what belongings are still salvageable and take them to their new lair.

As far as we know the Foot, the Kraang, maybe the EPF could have gone down there to see if there is anything there that can help them find where the Turtles have gone or can be used against the Turtles.

I don't know how useful Timothy would be in the eyes of the Shredder. But Timmy is going to be a reoccurring villain until he's restored to human or destroyed. So I can see Shredder using Timothy as a grunt whose job is to hunt down or destroy. Because the Shredder thanks to his alliance with the Kraang can supply Timothy with an endless supply of mutagen and get him to believe that it is the Turtles who made him into what he is.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #54
tylerdavies
Thug

I think either shredder or the kraang are going to find Mutagen Man in the turtle's old lair and thaw him out. In some concept art that it shows some mutagen canisters powering MM's suit. Not sure if that design will be used later but it would make sense if he is brought back to life by someone to be used against the turtles.
tylerdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:52 AM   #55
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Spoiler:
Timmy ain't comin' back!

Last edited by Papenbrook; 08-08-2017 at 04:05 AM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:16 AM   #56
ToTheNines
[sic]

The "P" on his belt is for Papenbrook.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:20 AM   #57
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

whyd this have to be bumped?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:33 AM   #58
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
whyd this have to be bumped?
Ten episodes left and he's most likely not going to play a part in any of them, if that's true then the joke about him never coming back will be fufilled.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:17 AM   #59
Vicky82
Emperor

He might be the final episode as it happens in the future, so he might finally defrost.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:30 AM   #60
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I sorta wish there would be a final scene post-credits of the last one. Donnie in his lab suddenly remembers. "Oh, sorry about that Timothy." Gives him retro mutagen, the guy demutates and runs out of there never to come back and Donnie seen watching in side foreground, not saying a word. The end.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mutagen man