The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #41
Dudette
Thug

Signed. I would definitely buy it.
Dudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #42
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

I think the 2k3/ 4kids show definitely deserves it's own box-set, and I can assure you I would buy it too! I actually just got the OT entire series Turtle-Van box-set just the other day even though I collected every one of the dvds over the last ten years! I signed this petition!
Old 06-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #43
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior

If I knew that there was ANY hope of this petition actually working I would sign, but honestly....I'm not holding my breathe. It truly sucks, I HATE watching the eps on youtube since my laptop has some weird vendetta against youtube and rarely plays a full episode without freezing every minute or so. I would honestly gladly cough up $200, no hesitation, for the full series in a nice set. Maybe someday.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

There is no need for a petition, I'm sure in a few years Nick will re-release the 4kids series on DVD. They didn't spend $10 million to lock the show away in a vault. They wouldn't have bothered buying it at all.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:13 AM   #45
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There is no need for a petition, I'm sure in a few years Nick will re-release the 4kids series on DVD. They didn't spend $10 million to lock the show away in a vault. They wouldn't have bothered buying it at all.
If re-releasing 4KIDS means turning a reasonable profit, Nick will probably do it. But either way, by purchasing the rights to 4KIDS they control whether or not that happens. Because no matter what, something like that would affect everything else they're doing with TMNT. The larger point is that they bought the rights to 4KIDS and everything else related to TMNT to control the overall TMNT brand they invested in (with much more than just 10 million dollars, by the way), not necessarily to make money off every bit within it. Not everything in it is profitable. I think there's reason enough to re-release, but we'll see if Nick does too. I'm just saying buying the rights does not automatically mean they already do.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:11 AM   #46
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

I thought I read somewhere on another forum that if the Nick series and movie are successful then they would re-release the 2k3 series on DVD. It's probably just a rumour though, there was no source provided to back up the claim. I reckon they bought the rights because they want the kids to focus on their show and not on the 4kids. They want to make as much money as possible out of their own series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not like you can watch it on most US DVD players, though.
I had to get myself a multi region DVD player since I live in the UK. Well I had to get two because some of the 2k3 DVDs were freezing on the Toshiba multi region DVD player but they played perfect on the Sony one. The Toshiba DVD player must have been faulty or it was just a **** DVD player.

Last edited by tmntpower1988; 06-03-2013 at 03:21 AM.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #47
Martin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Hope you are right. I really want those DVDs :B

Btw, sth a little more high res like a bluray is out of the question, isn't it? I read somewhere that it wasn't possible due to the way the show was made but it'd be great if they were released in that way as well.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #48
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
I have started a petition on www.ipetitions.com

it is for the 2003 TMNT series to be released on boxset, a task that has not been done by anyone

they have got up to season 2 part 2, that is ridiculous

the petition URL is below:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tmnt-2003-box-set/

please sign it to get this brilliant series on Box Set
Thanks for putting the forum up. I just signed the petition. Good idea advertising it here on a TMNT forum.
Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
If re-releasing 4KIDS means turning a reasonable profit, Nick will probably do it. But either way, by purchasing the rights to 4KIDS they control whether or not that happens. Because no matter what, something like that would affect everything else they're doing with TMNT. The larger point is that they bought the rights to 4KIDS and everything else related to TMNT to control the overall TMNT brand they invested in (with much more than just 10 million dollars, by the way), not necessarily to make money off every bit within it. Not everything in it is profitable. I think there's reason enough to re-release, but we'll see if Nick does too. I'm just saying buying the rights does not automatically mean they already do.
This makes no sense to me. Do you think Nick is really bothered that Lionsgate or Shout are releasing OT or Next Mutation DVDs?

Nick would buy the OT in a heartbeat if they could, but I'm sure they're not "offended" that an older show of TMNT is being put on shelves possibly taking attention away from Nick.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #50
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Exactly. Kids who enjoy the 2012 series are not going to be suddenly engrossed in watching all 200 episodes of the OT.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #51
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
This makes no sense to me. Do you think Nick is really bothered that Lionsgate or Shout are releasing OT or Next Mutation DVDs?

Nick would buy the OT in a heartbeat if they could, but I'm sure they're not "offended" that an older show of TMNT is being put on shelves possibly taking attention away from Nick.
It's not really about being "bothered" or "offended." It's about their strategy for the TMNT brand; they are a business after all. The point is, people who are in charge of these things have an opinion on how to best go about things, and thus want control of every variable they can get. Will it be a disaster if 4KIDs was re-released right now? No, of course not. But if they can plan according to what they think the best time would be to release it, then of course that is what they will do. Like some have suggested, the 30th anniversary and/or release of the live action movie could be the best time to have a focused merch push for ancillary TMNT products while TMNT is fresh in everyone's mind. There is politics involved so maybe someone else has a different opinion. I work with movie distributors all the time and they have fought with exhibitors before on whether a movie should play at 9pm instead of 9:05pm; that's the degree to which some want to control things and yes, of course it can be a bit riduclous. I'm not saying I agree, I'm just saying this is the reality whether or not you agree or understand it either. The Nick show is the new show, and you always make the most money with what's new, obviously. It follows that older shows and re-releasing them are hardly on the top of their priority and are only concerned about that in regards to how it affects what is their main priority. You might now think of it as a big deal, but every bit counts because it's their business, and to think the reality is different because you don't agree is naive.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #52
Shred87
Hench Mutant

Now is the right time for something like this.... If the movie has any success expect a wave of released items.... You have a year to keep at this thing... Who knows maybe you can at least generate a response from Nick on the topic
Shred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #53
alliance
Hench Mutant

so um, how many people signed that petition so far?

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #54
Shred87
Hench Mutant

20 lol.... Longest journey starts with the smallest step?
Shred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #55
alliance
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred87 View Post
20 lol.... Longest journey starts with the smallest step?

i thought for some reason it was like around 600 and thought that would be a joke..

but instead....20 ??

20 ???

hahahahahahaha!!!

u know what.. im probably gonna sign the damn thing just for laughs since its OBVIOUS its not gonna get anywhere..

Old 06-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #56
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post

i thought for some reason it was like around 600 and thought that would be a joke..

but instead....20 ??

20 ???

hahahahahahaha!!!

u know what.. im probably gonna sign the damn thing just for laughs since its OBVIOUS its not gonna get anywhere..
Spoiler:

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #57
alliance
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Spoiler:
do turtle fans like these or do they see them as next mutation?

i think it would cool to remove the hair but then it'll probably be bald

Old 06-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #58
Drako-Cat
Random Punk

How about a petition to get rid of alliance?..
Drako-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #59
The Sewer Lord
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drako-Cat View Post
How about a petition to get rid of alliance?..
You can't get rid of him. He's EVERYWHERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
But, NINJAS.

Yeah, if Shinobi was real today they would have used proper modern weaponry, they did use explosives like grenades.

but ninjas are always in the black karate Gi with masks and go flippy dippy and swings their awesome totally authentic ninjatos and throws star shaped-only shuriken or NINJAS STARS!
The Sewer Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

This threads needs to be locked.

Tags
4kids, donatello, leonardo, michelangelo, raphael