The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-10-2017, 02:46 PM   #21
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Not Shredder directly but Bebop and Rocksteady did, Hence Donatello holds Shredder responsible 2 seasons later.
Which episode was that?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:48 PM   #22
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Which episode was that?
Planet of the Turtleoids
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:45 AM   #23
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post

Nick Razhar and Tokka weren't even a duo, and I didn't find them as memorable. They didn't have much character development either despite being threats.
If anything they gave 'Rahzar' too much character development in Nick, starting off as a martial arts Chuck Norris look-alike celebrity, mutating into a dog, and then into a skeletal wolf that's literally 'Rahzar' in name only. I mean, call him what you like... but he just wasn't Rahzar. I mean, sure, we're used to it now, but they honestly could have called him Wolfesbaine or Skelewolf or whatever, and we wouldn't have noticed the difference. Sure, Bradford and Rahzar were both wolves, but they couldn't have been more different. A bulky savage brute in armor compared to a sleek skeletal werewolf ninja. Honestly could have had an all new name and not one person (except maybe Cybercubed) would have demanded this wolf be named Rahzar just because a previous incarnation already made a mutant wolf.

If it's one thing I kinda didn't like about the Nick show was giving some completely different characters the names of older characters that have nothing to do with them just for the hell of it. The worst offenders were Rahzar, Chrome Dome, Hun and the Neutrinos. Hell, I'm surprised they didn't just call Karai Scale Tale and maybe mutate Shinigami into a mole and call her Dirtbag just so that the guys at Nick could be like 'see? see? Another 80's reference!!' Hell, mutate Casey into Groundchuck and then double Ice Cream Kitty into Scratch while you're at it.

To be honest, now that I thought about it.. I am 100% honestly surprised Mikey didn't call Snake Karai Scale Tail. It's exactly the kind of thing Nick would have done. Hell, they could have gone all the way and say Karai was nicknamed 'The Lotus Blossom' back in Japan and say Shinigami's nickname was 'Ninjara' just to cover all their bases.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 12-11-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:38 AM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nick's Rahzar is the best developed Rahzar because he now has a backstory and character rather than...just being a dumb infant mutant wolf (Movie 2), or just being a one-off guest character, as much as I liked him in his 1 ep. They basically took a 1 dimensional character and gave him an actual backstory with Chris Bradford. I can see why they didn't have Tokka on the Shredder minion list because he and Slash would be too similar nowadays. Having two mutant Turtles with spikey shells is overkill.

Nick's Chrome Dome is exactly what Chrome Dome is. A robot who looks like Shredder or an Elite Guard. What else is Chrome Dome supposed to be? He's a robot.

I do agree on Neutrinos (obviously, those were just 3 robot drones), and Hun was too fundamentally different although they kept his rivalry with Casey.

Overall though with few exceptions new series always change characters from past series. Rat King especially is a drastically different character every time we see him. 4kids was a Bishop clone, in Nick he was Dr. Falco, in IDW he's an Immortal God, etc. Rat King is proof you can do the same character in so many different ways.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:59 AM   #25
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I love Rat King's real name in the Nick series, always reminds me of that character from Star Fox.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:02 AM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm still slightly disappointed Groundchuck and Dirtbag never appeared in the Nick cartoon. I know if they appeared they would look totally different than we know them, and probably act completely different...but it would have been interesting to see.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:52 AM   #27
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm still slightly disappointed Groundchuck and Dirtbag never appeared in the Nick cartoon. I know if they appeared they would look totally different than we know them, and probably act completely different...but it would have been interesting to see.
I don't miss them much.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #28
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm more bothered by the other gang members that were mutated alongside Rocksteady/Beebop are never mentioned or given any explanation to what happened to them, they even had cool designs.

Quote:

I'm still bugged to this day that Pizzaface, Wyrm and several others never got an epsiode. Scumbug and Antrax also should have gotten an intro episode before they appeared in Season 7. Especially Scumbug since he apparently met the Turtles off-screen.

At least Wyrm got that 5 second appearance in the commercial, I count that commercial as canon to the OT. Hell that commercial would also gives dirtbag another appearance if we want to count it as canon.

Pizzaface I can live without, so gruesome, I don't even know why I owned the toy.

Scumbug and Anthrax worked fine without an intro episode but yeah an episode would've been nice.

You're forgetting Fugitoid who had a figure early on and there were plenty of Fugitoid like episodes with generic robots, so if they had only changed one of those robots name to Fugitoid it would've given him a nice appearance since one of those generic robot episodes had a similar enough story to Fugitoid.

What makes these characters not having a second appearance or a first appearance hurt is that we had so many generic episodes where they could've easily promoted the toyline in them.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:16 PM   #29
Overlord

Fugitoid could have been made a Neutrino, and we would have that 20-25 years earlier.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #30
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
I'm still bugged to this day that Pizzaface never got an epsiode..
You don't remember "The Secret Ingredient"?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:18 PM   #31
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Nick's Rahzar is the best developed Rahzar because he now has a backstory and character rather than...just being a dumb infant mutant wolf (Movie 2), or just being a one-off guest character, as much as I liked him in his 1 ep. They basically took a 1 dimensional character and gave him an actual backstory with Chris Bradford. I can see why they didn't have Tokka on the Shredder minion list because he and Slash would be too similar nowadays. Having two mutant Turtles with spikey shells is overkill.

Nick's Chrome Dome is exactly what Chrome Dome is. A robot who looks like Shredder or an Elite Guard. What else is Chrome Dome supposed to be? He's a robot.

I do agree on Neutrinos (obviously, those were just 3 robot drones), and Hun was too fundamentally different although they kept his rivalry with Casey.

Overall though with few exceptions new series always change characters from past series. Rat King especially is a drastically different character every time we see him. 4kids was a Bishop clone, in Nick he was Dr. Falco, in IDW he's an Immortal God, etc. Rat King is proof you can do the same character in so many different ways.
It just wasn't Rahzar. Intelligence aside (wether dumb in the movie or smarter in the cartoon) he's supposed to be a mutated wolf, not a mutated human, and definitely not Chuck Norris. That's like making the Turtles cool surfer dudes that turned into mutant turtles. Again, Chris' second design was such a dramatic departure from Rahzar that you could have called him Wolfesbaine or something and no one would have noticed.

Nick's Chrome Dome could have looked like a more updated version of... Chrome Dome, and not like Chris Bradford. And no, he looked Shredder-ish, but not like an Elite Guard. How could he? He was created in the 80's show in which there were no Elite Guards.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 12-12-2017, 08:36 AM   #32
Overlord

In what episode was that "Secret Ingredient"
Old 12-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #33
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
In what episode was that "Secret Ingredient"
It's fan art.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:50 AM   #34
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Pizzaface I can live without, so gruesome, I don't even know why I owned the toy.
The action figure looked cool.l
Old 12-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #35
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It's fan art.
Wow, that's great fan art. It looks exactly like a still from the FW series.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote