The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-22-2015, 03:33 PM   #81
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Top to bottom, front to back, then retcon the first film.
Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:40 PM   #82
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I didn't really pay enough attention to the movie to notice if Leo's face actually looked like that, but if it did then they should change that. He just looks silly.
This movie... I dunno, it varies. Ranging imo from straight up "egads" (run away!) to...in the right few scenes edging into dare I say a little cute, or at least cuter by comparison.

Case in point... that end scene with the van, he's doing the Mikey grin and that lighting isn't doing him or anyone any favors (run away!!) - http://wpc.556e.edgecastcdn.net/8055...ejag56_1_7.jpg

Nooo no no.

On the flip side, this is one of my complete fave (cropped, link my FB page) shots of him (hug to death) - https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...43&oe=54CA31DC

Also love - https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...b1&oe=556B7051
Angles (imo) look way better on them than straight on, he's got a pretty good profile and only from the side can you really see that he's a bit snoutier compared to the others and is a better look than straight on in most cases. Straight on just looks so...flat. The natural lighting helps, too. (Though I'm surprised he can fit in the truck cab, in some scenes he looks like he'd be too big to... Ladies and gentlemen, the incredible shrinking Leo; also does this in elevators.)

If they change nothing about them, which I doubt they'd do anyhow... at least be mindful of the 'photo composition' and lighting.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #83
syk_skillz
Foot Soldier

Only ways I can think of a explanation of a slimmer smaller redesign (which I really want) is to have turtles sick at begging of film do to changes happening with the mutation in there system, which would be easier to explain if Raph also had it drained from him in first movie, or Splinter has them to lose muscle mass to be able more ninja like.

I haven't read through the full thread yet so sorry if I missed other suggestions.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #84
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Sorry if I offended anyone... I'm just not in a very happy place right now. (Life is a bitch sometimes)
Old 01-22-2015, 03:57 PM   #85
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Game over, man. Game over.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:21 PM   #86
Leo656
The Franchise

They're just so BIG, I can't stand how much they look like Gamera. I've actually envisioned them being around 6'-ish feet tall but not so Huge all over. I hate that. They seriously just look like four Hulks.

I hate the outfits to death as well, I'm not a fan of them "needing" to wear clothes in the first place (as the whole "they want to be people" thing goes strongly against a lot of stuff that's been established about them elsewhere in the fiction, but whatever, different debate), but the outfits chosen for this movie were atrocious, especially Donnie's Ghostbuster cosplay nonsense.

And I'unno about anything else, but "nostalgia bubble" is one of those terms where, when I see/hear it, I know that I never have to take anything that person says seriously ever again. It's like, POV 1: "Thesis/opinion, supporting facts, expansive details, anecdotal evidence, summation/closing statement." POV 2: "Whatever dude, Nostalgia Bubble".

Y'know, just in case anyone was wondering what makes any person's opinion carry more weight, or at least makes a person have more credibility.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #87
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Bringing this thread back.
So now that Casey has been cast, and he's human-sized, do you think they'll tone down the Turtles physiques?
Old 04-01-2015, 12:38 PM   #88
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Doubtful. No doubt too costly to bother tinkering with that at this point. Still wish they'd at least let up on the shell size a little though.

Although they could pay more attention to how big the Turtles look in some scenes... maybe it's just the settings, but I swear it might be a little inconstant.

At least Casey isn't CGI I guess.

Spoiler:
Oh and just random thought about the nostrils. (Thanks for bumping so I had a place to mention it. lol) As much as that took a while to get used to... You know how fingers and nostrils tend to be a compatible size? lol Have you seen the hands on these Turtles? It could have been worse, right? We're at least saved from Mikey sitting there with his finger up his nose because he'd need big cow nostrils to accomplish that.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:27 PM   #89
pennydreadful
trash

No - I really don't see any changes happening. Like Indigo said - at this stage of the game, it would be too expensive. Not to mention it'd basically be admitting there was something wrong with the designs in the first place, which Bay's ego won't allow.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:29 PM   #90
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
So now that Casey has been cast, and he's human-sized, do you think they'll tone down the Turtles physiques?
I'm 110% certain they won't.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:48 PM   #91
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
Nope.

Why bother trying to make it make sense NOW when even Megan Fox held her own next to them.

They don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:13 AM   #92
Leolead
Stone Warrior

I guess they're too far into the game now. but still, how the heck is Casey suppose to keep up with these Turtles?
Old 04-02-2015, 07:14 AM   #93
Shark_Blade
Emperor

The Transformers have different designs in each movie right? Pretty certain the turtles would too.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:25 AM   #94
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
The Transformers have different designs in each movie right? Pretty certain the turtles would too.
Or maybe they will just have different clothing on.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:46 AM   #95
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, the clothing/gear or accessories maybe, all over design, no. Cost, time, and big difference between otherworldly robots and mutant Turtles that live in NYC that we're supposed to believe live among us.

If they don't change what the Turtles are wearing I'll be surprised. At the very least, well... merchandise. Have to have reason to sell a new set of figures.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:23 AM   #96
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, the clothing/gear or accessories maybe, all over design, no. Cost, time, and big difference between otherworldly robots and mutant Turtles that live in NYC that we're supposed to believe live among us.

If they don't change what the Turtles are wearing I'll be surprised. At the very least, well... merchandise. Have to have reason to sell a new set of figures.
They would also need to change Donnie's gear as well, He's been carrying that backpack throughout the movie, If its some battery pack, Maybe he found a way to make it smaller.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:41 AM   #97
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Tone down the "NERD" outfit for Donny. Seriously, lose either the goggles or glasses and kill the stupid Ghostbusters proton-pack.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:07 PM   #98
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, they could get rid of all that. You would think some of Donnie's stuff would have gotten fried when electrocuted in the first one anyhow. If they need a reason, there's one.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:19 PM   #99
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I actually really like the Turtles all having a lot of personalized accessories and styles, but Donnie is just too "NERD" because Michael Bay doesn't understand subtlety at all.

That, and honestly... I really don't like the idea of Raph in a Tarzan loincloth. Maybe black biker pants instead, I dunno. Whatever.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #100
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Agree. Never minded them wearing stuff. (Turtle sneakers... adorable.) Certain film people only seem to understand overdoing things though. Guess there is a belief of "go big or go home." Keeping my finger crossed that any changes don't make the amount worse. Or overdo Leo and Raph, they had an appropriate amount last time (imo).

The nerd thing with Donnie... And it's a shame, because he's a better looking character without the glasses. If he's going to have glasses, let the guy make himself some kind of snazzy rimless frames or something. He can create so much, surely he can make himself a prescription. (Or April, just hook him up with contacts, I'm sure it's better for the fights.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-02-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Tags
designs in tmnt2, tmnt2