The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 02:57 PM   #21
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Having such a strange case of deja vu.

Like...to around a week or two before August 7th 2014...haha kinda arbitrary date right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:04 PM   #22
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
kind of ridiculous really and over the top. There have been movies that I've really liked and never once have I cheered, clapped or got up and danced. I guess some have more self control than others.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:06 PM   #23
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
kind of ridiculous really and over the top. There have been movies that I've really liked and never once have I cheered, clapped or got up and danced. I guess some have more self control than others.
And not only that, but at "every scene."

I had a fantastic time at Deadpool and dear god did I not clap and dance after every scene.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:09 PM   #24
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Having such a strange case of deja vu.

Like...to around a week or two before August 7th 2014...haha kinda arbitrary date right?!
There was a lot of negative fans reactions too, only posted a few at the time.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:09 PM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I want to vomit reading all of this. Guh. No wonder Trump's in the lead for next US President.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:10 PM   #26
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
And not only that, but at "every scene."

I had a fantastic time at Deadpool and dear god did I not clap and dance after every scene.
I know. That would be so damn annoying. I go to a movie and hope to deal with the least amount of distraction possible. Getting all crazy like that for a freaking movie is rude and obnoxious.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:15 PM   #27
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
There was a lot of negative fans reactions too, only posted a few at the time.
Ha no, there really wasn't.

This early out, during premieres and special events, it was nearly nothing but positive reactions. Very few negative reviews that I can remember.

Until the movie came out and the review embargo was lifted.

THEN the non-overly hyped, truthful reviews started coming in.

Quote:
Old 05-22-2016, 03:24 PM   #28
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I do think he's overly positive on things even if not in a maleficent way. I mean if he's invited to an event about something he loves he'll automatically think it was a great time even if he didn't mean to be biased. This is why almost all early reviews are positive. I used to like him more before but yeah he's definitely a promotional tool for companies so I don't really trust his opinions not because they pay him but like someone mentioned "he's living the dream", being paid to geek out over stuff. I enjoyed his "i'm an awkward nerd" videos he did before more.
pretty much my thoughts on andre. I liked him a whole lot better and trusted his judgment a little more before he became either paid by the studios, or a 'trusted reviewer' of studio stuff.

Although I don't hold it against him. I truly believe he's trying to be genuine, but it's a little hard to be 100% truthful when the studio is letting you in to see classic 80s VA's record lines and let you film them while doing it ;o)..

this is why I'm not doing that same kind of stuff. 1 - I hate watching myself on camera, so I wouldn't be trying to do it anyway. But 2 - I'm viewed by the millenial crowd as way too overly critical. I like what I like, and anything that deviates from it even a little, I will tell you. vocally, while still trying to be nice about it (unless i'm in overload, like I am with feigbusters nonsense)

I just couldn't live with myself if a studio invited me to a premier and I Said 'look, guys, I know i've been bashing this for months, but, they did everything right' ;o).

it's funny in this world of social media 'fan stars'. a kid I helped out hosting a website in the ghostbusters world is the andre of ghostbusters fans. overtly positive, yet still willing to admit if he's wrong. but he goes one step farther and will like anything with a GB logo slapped on it, even going so far as to tell me i can't judge paul feig movies based on the trailer alone, Ihave to watch them first. I watched a paul feig movie. I no longer trust his judgment on things ;o). My ability to judge a crappy movie by a crappy trailer is intact ;o).

I expect TMNT 2 to be a guilty pleasure movie. you can ignore the bad meghan fox attempts at acting(look, her face is about to try an expression of emotion! almost got it girl!). you can ignore the bad turtle designs. you can ignore that bay is a total asshat. You can ignore that china invested some money in this movie if reports are true. If they at least TRY to make it seem like a turtle movie, MAYBE you can turn your brain off for 2 hours and enjoy it. unlike the first one, which should have all copies of it burned in a ceremonial fire right next to the power rangers cross over.

But, it could also be that I'm just so bummed out by bad movies lately. batman vrs superman, JJ Abhrams star trek. Bay Turtles. FeigBusters...that i'm starting to be worn down and turned into a 'casual denominator' of movie viewers...

I just hope Krang doesn't sound like Lobo or i'll expect 'raymond' to make a walk on.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:32 PM   #29
Vicky82
Emperor

The premier has finished. Reactions on Twitter are showing up now.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...tmnt2&src=typd

Old 05-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #30
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
That link doesn't work.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:39 PM   #31
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
That link doesn't work.
It does work, it looked like he's taken it down.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:01 PM   #32
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
I want to vomit reading all of this. Guh. No wonder Trump's in the lead for next US President.
He can make Turtles great again.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:10 PM   #33
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Ha no, there really wasn't.

This early out, during premieres and special events, it was nearly nothing but positive reactions. Very few negative reviews that I can remember.

Until the movie came out and the review embargo was lifted.

THEN the non-overly hyped, truthful reviews started coming in.
I've found with things like feigbusters, they somehow find the right fans to bring out for these pre screenings. with nearly all the internet against it from the start, they somehow found 200 positive people to show up to a trailer screening, and managed to make a nice gag inducing 2 minute video of everyone going ga ga over it.

these days, i don't put much faith in screening reviews.
only from people I trust who I know either can't be bought, or will tell it true no matter what, which is very few
Old 05-22-2016, 04:17 PM   #34
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I've found with things like feigbusters, they somehow find the right fans to bring out for these pre screenings. with nearly all the internet against it from the start, they somehow found 200 positive people to show up to a trailer screening, and managed to make a nice gag inducing 2 minute video of everyone going ga ga over it.

these days, i don't put much faith in screening reviews.
only from people I trust who I know either can't be bought, or will tell it true no matter what, which is very few
Oh I have no faith in that one at all.

Not only are the trailers awful, but story elements leaked that are, based on the trailers, completely true. And those are awful too.

Not to get too off topic or derail the thread but here's a taste of the crap pie:

Spoiler:
The main villain makes all the police and military guys dance in a big Thriller-type dance number toward the climax of the movie.

Quote:
Old 05-22-2016, 04:21 PM   #35
Vicky82
Emperor

I was hoping the critic reviews would show up before I go to bed but that hasn't happened. Will have to check in the morning.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:22 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

I can't believe they didn't retcon the nostrils.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:25 PM   #37
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can't believe they didn't retcon the nostrils.
Let it Goooooooo
Old 05-22-2016, 04:27 PM   #38
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
I was hoping the critic reviews would show up before I go to bed but that hasn't happened. Will have to check in the morning.
Why would it? Has it been announced the review embargoes will be lifted soon?

Otherwise don't expect them to be lifted until closer to the release.

Quote:
Old 05-22-2016, 04:31 PM   #39
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Oh I have no faith in that one at all.

Not only are the trailers awful, but story elements leaked that are, based on the trailers, completely true. And those are awful too.

Not to get too off topic or derail the thread but here's a taste of the crap pie:

Spoiler:
The main villain makes all the police and military guys dance in a big Thriller-type dance number toward the climax of the movie.
supposedly that's been cut. sigh. I want all the bad stuff left in to make the last year of angst worth it. then you'll have all the 'supporters' say 'see? we told you it wasn't true/not bad'..

for me, shredder, krang, bebop, rocksteady, never left my consciousness. I can't get excited about something that kind of resembles them on the big screen, because the REAL versions of them never left my field of vision. I especially can't get excited when the people bringing them to screen know and care so little that the original wanted to make the mutants aliens.

And ESPECIALLY when the only reason they start to care about the fans, is when their first vision flops so badly they have to try and win people back with lots of fan service.. smacks of hollywood hypocrisy, so why support it?
Old 05-22-2016, 04:32 PM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady look the most true to their characters among anything else in the movie. Sure Bebop is fat this time around, but it doesn't matter since the Nick cartoon made him skinny.
Closed Thread

Tags
freakingcreepycutekraang, koolaidcult, movie, out of the shadows, review, tmnt, tmnt2