The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #141
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
I think The Rock would fit the role perfectly. He's tan, tall, muscular, just like Shredder. In the original cartoon I think Shredder actually kinda looks like the Rock, specifically when he takes off his mask on the episode "Cowabunga Shredhead" when they're in the pizza parlor. His face kinda looks like The Rock.

And hopefully it is Shredder and not Colonel Schrader.
I couldn't disagree more, because it takes a whole lot more than looks and hair to portray any character on film. I guarantee that he would demand some kind of signature grappling attack during the movie... Just reference all of his films to this day. They should cast Simon Yam to play Oroku Saki... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...A4aa9gTvn4GAAw

Last edited by redsai4lex; 05-03-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Link
redsai4lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #142
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXander View Post
I couldn't disagree more, because it takes a whole lot more than looks and hair to portray any character on film. I guarantee that he would demand some kind of signature grappling attack during the movie... Just reference all of his films to this day.
Oh yeah. I remember all of those slams in The Game Plan. Don't be dumb and assume just because he was a wrestler that he 'demands' to do wrestling moves in his movies. That's just silly.

"It takes more than looks!" (Insert random asian actor)

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #143
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Oh yeah. I remember all of those slams in The Game Plan. Don't be dumb and assume just because he was a wrestler that he 'demands' to do wrestling moves in his movies. That's just silly.

"It takes more than looks!" (Insert random asian actor)
Wow, why so hostile? I was simply pointing out that more people on a wide scale would have a problem with him having the role, then there would be people who are satisfied by the choice. We don't need some people's champion to play The Shredder... We need a skilled martial artist.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #144
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXander View Post
Wow, why so hostile? I was simply pointing out that more people on a wide scale would have a problem with him having the role, then there would be people who are satisfied by the choice. We don't need some people's champion to play The Shredder... We need a skilled martial artist.
So now you know how people should and shouldn't feel? Some high horse, man.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #145
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier

Wow, this site must not have a size limit on signatures....couple posts by you, Red, and the page full! Haha

Do yourself a favor: Bookmark this page ---> Click Here

Also, a lot of people have obnoxiously large signatures and you'll get use to it.
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #146
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaysghosts View Post
Wow, this site must not have a size limit on signatures....couple posts by you, Red, and the page full! Haha
It does. & since no mod has fixed it yet, I've got him on ignore.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #147
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
That would be true but are we sure that leaked script was totally real and what was going to actually happen? I mean Michael Bay said he was going to lie about details for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen to throw fans off so I just am not convinced that the leaked script is something to worry about.
It was confirmed to be the real deal but from before Bay was involved. That little detail seems untrue as it was dated way after he and Platinum Dunes are involved.

It occured to me when Bay first said they were aliens and everyone from Liebesman all danced around and deflected on the subject that this is a whole pr stunt but it does seems rather elaborate. Certainly some of the shooting locations back up the idea that aspects of that leaked script have made the final cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I still hold that losing the dimension X scenes, and splinter's revelation, leaves us with a krang invasion movie with most of the plot intact. Every other scene and event in the script still works.
"Works" as in it kinda makes sense if you turn your brain off but I'd argue it doesn't "work" if you want an actualy good movie.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #148
chrisdude
Foot Elite

They filmed on a ski slope. A snowy hill, a significant part of the leaked script, is not a normal TMNT filming location. Elements of the leaked script have certainly survived.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:59 AM   #149
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
So now you know how people should and shouldn't feel? Some high horse, man.
I'm referring to how people ridicule these decisions even if they're good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It does. & since no mod has fixed it yet, I've got him on ignore.
It would figure someone would post about the pic size while I was in the process of changing it. Besides, you contradict yourself...your signature was bigger than mine anyway.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:15 AM   #150
Powder
So tired of this place

No, I don't. You're wrong. Good job.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #151
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

No, you must like being wrong, I measured it...
Old 05-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #152
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Unnecessary posts are unnecessary.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #153
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Thanks. I was thinking that too.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #154
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Id like to point out that it may be a little unwise to call the 'leaked script' the real deal...that makes the impression that there was a time where this written piece was the actual script for the movie(which still hasnt been done by the way..), but we dont know that.in fact in the michael bay statement I read about it he confirmed that this had been from before the time he/his enterprise had been a part of this movie.and that it was one of many..I mean if you think about it how many full-of-nonsense-scripts could be found in ANY movie production..it takes a lot of work to get a movie greenlit, get the money and then get the actual making of the movie in full gear and finish it succesfully..that is even before one can see if the movie is making any money after the release at all...so there probably are many MANY even WORSE tries on our beloved turtles universe scribbled into drafts today...this one just got lucky and got pushed into the light by mr/mrs anonymous for the whole world to see and to be angry about...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #155
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

You're right. No matter how good or bad the film turns out, there will always be somebody that finds things they hate about it, and there will always be somebody that loves it for one reason or another.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #156
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
Id like to point out that it may be a little unwise to call the 'leaked script' the real deal...that makes the impression that there was a time where this written piece was the actual script for the movie(which still hasnt been done by the way..), but we dont know that.in fact in the michael bay statement I read about it he confirmed that this had been from before the time he/his enterprise had been a part of this movie.and that it was one of many..
Bay's confirmation, you know, confirmed it as an actual script. A script written for a film, whether or not it's later rejected, is an actual script.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #157
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Id like to point out that it may be a little unwise to call the 'leaked script' the real deal...that makes the impression that there was a time where this written piece was the actual script for the movie
It WAS the real deal. It was already confirmed ages ago that it was...

Old 05-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #158
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It WAS the real deal. It was already confirmed ages ago that it was...
but arent there many official script submissions for a film like this?I understood it that this was an official take but not necessaryly the one that was agreed upon being the blue print for the film...I guess we can never know for sure...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #159
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
but arent there many official script submissions for a film like this?I understood it that this was an official take but not necessaryly the one that was agreed upon being the blue print for the film...I guess we can never know for sure...
In one aspect, you are correct. Often times, the studio/producers will commission writers. When what they're writing doesn't work, or if it needs expanded upon and they're held up by other writing duties, they will commission other writers. But, it's not like fans submitting scripts. These scripts are the real deal.

And even when the screenplay is settled, the writing doesn't always cease to stop. Often, ghost writers and script doctors are brought in, sometimes by an a-list actor like Bruce Willis. Sometimes, the script doctor is an up-n-comer, like Quentin Tarantino (who did uncredited work on Crimson Tide) and Joss Whedon (likewise with Speed).

But you're making them sound like petty fan scripts, which they are not. These are official, studio-commissioned screenplays. The leaked script fell in that line. Bay is simply stating that it was written before his deal was completed. A lot of it might not have survived, but I'm sure some of it will, even if it is just a line of dialogue or an entire action sequence. It could also be the same story structure, just without the Turtles being aliens.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gay, live action films