The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-25-2020, 06:47 PM   #81
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
To be fair, while mocap has less artistry to it (at least in the same sense), it does at least capture realistic movement and facial expressions which makes it less creepy (unnnnless there is an uncanny valley issue that bugs people). I assume that puppets risk having a bit of a "dead-eyed possessed doll come to life nightmare fuel" thing about them for some people who can't look past it.

Personally, I enjoy both and appreciate the artistry and effort put into the Jim Henson Studio's work as well as the ability for CGI and mocap to create enough realism to make fictional characters believable.

I keep looking for Netflix to note that a new season will be happening for this... Surely it will continue.
I think it will be called "Attack of the Garthim"
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:28 PM   #82
newfan
Mad Scientist

This show has been cancelled.
https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status...38866717515776
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:35 AM   #83
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Real shame, cancelled one of the best shows going today.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:40 AM   #84
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Me, this "Dark Crystal is cancelled!" news is surprising to me. Not because I didn't see it coming or it blindsided me or anything... but because I never even assumed for a second that it was anything other than basically a one and done mini-series. I never thought a "Season 2" was ever even on the books.

I mean, if it was and THAT'S what they were trying to do (start a whole multi-season thing) then that makes me sad. This got a lot of publicity and puppet stuff isn't exactly prevalent anymore. I just never thought it was intended as that for a second.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-23-2020 at 12:45 AM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 06:06 PM   #85
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Well, there WAS quite a bit more to the story in the novel version of this, so there's that. But yeah, finally got a chance to watch it, and OMG AMAZING!! I was a bit surprised at how dark and intense it was, and some of the graphic scenes were worse than the movie. The best parts to me were Deet's friendship with Hup, and Brea. Brea, Deet, a d Hup were my three favorites, though I was happy to see Aughra, the Chamberlain and Scientist having such big roles. Loved Rian and Tavra, too, and so much of this was just incredibly well done! A shame it was canceled, especially the very day it won an Emmy.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote