The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #21
snake
Disgusting

I love it, he's clearly the best Donatello.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #22
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

I think Rob does a really good job as Donnie. It never really bugged me knowing he did Raph's voice in the OT.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #23
kolaida
Foot Soldier

I love his voice. It doesn't jar me at all (only Mikey's voice was slightly jarring to me a few times, but I got it over it). I think it's great and fits the characters well.
kolaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #24
tylerdavies
Thug

I think he's great. simple as that
tylerdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #25
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I don't really like Rob Paulsen as Donnie. His voice is too high-pitched for me, and his tone(as Don) is immature. This is only my opinion though.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Its hard to listen to because he is the definitive Raphael for me so hearing his voice come out of a different turtle is disorienting no matter how long its been into the series. I doubt I am alone in this.
Really? I don't even think about Raphael at all when hearing Donnie talk in Nick. He sounds completely different.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #27
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I still wish they had gone with someone else, but I live with it.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:22 AM   #28
Shark_Blade
Emperor

He's perfect as Donnie.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #29
billbot85
Mad Scientist

I think Rob Paulsen great as Donnie! I don't even think of OT Raph when I hear him talking as Donnie, even though Paulsen has such a distinct voice. As other members here have mentioned before, he's made such a new and distinct character out of him, and I can't imagine anyone else doing a better job.

In short, Rob Paulsen rocks!

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #30
cryan
Stone Warrior

You do have to remember that both characters are different. This is the first time Paulsen as Donnie ever used Techno jargon. The one scene I like is when April is throwing cans of salt so Donnie can stop the worm.

Last edited by cryan; 03-27-2014 at 07:03 PM.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #31
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryan View Post
You do have to remember that both characters are different. This is the first time Paulsen as Donnie ever used Techno jargon. The one sense I like is when April is throwing cans of salt so Donnie can stop the worm.
Really, because I think Donatello in this version is just like OT Raph in personality. But, like I said, Raphael became my favorite in the OT, and probably for that reason, his sarcasm and wit, and the mood suits this Donnie just fine.

Last edited by Warhorse; 03-22-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #32
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

As others have said, originally I was thinking it would be off, but he absolutely KILLS it as Don.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #33
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I think he makes me enjoy the show 50% more, since he is such a great Don, more so than Raph tbh.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #34
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Here's one of my fave exchanges between Don and Raph:

Raph: Go for the head.

Don: I just did!

Raph: Do it better.

Don: Great. Two times in a row. He'll never see THAT coming!

And I also love it when Don's under pressure and starts yelling at the others. Rob does a great job with that.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #35
Karai Samurai
Foot Soldier

I randomly watched a few clips of OT on Youtube and I can hear the resemblance between OT Raph and Nick's Donnie. Paulsen just does Donnie's voice in a higher pitch and with a more animated tone. Still, he does a great job as Donatello. Spazzy Donnie is the best ("It's a kraang sweet sixteen birthday party - how am I supposed to know?") and Paulsen's voice is part of the reason why everyone loves Donatello.

Karai Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #36
fridaynightdestination
Banned

He does a great job! I like his Donnie voice, it fits Donnie's face and personality, and he does a great job voice acting. This is the best Donnie.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #37
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Everyone here's pretty much hit the nail on the head already, though all I can say is I'm really hoping at some point they show the 80s TMNT again just so we can see the interaction between Fred Wolf Raphael and Nickelodeon Donatello we were promised.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:36 PM   #38
Warhorse
Emperor

I think one of Raphael's most iconic line in the OT was the "Does go suck a lemon mean anything to you?" and it would be nice for Donnie to quip that out.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:33 AM   #39
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Rob Paulsen has been a phenomenal Donatello. It was a surprise to me just how different he makes Donatello and Raphael feel. In Wormquake his Raphael had a distinctly different tone than his Donatello and to me that shows just how amazing an actor he is.

This Donatello is a smart guy but he's also a smart-ass and a hopeless romantic and those are two levels of the character that he can bring to life. He's also quite apt at screaming which seems to be something this Donatello ends up doing a lot.

Rob Paulsen has said he considers himself a better actor today than he was 20 years ago and it shows. I'd argue he could probably voice the Fred Wolf Raphael even better now but I prefer Raphael to be closer to Mirage. Donatello falls into the smart-ass role very well when given the opportunity. The first movie is an excellent example and if there was one thing I would have changed about Donatello in the 2003 series, is he'd be a lot more sarcastic. With the 2012 series I get a sarcastic Donatello who is more than a little high strung and it works beautifully.

I never doubted Rob Paulsen could deliver as Donatello but I never could have expected just how amazing his performance turned out.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:32 AM   #40
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

As for me, I think Rob Paulsen does a great job as Donatello, possibly because he's been in the TMNT business for a while now. His Donatello is one of the most relatable. His version of the turtle matches Rob's sensabilities to the point where I can see the two becoming one. I think the difference is that his Raph voice is bit deeper while his Don voice is a bit higher pitch. I loved him as Raphael but he fits Donatello more, especially these days. Even though my favorite voice actor for Don is Sam Regal, I still think Rob is a great fit for Donatello.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
donatello, rob paulsen