The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-08-2014, 01:59 PM   #81
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
That's right. It was an affectionate kiss, but April was meaning it as a thank you. She wasn't doing that to suggest anything. But she was excited about the prospect of finally having her father returned to her so she may have not realized what signals she may be sending.
Despite this, I'm still under the impression that deep down, Donnie knows that there's a strong possibility of his never getting with April since he's a mutant and she's, well human...kind of. In that fungus ep, seems in the beginning, his fear was losing April as a friend first (you know, like her just deciding, "I don't want to be around such a freak") and seemed to show Donnie's insecurity over being a mutant. The whole "romance" thing and her liking Casey better seemed secondary to me. I just feel that he values his friendship with her more than the whole romance thing. Yeah he likes her, but when April was angry with the four of them, he always seemed to go on about wanting her friendship again. I feel that's a good thing...

Bottom line, I think Donnie knows that there's the possibility of having no chance, but can still hope. April is a bit ambiguous. I don't really get the feeling that she likes him in "that way", but if I were to pick which character had a better chance of her maybe falling for between Donnie and Casey, I'd have to say Donnie, especially since he isn't pushy about it like Casey is.

IMO, if Donnie asked her to join him to do something casually, or vice-versa, (like swinging in the park lol), I don't get the impression that there would be a "third wheel" involved.

Last edited by ssjup81; 06-08-2014 at 02:14 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #82
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant

Not sure what I think about these story boards being true. I was pretty sure that this story board was false because of the kiss, and I was pretty sure that the other story boards were false because of how dark it was. But, I was ended up proven wrong, so I don't know ...

I'm not sure what I think of these story boards, if true. It all matters about how it's played out, I guess, and where Donnie and Aprils relationship is in a few episodes.

SewerSirensPodcast@hotmail.com

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #83
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Given how the other storyboard turned out to be true, I wouldn't be surprise if this one turns out the same.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #84
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Bottom line, I think Donnie knows that there's the possibility of having no chance, but can still hope. April is a bit ambiguous. I don't really get the feeling that she likes him in "that way", but if I were to pick which character had a better chance of her maybe falling for between Donnie and Casey, I'd have to say Donnie, especially since he isn't pushy about it like Casey is.

IMO, if Donnie asked her to join him to do something casually, or vice-versa, (like swinging in the park lol), I don't get the impression that there would be a "third wheel" involved.
That would be something that I'd love to see. I think a big part of what's rubbing people the wrong way with the love triangle is that we're basically being shown Donnie crushing on her but there haven't been a lot of moments between them to establish the fact that there is a strong friendship there, much less a rapport.

For my part, I find NickCasey extremely obnoxious, but I think Donnie can do a hell of a lot better than NickApril - so I'm not really invested in whether she ends up with one or the other.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:19 AM   #85
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Reading these again just brings warmth to my heart.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:29 AM   #86
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Given how the other storyboard turned out to be true, I wouldn't be surprise if this one turns out the same.
All signs point to yes...

But is it season 3? Not sure how they can fit this into the next 3 episodes of Season 2 based on the story outlines we have for them.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #87
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Not sure how they can fit this into the next 3 episodes of Season 2 based on the story outlines we have for them.
I think you underestimate their ability to squeeze a bunch of BS into one episode of this fast-paced show.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #88
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
All signs point to yes...

But is it season 3? Not sure how they can fit this into the next 3 episodes of Season 2 based on the story outlines we have for them.
No, it would be Season 2.

There's still 7 episodes left in the season, there's still plenty of time for this to unfold.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:36 PM   #89
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
No, it would be Season 2.

There's still 7 episodes left in the season, there's still plenty of time for this to unfold.
I bet this will probably happen at the end of the Season 2 final.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #90
Allio
Foot Elite

honestly with the whole Donnie/April thing, I don't mind if it becomes canon...heck, they can have a kid for all I care

I mean, if Ever After High - which is a girl's doll franchise - can have

The daughter of The Big Bad Wolf and Little Red Riding Hood -as a main character - why can't Ninja Turtles do it

also

anyone forget this

Last edited by Allio; 06-09-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #91
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Ah yes. One of my favorite moments from Gargoyles!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #92
HayaMika
Random Punk

I don't care if people wanna ship Apritello, Capril, or Capritello or whatever it is they want to ship. I, personally, would love it if they would make none of these ships canon. I am kinda hoping April breaks both Donnie and Casey's hearts (and trust me, that hurts to say since I love Donnie a lot and Casey is growing on me a bit) so the show can get back to working on the story line and not some love triangle. But again, that's just my opinion and I'm not going to bash the show for making any of the ships canon or bash the fans for loving the ships a lot.

just your average cartoons/animation fanatic...

HayaMika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #93
ssjup81
Foot Elite

You know, it's weird. Elise with Goliath, when I originally saw that back then, I didn't blink an eyelid. When younger, I saw Roger Rabbit. I didn't think anything of Roger and Jessica being married.

Donnie and April are nothing by comparison.

Why do we have hang ups over this pair but don't/didn't bat an eyelid to some others? Even I would find it strange if this pair became official.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:30 PM   #94
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
You know, it's weird. Elise with Goliath, when I originally saw that back then, I didn't blink an eyelid. When younger, I saw Roger Rabbit. I didn't think anything of Roger and Jessica being married.

Why do we have hang ups over this pair but don't/didn't bat an eyelid to some others? Even I would find it strange if this pair became official.
because "muh childhood"

heck, Goliath and Elise are confirmed to have raised a child together...adopted, but still
Old 06-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #95
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
because "muh childhood"

heck, Goliath and Elise are confirmed to have raised a child together...adopted, but still
That can apply to Roger Rabbit, but I was in my later teens when I actually started to watch Gargoyles back then. I just didn't think anything of the pairing. The thing on my mind was, "How can she work during the day and still be awake enough to help out the Gargoyles at night?"

That aside, when I saw where they were going with those two, I didn't think one way or the other about it. I was like, "Okay. Oooo, plot!" I just didn't care, I didn't think of it as strange or weird.

Now, with Donnie and April...I don't really have anything against it, 'cept for the lack of development with it, but I'm not really "for" it either. I find it cute at times...but I wouldn't want to go beyond what it already is, I guess. I like the innocence of it and don't want it to go beyond that.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:20 PM   #96
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:

Yeah, I think it's more that we haven't really seen the Turtles in a relationship in any of the cartoons or movies, whereas Elisa and Goliath always had a very close relationship from the get-go and their relationship was alluded to and foreshadowed a lot.

Plus I think you have a much more unquestioning view of the relationships between cartoon characters when we're kids - it's only when you get older that you start questioning things... like why Pluto and Goofy were both dogs, but one was an animal and the other was just a dorky person.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #97
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Yeah, I think it's more that we haven't really seen the Turtles in a relationship in any of the cartoons or movies, whereas Elisa and Goliath always had a very close relationship from the get-go and their relationship was alluded to and foreshadowed a lot.

Plus I think you have a much more unquestioning view of the relationships between cartoon characters when we're kids - it's only when you get older that you start questioning things... like why Pluto and Goofy were both dogs, but one was an animal and the other was just a dorky person.
I guess that could be it, but I blame it mostly on the first reason. Just not used of the turtles being in romantic relationships all that much, especially with "human" characters. I didn't have a prob with Raph x Ninjara for some reason. I didn't think anything of it.

Oh and to be fair, even as a kid I questioned the Pluto/Goofy thing. lol
Old 06-10-2014, 12:03 AM   #98
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

This really just doesn't feel right in my opinion, it was developed all wrong. You got that creepy vibe from Donnie every time his crush April was tipped toed on, than you some times saw an ugly side to him with this.

April is a lot of times the damsel in distress whenever it comes to episodes involving the pairing. Maybe if it was done differently I'd say " Hey great, good for those shippers even though I'm not really a fan of it. " At least it'd be understandable why it happened and I maybe wouldn't find it so creepy.

Also, being a 2003 fan I'm used to Casey x April pairing but meh.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:16 AM   #99
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
This really just doesn't feel right in my opinion, it was developed all wrong. You got that creepy vibe from Donnie every time his crush April was tipped toed on, than you some times saw an ugly side to him with this.

April is a lot of times the damsel in distress whenever it comes to episodes involving the pairing. Maybe if it was done differently I'd say " Hey great, good for those shippers even though I'm not really a fan of it. " At least it'd be understandable why it happened and I maybe wouldn't find it so creepy.

Also, being a 2003 fan I'm used to Casey x April pairing but meh.
yea I agree

if the Donnie and April thing was presented differently I'd be for it....but I just get creepy vibes from Donnie....and April encouraging it with her affections makes me cringe to be honest.

she's obviously into Casey....it just seems like she's leading both boys on...and it feels wrong.

but that's me.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:16 AM   #100
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
I don't think it's creepy. The producers of the Show have stated that Donnie is like Spock in many ways. Because Spock is highly intellectual but every so often the side of him that is human will appear.

April is literally the only female anything he has ever encountered in his life. And since he has been living his entire life with four other male persons, he has no real idea how to act around a girl or deal . So yeah he comes across as creepy, but that's really not intentional. And he also learns what sort of behaviors April appreciates and doesn't and adapts so he isn't doing something that weirds her out. So antics we've seen early on in the series aren't repeated later.

Also as much as Donnie does love April, and would love it if she chooses him to be her consort. He doesn't want to push things farther then she's comfortable with, so he doesn't claim her as his girl friend because she hasn't acknowledged that is something she wants. And some episodes such as Mutagen Man unleashed and Target: April O'Neil have suggested that he knows that because of what he is April would more then likely never choose to be with him. That isn't going to stop himself from fighting for her affections, but if push comes to shove. He'd rather remain apart of her life, then lose her forever.

Casey on the other hand it more pushy on the subject. He likes April, but his attitude is more "People are going to see us together and believe were a couple. Lets prove 'em right." I think Casey may have legitimately needed to use a tutor so he can remain on the schools hocky-team. But I think he also wanted her as a tutor because he may have seen her at school and liked her, but guys like him normally don't approach girls like her without giving the wrong impression. So when he saw she was offering to tutor he was like "Yes, this is the perfect chance to get to spend time with April O'Neil."

April in turn has grown to love Donnie and Casey as friends, and brother figures. And in a way she has grown to love them as more then that. She can't choose between them, because both of them complete her. That and the fact she really isn't all that interested in having a boy friend. Most of the time, she has other things on her mind such as school, her father when he was captured and later when he was mutated. Helping her friends defeat the Foot, and discovering more about why the Kraang want her. That's why she brings Irma along with them on outings, so Casey can't assume she's interesting in him as more then a friend. With Donnie there is no real point in getting a third wheel involved because he already has three of them.

During the time she hated the turtles for her father's mutation. As much as she was telling herself it was for the best that she not associate with them any more. There were moments where she sounded like she had to convince herself that was the best decision. However in Target: April O'Neil after Casey repeats the same statement Donnie had told her. She realizes he's is needlessly pushing someone she cared about, simply for caring about her and wanting to make sure she was alright.

Tags
april o'neil, donatello