The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 09:01 AM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Let's make our own top 5 episodes lists according to categories

Well seeing as how the IGN top 10 list has everybody talking on what they themselves would put in such a list I figured it to be fun to start a thread where we indeed make our own lists but according to categories and limited to only five because I know how difficult compiling a list is.

The categories are.

- Best fight
- Best overall episode
- Best Leonardo episode
- Best Donatello episode
- Best Michelangelo episode
- Best Raphael episode
- Funniest episode
- Best villain episode
- Best left alone and forgotten about episode

I'll start threads for each category.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 03-15-2019 at 12:06 PM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:07 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post

I'll start threads for each category.
... Or, just listen to this, we keep it to one thread. That way people won't get confused, having 10 threads created for the same purpose at the same time will be a cluster****.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:34 AM   #3
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
... Or, just listen to this, we keep it to one thread. That way people won't get confused, having 10 threads created for the same purpose at the same time will be a cluster****.
You're right. Let's do that.

Here's my top five episodes that center on our leader in blue.

5. It came from the woods.
This episode belongs in this list because it shows Leonardo pretty seriously busted up and despite his very long lasting injuries, still having to be able to step up to the plate and lead the team into battle.

4. I think his name is Baxter Stockman
This one should be in the list because it shows Leo as the 15 year old Space heroes fanboy who disobeys his Sensei's orders. There aren't many episodes where Leo is seen as a stumbling teenage boy who makes a fool of himself with his ridiculous battle cries. This episode shows Leo at his most innocent.

3. Owari
And talk about a difference from the number four entry. There's very little left of the happy-go-lucky Leo, in his place stands a battle hardened warrior who carries the burdon of having to take Splinter's place as the Sensei.

2. New girl in town.
This one belongs here because of how it shows how the others still don't respect him as the leader of the team. And how it shows and as Raphael finds out, there's so much more that comes with leading the team than just shouting orders. I love the pairing of Leo and Karai, mostly because it never felt forced, the way they banter, the way they move around each other is the most believable of all the pairings from the series. This episode also stands out because it shows Leo being tempted to go evil.

1. The Invasion
It couldn't have been another one, the way Leo took on the Foot clan and bested them in spite of enormous odds. And then that moment out of the Mirage comics when his broken and battered body is flung through the window of April's house, that is such an epic moment.

Honorable mention: Vengeance is mine.
This is the episode in which we actually see the change of the "I believe his name is Baxter Stockman" Leo into the Leo in "The invasion" that moment in which Karai mutates and him being powerless to stop it happening.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 03-15-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:46 PM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

- Best fight: Showdown.

The first time Splinter and Shredder fought was absolutely breath-taking.

The stakes were pretty high, and the reveal of Karai being Splinter's daughter, only intensified the fight all the more.

- Best overall episode: Showdown.

Every season finale in the series has been great and memorable in its own right.

But none holds a special place in my heart like the first.

- Best Michelangelo episode: Journey to the Center of Mikey's Mind

Just a great episode overall.

I don't know about others, but I thought it was a lot of fun seeing Mikey's imagination.

- Best Raphael episode: Raphael Mutant Apocalypse 3 parter

Raphael was an absolute badass in this particular special.

Sporting a beard, being much bigger, and always on the edge of survival, I loved his depiction in this.

The absolute highlight was his fight with Maximus Kong, and restoring him back to Leonardo.

- Funniest episode: Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady 3 parter

The 2012 series had some great humour.

But when two of the biggest comedy immortals guest star on your show, you know you have to step aside.

1987 Shredder and Krang were absolutely brilliant, and stole the show whenever they appeared.

- Best villain episode: The Wrath of Tiger Claw.

Just goes on to establish what a great villain Tiger Claw was.

He managed to beat all four turtles, we got to see some pretty sweet flashbacks of his travels, and he is angrier than ever this time.

- Best left alone and forgotten about episode: Mazes and Mutants.

I remember being so un-interested when this episode aired, when I am usually so excited at a new 2012 episode.

I just wanted it to end so we could get a new episode involving the Foot, or the Kraang.

Even though the story is different, its nothing special.

Just a fat kid who got mutated into a bird, then puts the turtles into a game where they are in cheesy knight costumes or something.

Will update with Leonardo and Donatello episodes later

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:31 PM   #5
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Here's my top five Best left alone and forgotten about episodes.

Every series has stinkers and filler and TMNT 2012 was no exception.

5. A China town ghost story.
This was was just corny and ridiculous, the reason why it's on the lowest of my list is that I loved it because of "Big trouble in little China" being one of my all time favorite movies. And seeing Mikey's belch send him flying off several miles is still funny.

4. A Foot too big.
The Turtles meeting Bigfoot who turns out to be a girly girl underneath that hair. But as stupid as it was, I still laughed at the training sessions and Raph having to clean out the tub after Bigfoot "Made waste."

3. Eyes of the Chimera
Okay, we have a bird, who caught a fish who just ate a worm being splashed with mutagen which fused all three together and that said creature then gets a psychic connection to April? Nope it still doesn't work for me.

2. Insecta trifecta.

Major gross out with Scumbug using his ass to shoot webs and what the hell was Baxter Stockman thinking with capturing Karai and Leo and NOT taking their weapons away? Come on, the first thing you do is make sure that your prisoners don't have weapons on them, Karai's tanto and Leo's katana blades were left with their respective owners. What did that episode accomplish in the overall story line anyway?

1. Mazes and Mutants.
Enough said.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #6
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I definetly agree with you on "Mazes and Mutants" being the absolute worst.

Whie I enjoy "Chinatown Ghost Story", and "A Foot Too Big" episodes for being fun and corny, they are not my ideal type of episodes in the 2012 series.

"Insectia Trifecta" and "Eye of the Chimera" weren't bad in my opinion, and certainly not as forgettable as "Mazes and Mutants", I still found myself not enjoying those episodes as much and looking forward to the next ones more.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:48 PM   #7
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Here's my top five for Best overall episode.

This is the list for the episodes which had it all, good interaction, humor, drama and a killer fight.

5. When Worlds collide
I'll include this one not just because it has some bad ass action but also it shows us how the Turtles and their girlfriends live their life after Splinter's death. It shows them in a serene state. It also shows us how much Dimension X has changed since the defeat of Kraang Prime. I love Raph here, acting like a teenybopper girl when Mona appears again. Electric Mikey was awesome as was Bishop who even when his Kraang droid was stripped from its flesh and clothes, managed to pull out a pair of sunglasses and look all smooth. Before Raph punched his head off.

4. Spirit quest
No brainer, this one HAS to be in this list. The whole Mirage thing with the deer and the appearing of Splinter's spirit was cool, the outfits were bad ass and their respective fights were a perfect closer for the Northampton saga.

3. Showdown
Oh boy, this one is hard to top and yet it is on the third place. "Showdown" was awesome, killer fights, relentless drama, Splinter finding out to his horror that his missing daughter is very much alive but she was raised by Shredder. The euphoric victory, the celebrations, it just had it all.

2. The Gauntlet
But as much as "Showdown" delivered, this episode ranks above it.
- It had a higher humor rate: Donnie and April arguing about her being good bait for Pigeon Pete and the other turtles "Ooh-ing" when Donnie gets in a good dig at her.
- The advent of Ninja smoke bombs and the way Michelangelo used one to retrieve Splinter.
- April's father sacrificing himself so that the Kraang plot to blow up a mutagen bomb could be stopped.
- The fight against Bradford and Xever while dismantling that Mutagen bomb, Donnie was almost breaking under the stress.
- The fight against Shredder, with each part of the scene he shows just how much he owns the Turtles here, that slow panning across which shows how battered the boys got in that fight. That fight was so dark and awesome.
- Xever and Bradford mutated and the Former begging for help since he can no longer breathe air.
- Splinter declaring that they are at war, this was the first time where the Turtles came back home after a fight but lost that said fight.

1. Invasion
Okay "Showdown" is an episode which had it all but "Invasion" had it all and then some. The humor came from Raph and Casey. The drama came from Irma revealing herself to Kraang Subprime. The way Leo took on the Foot and bested them before being struck down by Shredder, following that, the fight of Splinter versus Shredder where Leatherhead comes to Splinter's aid. The Turtle mech in action and not being strong enough to defeat Kraang prime. There are many parallels between "Showdown" and "Invasion" but the biggest difference was that the Turtles lost and were forced to retreat.
Also the fact that Karai saved Splinter from drowning was sweet.

Honorable mention: TCRI
After "The Gauntlet" it took a while since we again got an action filled epic episode. This one surely delivered, Leatherhead's fight scenes were awesome, April's remark of sending the Turtles and Leatherhead in a box special delivery was funny. Gotto love that look on Leo's face after she said it "Send us special delivery eh?" The fights against the Kraang and Traag were fantastic and Mikey going "What are they going to do, mutate the whole planet so they can live here and we can't?" which made the others go "That is INDEED their plan!" It's not on the list because there wasn't as FULL ON as "The Gauntlet". But I can still love that Kraang trying out Mikey's nunchucks and hitting himself rather painfully in the head.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:30 AM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Annihilation: Earth

No mention of Annihilation: Earth yet?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:30 PM   #9
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
No mention of Annihilation: Earth yet?
What's keeping you?

Anyway, here's my list for the top five best Villains episodes.

This one has several honorable mentions because there were multiple episodes which showed our bad guys being more than just bad guys.

5. Invasion.
This one shows both the Kraang and the Foot Clan at their most evil, the fight scenes were amazing, Rahzar howling at the sky, Shredder and Splinter duking it out and the Turtle mech taking on Kraang Prime. This was also the episode where the good guys were so badly beaten that they actually had to flee the city.

4. I, Monster
Got to include an episode with the Rat King, "Of Rats and men" would have been my second choice but it has to be the one where he actually possesses Splinter and have him fight the Turtles because it shows for the very first time how formidable a fighter Splinter really is.

3. The four fold trap
It is debatable on if somebody gets a brain worm, how much of their true personality remains but in Karai's case, she became very cruel and sadistic, way more than she was in episodes such as "Enemy of my enemy." The way she had a very specific trap for each one of the turtles and how she masterminded the whole thing DOES show a lot of her character. But if Raphael's experience with brain worms is anything to go by, the person remembers everything they did after the brain worm's spell has been broken. The way Karai looks after puking the said thing out says it all.

2. Requiem
Super Shredder at his worst. This episode was just FULL ON, from the moment that Super Shredder was training and killed an analog Karai to test if he had any emotional reactions, to him actually taking on the real Karai and beating her into the hospital and taunting her that she would die the same way her mother did. And of course that moment when he murders Splinter.

1. Tale of the Yokai
And speaking about that moment when Karai's mother died. This episode is my number one because it shows the human side of Shredder. The broken brotherhood, the way Saki and Yoshi interacted. And the fact that when Shredder is pushed too far he'll go into a berserker state. He'll just slash around and notices too late that in his blind rage killed the one person who could have brought him back down to earth. Shredder is remorseful about having things get so out of hand and vows to raise little Miwa to at least have some kind of redemption.

And now for the Honorable Mentions, that would be a second top five because it doesn't show the bad guys at their most evil but reveal a lot about what kind of people we're dealing with.

5. New Friend, Old enemy
This episode which debuted Chris Bradford and Xever Montez, establishes one of the key things about the Foot clan in the 2012 series: They do NOT get along, team work is a concept alien to them. Another thing this episode clears up is how The Foot clan legitimizes their activities: through Bradford's celebrity status, his dojos and his TV series which bring in a lot of money and also bring in plenty of willing youth who want to be trained to be Foot soldiers, such as Timothy. Also, gotto love that moment when Splinter recognizes the move Bradford taught Mikey.

4. Newtralized
Not just for being the episode which had Slash turn over a new leaf when faced with the sheer insanity which was Newtralizer's plan to blow the whole city "To rokka-rokka" But also because it showed the Kraang in a different light: here they were giving each other thumbs up and high fiving when the new weapon test was successful. "That is what is known as awesome!"

3. Baxter's gambit
As I said before, the members of the Foot clan do NOT get along. Baxter Stockman always ends up on the short end of the stick, so to have him take advantage of his "Maze of doom" to not only take out the Turtles but Bradford and Xever as well was to be expected. But this episode also shows the respect that Raph and Xever have for each other, they might be enemies but they actually have more in common with each other than Xever has with Bradford.

2. Serpent hunt
The recurring theme with the Foot Clan is that they do not get along and only begrudgingly work together. The way Anton Zeck made use to of Xever and Bradford's animosity to steal their bike and Karai and made fools of them was funny. And later during the harbor fight when Xever remarks to Zeck that "You talk too much and that says a lot coming from ME!" before taking him out was a well deserved revenge. As was that scene in which Zeck and Sterenko are about to mutated, Xever and Bradford are enjoying the thing with so much glee, knowing full well on how painful the mutation is and how hideous the two will end up looking.

1. The legend of the Kuro Kabuto
I said it before, I'll say it again, the members of the Foot Clan do NOT get along so to have an episode where they are talking to each other casually and we get to see what makes them tick was a welcome addition to what we already know about them. Tiger Claw and Rahzar might be cat and dog but they both agree that their business relationship is more important than any animosity that their respective species have with each other. And that they both hate Fishface. This episode also shows that even Shredder has a sense of humor, making good used of the fact that the Turtles were gullible enough to believe that he actually would return Karai to them.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 03-18-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:11 AM   #10
Overlord

Season finales

Ranking of season finales

1. The Invasion (Season 2)

2. Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady (Season 5)

2. Annihilation: Earth! (Season 3)

3. Showdown (Season 1)

4. Owari (Season 4)
Old 03-18-2019, 07:01 PM   #11
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

- Best Fight:

The Gauntlet or The Pig and the Rhino. The latter's climax is insanely fun and a lot of that absolutely has to do with it taking place in an abandoned amusement park. I included the former for the stakes and emotion surrounding its climax. Not only is it an unforgettable moment when Shredder makes his surprise appearance, but the fight that comes after is just brutal. No shock value, just The Shredder showing what he's capable of in the most effective way.

- Best Overall Episode:

Panic in the Sewers. It serves as a perfect follow-up to the events of the preceding episode, each character acting how you'd expect them to act given the circumstances. This ep also brings some of my favorite bits in the entire show ("how hard can it be to hit the ground?" gets me every time). I especially like how low-key the episode is in comparison to The Gauntlet. They didn't try to top themselves, they not only allowed the audience a breather after the high emotions from the last episode, but they let it flow as its own episode.

- Best Leonardo Episode:

The Invasion. While not necessarily a Leo story, his subplot in this ep is hard to forget, and is probably the defining moment for the character. He spends most of the episode away from the rest of the cast in order to protect the family, only to fall into Shredder's trap. Through the fight scene that ensues, we watch just how much Leo will fight to protect his family. Even if it means facing an endless line of robotic Foot ninjas and Shredder's entire line of henchmen in one fail swoop, he will put an end to Shredder's revenge plot. This, ironically enough, ultimately become his downfall. But it's a signaling moment in the series where Leo went from boy who was named leader to true valiant leader.

- Best Donatello Episode:

Mutagen Man Unleashed. They killed this arc before it could get a proper conclusion, but I think leaving this as the final Timothy episode actually leaves it with a sad connotation it wouldn't otherwise have. Mutagen Man was Donnie's responsibility, and in the end he couldn't control him and the monster ended up representing a physical form of Donnie's toxic thoughts. This experience helped him grow as a character and though it took his biggest failure to realize his own shortcomings, it's all the more effective.

- Best Raphael Episode:

Slash and Destroy. Speaking of Season 2 episodes where a monstrous being takes on the physical form of a character's most toxic thoughts... this episode is fundamentally similar to Unleashed, but we're delving into two completely different characters between these. In this episode, Raph's pet turtle Spike, who he's spent a season telling all his intense feelings to, gets mutated and begins brutally beating the other brothers one-by-one. The icing on the cake for me is the absolute pure delight Slash receives from finally getting a good hit in on Leo ("been looking forward to that for a looooong time..."). In the end, Raph has to face his own demons to save his family, and by the end of the episode, he's closer to them. It's legitimately very touching, and it sucks that the dynamic between Raph and Slash was quickly undermined later in the season ("I wasn't right in the head then"? Please).

- Best Michelangelo Episode:

It Came From the Depths. While Mikey has had his fair share of good episodes centered on him, none come close to this one for me. One of the few of these types of episodes to center on an aspect of Mikey's character aside from his less-than-stellar intelligence, Mikey's compassion is brought out in full force. He's able to put himself in the shoes of this 10-foot-tall brutal reptilian monster and it really puts on display what he brings to family. He's essentially the glue that holds the family together. This is also still the only piece of TMNT media outside of comics I've seen in which they bring that out.

- Funniest Episode:

- Mousers Attack. There just isn't another answer. This episode's entire purpose might as well be to have the best bits in the entire show. It doesn't bother with much of a story, the entire ep is boiled down to "they try to get a phone," but it's what they do with that premise that makes it so fun. The B-team banter features some of my favorite moments between the four brothers and the fact that Donnie could've just given April a T-phone the entire time and prevented a whole fiasco from happening is downplayed but is equally as funny to me.

- Best Villain Episode:

The Invasion. What better episode to call my favorite villain episode than the one where they win? They do win in future episodes, but each villain gets their time to shine in this one, and this truly was the first ep where the villains won above all else. The Kraang launch a successful invasion, Sub-Prime reveals himself as being Irma the whole season, Kraang Prime shows up in its giant metal armor, Shredder nearly kills Splinter, lures Leo into a trap, and lets Tiger Claw, Bradford, and Xever finish the rest.

- Best Left-Alone-and-Forgotten-About Episode:

Earth's Last Stand. This show has a lot of these episodes imo, particularly post-Season 2. While I could mention something like A Foot Too Big, Wyrm, or Heart of Evil (whose best quote is proudly enshrined in my signature), Earth's Last Stand gets it for me because it was the build-up of fifteen episodes, and all we got was a grandfather paradox that would realistically cause the entire timeline to collapse in on itself. The episode itself isn't that well-written either. Leo wouldn't charge directly at certain death knowing full well that everyone would be fine otherwise. The Fugitoid's death was handled in a fairly unemotional, unceremonious way. Not that that was the point or anything, the show tries to play it up like it means something. It sure doesn't feel like it. The whole episode, and by extension the space arc, just feels like a bad fever dream. But this one really sold it, since because of it the entire show shouldn't even exist now.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:52 PM   #12
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Well then let's continue with my top five episodes of our resident hot-head.

5. When World's collide
What I love about Raphael and Mona Lisa is that the roles are reversed, Raph is the girlfriend in that relationship, I picked this double episode because it shows how different each relationship of the turtles with their respective girlfriend is. Donnie and April just enjoy each other's company, Leo and Karai display affection with their blades and their equally sharp banter and Mikey and Renet is just the most innocent puppy love you can imagine. But I also chose this episode because it shows Raph taking control and coming up with a plan to get lord Dregg to leave earth, a STUPID plan but a plan regardless. Plus him decapitating Bishop was so satisfying to see.

4. New Girl in town.
This episode was one which showed some major changes in Raphael's personality as he realizes that leadership is about more than just barking orders. He freezes as the realization hits him how heavy the burden of leadership truly is, the moment where he stands there completely out of options after Mikey is struck down is such a powerful moment. Subsequent episodes show him with a new respect for Leo but it still has Raph bicker with him over Karai and the former's affinity toward her.

3. Turtle Temper
When the turtles got mutated, they got their human side from either Splinter or the clerk of the pet shop where they were bought, either way from humans who touched them beforehand. But when Master Splinter told Raph about the showdown between him and Shredder, it left no doubt that Splinter's DNA manifested itself in Raph's explosive personality, which was confirmed in "Tales of the Yokai." The bonding moment between Raph and Splinter is such a cool moment. I already pointed out that with Mona Lisa, Raph is pretty much the girl, the training scene in this episode already shows glimpses of that: as the others are shooting arrows at him while also shooting insults at him; Raph goes off like a 13 year old girl throwing a tantrum. And what's not to love about that declaration that Raph has Mikey say

2. Carmageddon
Oh boy, that episode was glorious, I still think that ending the show with the Mutant apocalypse special was a mistake, certainly since it kept so much loose ends left untied. But that fight between Raph and Leo was just so epic, and look at how Raph had developed, this "Old man Logan" version of Raph was just so cool.

1. Slash and destroy
Do I really need to explain this one? The emotions of Donnie as he feels so bad for nearly blowing up Spike, the pleading eyes of Mikey when he's so worried about Donnie gone missing and that look of reassurance that Raph gives Mikey "It's okay, we'll find him, don't worry." And then that look of sheer horror when Slash bashes Mikey with his morning star. The whole fight between Raph and Slash revolves around the fact that Raph always vented his frustrations about his brothers to Spike and that now has given Slash a reason to take the other turtles out. Raph learns to be very careful of what he says and to whom he says it to. And finally, that look of loss when we see Raph holding that final leaf of lettuce that Spike was eating before the mutation happened, he misses his buddy.

Honorable mention: The Pulverizer.
Well truth to be said, this was a Donnie centric episode but it contains some of the funniest Raphael moments from the entire series. The way he reacts when the Shellraiser arrives, his conspiracy voice when he explains to the Pulverizer who the Kraang are and the whole scene of him hallucinating after Fishface bit him. "Yeah I'm fine, I love you."
Old 03-27-2019, 08:29 AM   #13
newfan
Mad Scientist

With the Turtles best eps, some will share the same ep where the story is big and they've all stepped up.
Not got my top 5 for everything figured about but going on other comments:

Leo: Agreed with some of Leo's like Invasion and Owari (though Owari goes out to more than just Leo)
Raphs: Agreed with Slash and Destroy and the MA.

Best fight: Showdown, I found Shredder and Splinter impressive in their fights scenes, all the more with each other, with the feud there too.
I liked the forgotten swordsman fight scene as a mention too.

Eps: hard to get down to 5 but Invasion is certainly there.

Forgettable eps: Mutants and mazes as some have said. The Napoleon ep and Mikey pizza face. I don't re-watch the space ones much, one or two there might make my list.

Funny: I think his name is Baxter Stockman was one I liked.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:51 AM   #14
Overlord

Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
The Turtles meeting Bigfoot who turns out to be a girly girl underneath that hair.
Doesn't the entire Bigfoot myth belong more to the Pacific Northwest rather than New England?
Old 03-27-2019, 09:22 AM   #15
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Let's all have a laugh, here's my top five for the funniest episodes.

5. A foot too big
Sure I also put this one in my worst episodes list. But I still laugh out loud at the training sessions, the mention of "Spiders so big, they're playing the banjo.", normal daily life with a Big Foot in your house. April doing the make over and Raph having to clean out the tub after Big Foot "Made waste."

4. Mousers attack!
- Donnie's schemes and Mikey naming each of them.
Leo: You were right, we have to beat those things on our own if it kills us.
Raph: Err...
Leo: Okay wrong choice of words...
- Baxter Stockman joins the Foot clan. And the first task he gets is to hack into April's telephone using a laptop which apparently still has Windows 98 on it.

3. The Pulverizer
As the song "Pretty fly for a white guy" by The Offspring says "The world loves wannabe's" and Timothy clearly is one of those wannabe's that song is about. Donatello in general is the most mellow of the turtles but note his facial expressions as he tries to train Timothy, he grows more and more frustrated until he finally explodes at the end of the episode. But that isn't the only thing that made that episode funny: the guys having a good time in the Shellraser. The guys laughing at Fishface and the scene where a poisoned Raph starts to hallucinate are just so funny.

2. I think his name is Baxter Stockman
This one belongs in the list not only because it shows how hopeless Baxter Stockman is at being a super villain but also because it show the Turtles at their most child like and innocent, they defy Splinter's orders and pay dearly for doing so. I love that sadistic smile on Splinter's face before he brings out his wooden sword at the very end of the episode so he can pound them into the ground again.

1. Journey to the Center of Mikey's Mind
Gotto love an episode which shows just how childlike and innocent Michelangelo really is. His different personality traits and his deepest feelings. The fact that Renet is represented as being as tall as a sky scraper shows how much she really made an impact with him. Plus you gotto love an episode which sees Captain Ryan and Dash sharing a toast.

Honorable mention. Baxter's gambit.
The fact that the members of the Foot clan can't get along makes the interaction between them so funny. April trying out weapons was a funny scene, certainly when she nearly broke her spine trying to lift that huge Mace. This episode also shows for the very first time a serious conversation between Raph and Xever. But all things considered, Dogpound and Fish face and the turtles being too tired to continue their fight and Donatello explaining how that device goes "Shweee-choo-pop!" at the beginning of the episode was just pure slap stick.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 04-15-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:43 PM   #16
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Let's have the top five episodes for our lovable but extremely talented goofball.

5. Into Dimension X
"In crazy backwards land, crazy backwards guy is king." This episode reminded me a lot of the "Masters of the universe" episode "Trouble in Trolla" where we get to see Orko's home world. Many of the laws of nature, physics, and magic are reversed on Trolla: trees grow upside down, fish fly like birds, fire-rays shoot water and Orko's normally weak, bumbling and disastrous magic is powerful and reliable. Much like Orko on Trolla, when in Dimension X, Mikey becomes a bad ass, figuring out bleak situations in seconds and coming up with solutions on the fly. Or as the others put it so eloquently: "He's so UN-Mikey." Subsequent visits to Dimension X show that this wasn't a one-off occurrence, since he instantly became the insightful, bad ass Mikey once more.

4. It came from the depth
This one has to be in here, this episode showed Mikey as the only one who didn't see Leatherhead as a monster and taught him not to see HIMSELF as being a monster. One of the most difficult things in life is for a person to accept themselves for who they are and love themselves for it. Here Mikey opens his heart for somebody who needs it and it paid off as Leatherhead became a trusted ally to the Turtles, who loved to grab Donnie by the face and shake him like a rag doll.

3. Pizza face
Splinter said that of all his sons, Mikey is the one with the most raw talent and this episode shows that even without the boost in IQ he gets on Dimension X, he's a force to be reckoned with. All the joking about him interrogating a Pizza slice aside, we can't deny that he actually took on his brothers and won from them, this was without a doubt the episode which showed just how good he really is at fighting.

2. When worlds collide
Every single episode which starred Renet had Mikey in a state of "Dude, I can't believe she REALLY is MY girl!" The fact that Renet is just as Zany as he is also adds to how adorable their interaction is. But it's not just for that reason why I name this episode. Electric Mikey was awesome and once more a reminder on why Splinter rates Mikey's talent as highly as he did. Mikey takes to his new powers like a fish to water, I'm not quite sure if for example Raphael could have handled those powers as well. Plus, seeing Mikey nude after Bishop took those said powers away, was always going to be funny.

1. Journey to the center of Mikey's mind
Well, no surprises here, this has to be the ultimate Michelangelo episode, this had it all. The fact that the multiple facets of Mikey's personality were all different sizes show so much about him: the facet which makes sense is really tiny, the zany side of him is normal sized, the impulsive, glutenous side is obese and the angry side, where his talent at fighting comes from, is a giant. Also, what's not to love about his fantasy world, we got to see so much from previous seasons. And again, the fact that Renet was skyscraper sized shows how much she means to him. And the way he defeated Belly bomb by belching in his face was just epic.

Honorable Mention Mikey gets shellacne
Teen angst is something we didn't get to see with Mikey that often, this episode was the exception. He made a mistake, suffers the consequences of making that mistake and finds that he basically stands alone in rectifying that mistake. The scene where he sneaks out with his brother still arguing on where Baxter Stockman could be says it all: he can take initiative on his own if the others won't listen.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:34 PM   #17
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

I went over this thread again and saw that I still have to do a top five for our mad scientist.

Our gap-toothed shell pal certainly had a lot of personal growth during the series.

5. Metalhead

Flea of the Red hot chili peppers once said in an interview that when he found out that he couldn't be like his heroes, he instead started to focus on just being himself. Donnie invented Metalhead to basically address all the issues he saw with himself and his useless Bo staff and was pressed with his nose onto the fact that no technology could replace skill and that only by being himself and using his Bo Staff that he could solve the problems he created.

4. A foot too big
Donnie's crush on April has been the driving force for much of the first and second seasons, he makes a fool of himself in his increasingly more desperate attempts to woo her. And then the tables are turned on him and he gets a dose of his own medicine. But props to Donnie, when Bigfoot overhears Leo and Casey laugh about her and she runs off crying Donnie does chase after her because they all (Himself included) hurt her feelings. As for April, the Kiss was meant to tell him "Stop behaving like an idiot, I got the point long since."

3. The Pulverizer
This one not just for the fact that he's put into a teacher role for the most unlikeliest of students but also because it showcases how versatile he is as a scientist, as this episode showcases the creation of the Shellraiser, how deep his knowledge of Martial arts truly is and how his prowess in Medical science is equally as advanced.

2. Heart of Darkness
Oh boy, when a nerd armed with a Bo staff gets angry. This was Donnie at his darkest, he had a score to settle with Don Vizioso and nearly lost everything redeeming about his character in the process. I don't know if any of you ever read the Marvel "What if?" comic "What if the Punisher became Captain America?" but in that one Frank castle has a revelation when he sees himself with a gun in his hand wearing a skull shirt about to shoot a crime boss, wondering if his deceased wife would have agreed with all the violence he used her death as an excuse for committing. That was what Donnie went through.

1. Mutagen man unleashed
What "Slash and Destroy" was Raphael, "Mutagen man unleashed" is for Donnie, the big difference is that Slash survived the episode and Timothy does not. The look on Donnie's face when he gives Timothy the dose of failed retro mutagen which freezes him solid says it all, that deed left a gaping hole in his chest, he totally did NOT want it to happen but had no choice in the matter anymore.