The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Palblog's lack of activity

Why do you think PL has posted less and less on his blog lately? Both his "real life" and "TMNT" blogs barely get any new posts nowadays:

http://plairdblog.blogspot.com/

He always used to post interesting stuff, as well as a lot of TMNT tidbits and behind the scenes stuff we didn't know about before. I have a theory that Leonard Nimoy's death really depressed him being the big Star Trek fan that he is, and that's why he's not that enthused anymore.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:48 PM   #2
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Honestly, I think it's time we let the poor guy move on with his life. He clearly doesn't care much for the TMNT in any way shape or form at this point. If he ever does decide to come back and finish what he started with Volume 4 then great, but it's gotta be on his terms. Lets all respect the man's privacy.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:29 PM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why do you think PL has posted less and less on his blog lately? Both his "real life" and "TMNT" blogs barely get any new posts nowadays:

http://plairdblog.blogspot.com/

He always used to post interesting stuff, as well as a lot of TMNT tidbits and behind the scenes stuff we didn't know about before. I have a theory that Leonard Nimoy's death really depressed him being the big Star Trek fan that he is, and that's why he's not that enthused anymore.
Except he slowed down months before Nimoy died. I think it's either extreme apathy or declining health... the guy is pretty old comparatively speaking.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:35 AM   #4
Ryan.
Thug

Declining health? Pretty old? The guy is 61 and has given no indication one way or another about his health. He's also appearing at Shellback in a few weeks so his apathy can't be that extreme.

Maybe he just hasn't felt like posting. It happens.
Ryan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:43 AM   #5
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

He actually answered a response about his opinion on the new show after watching the first season.

I have only watched the first season, and wish I had made notes about it when I watched it, as I don't remember very much about it (except that I really don't want to have to watch it again to do a comprehensive review... which may say a lot about my overall feelings about the new show).

I think my basic response to it was that it had a lot of charm, with some annoying elements (one of which was the herky-jerky videogame action-style fighting moves of the Turtles... maybe it's my older eyes, but it really started to bug me, the way they move when they fight, especially in distance shots).

I also have some design issues with some of the characters; some of what has been done with them is just not to my taste.

But, by and large, I found it entertaining. Of course, even given that, I haven't watched any more of the show... so what does that say? -- PL

Link: http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....l#comment-form
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:29 AM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan. View Post
Declining health? Pretty old? The guy is 61 and has given no indication one way or another about his health. He's also appearing at Shellback in a few weeks so his apathy can't be that extreme.

Maybe he just hasn't felt like posting. It happens.
Compared to Eastman.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:17 AM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

He sold the property, so obviously he felt like it was time to let it go. Plus, he must be retired by now and probably dedicates his time to his family.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 01:45 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
He sold the property, so obviously he felt like it was time to let it go. Plus, he must be retired by now and probably dedicates his time to his family.
He retired a while ago, and his daughter is all grown up and in College. Mostly he seems to blog photo's of nature, or taking pictures of animals/trees/snow, etc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, cybercubed-esque