The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-04-2023, 03:30 PM   #3501
Lil G
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Sorry, I'm no help here, I quit IDW back in January. Saturday Morning Adventures is probably the first TMNT title started completely after I left, it's all unknown to me.

(If someone wants to de-sticky this thread that's cool, though I remain happy to answer questions about anything I might know about!)
Sorry to hear that you quit IDW, I wish you the best with your journey. Although I may be out of reach here a kind user (AquaParade) suggested I ask you here.

I've had this dream of contributing to an official TMNT project since I was a kid. No specific medium, just want to contribute to TMNT at least once in my life. There's more about it here (If it peaks your interest) I Want To Contribute To TMNT

Is there any advice or insight you'd be able to give me on going about this? I appreciate any feedback, and if you take the time to read this. Thank you!
Lil G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 03:39 PM   #3502
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Hi G, thanks for the kind words!

I took a quick look at your other post-- am I correct in assuming you're not an artist? I think that would be the quickest "in" for something official. It's easier to get a variant or retailer exclusive cover than another form of contribution, I think. A couple years of learning and work might get you to a place where you could contribute as a colorist or letterer to something. But let's assume you're a fan with no real "artistic" talent. (I think everyone has some artistic talent, but I'm inferring you're like me: not much of that artistic talent!)

If that's the case, it will be a difficult goal to contribute something. I hired a couple writers without much writing experience based on their enthusiasm or quality of writing, but even those folks I know had been practicing their craft for at least a couple years. So if you don't have any of that experience it's going to be extra difficult. The best option might just to be to ask an existing writer like Tom if you see him at a convention. But that would probably be putting him or someone like him in an awkward spot.

Is the TMNT ongoing still running Ninja Notes? If so it might be worthwhile to write to the current editorial team-- maybe they'd be up for you contributing the name of a restaurant in the background? I know I wouldn't have wanted to open the door to that sort of thing when I was editor, then I might have hundreds of people writing to contribute. But maybe you'll get lucky if you ask nice?

If money isn't an issue, then find a comics retailer who you could bankroll an exclusive retailer cover for. Then you'd be calling the shots of what would be on the cover, provided it's nothing too extreme.

Sorry, not too much help. It's not an easy goal, but not impossible! Good luck!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 05:02 PM   #3503
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

That last suggestion there is a pretty good one, and probably the best bet.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 11:13 AM   #3504
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post

Is the TMNT ongoing still running Ninja Notes?
Good question. Can anybody confirm this? I am very behind on the IDW main series and was wondering this same question.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 12:27 PM   #3505
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Good question. Can anybody confirm this? I am very behind on the IDW main series and was wondering this same question.
Last Ninja Notes was in #124. No idea why they stopped.
Old 07-07-2023, 11:22 AM   #3506
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Last Ninja Notes was in #124. No idea why they stopped.
Probably because there's no point writing in to a comic and waiting a month or two to see it published, when instead people can just ask a writer or artist on their twitter or somewhere a question instead and get a quick answer a few hours later.

Letters pages in comics have been pointless after the 90's. Back then there was no internet so seeing a comic answer your questions or read your letter felt like a huge deal back then. Nowadays with the internet...what's the point? Anyone can post anything online and get a response in moments.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 12:03 PM   #3507
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Plus, like, why write a letter you know there's good odds probably will never see print, vs. asking online?
Old 07-09-2023, 10:04 AM   #3508
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Dear Tom!

Congratulations on another TMNT milestone - intelligent, enjoyable, epic! Please continue your masterful storytelling using our favourite characters!

So there are basically two arks I'm massively anticipating:

Karai's crew of B&R, Casey, Punk Frog, Zodi and Krisa (and the tattoo girl) adventures in "the thin places" and

Shredder in space (Dimension Z).

Please confirm that you'll be writing them, and tell us when we'll be able to start reading them?

I so much hope to see the Ancient One again, too!

Thank you very much for making us dream!!!
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 03:19 PM   #3509
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
Dear Tom!
He left the board. Said it was too terrible here.
Old 07-09-2023, 03:35 PM   #3510
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
He left the board. Said it was too terrible here.
I wondered where all the talent went. Bobby was the only one and then he left the company so he seldom has reason to lurk here. I suppose it has something to do with a great number of us not liking the post-#100 direction lead by Campbell.
Old 07-09-2023, 07:17 PM   #3511
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Said it was too terrible here.
What a pity! Where do you have this information from? Quote, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
a great number of us not liking the post-#100 direction lead by Campbell.
Woke writing should indeed stop and return back to basics. And a less female cast. The only ones I care about from the classics are April and Karai. From new incarnations are Venus, Zodi and Shinigami.

Last edited by martinitolove; 07-09-2023 at 07:34 PM.
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 07:44 PM   #3512
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
What a pity! Where do you have this information from? Quote, please.
His last message

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
A final message for all Technodrome Folks reading this,

IDW TMNT is not ending at #150. We're planning YEARS out on multiple TMNT fronts (some that have been announced, some that have not). We're not going anywhere anytime soon. So many cool things coming (some announcements that'll make your brains explode!).

IDW is not going anywhere, either, no matter how much the constant doomsayers scream that so-called "truth" to the sky on his forum and elsewhere...over and over and over again. I've been at IDW since 2006. I like to think I have a pretty good handle on the comings/goings of the company, as well as the ups and downs. The financial reports you read are only part of the story. If ANYONE has true inside information about IDW's status, it's me, so you'll just have to believe me...or not.

There is no liberal agenda. There is no conservative agenda. I don't identify with or subscribe to either the Democrat or Republican cults. I'm registered Independent (and always recommend to my friends and family and even strangers that they do the same to send a message to the so-called powers-that-be that we're not gonna just blindly adhere to two sides of the same corrupt coin anymore) and I choose to live in the middle and make up my own mind about ALL things...usually after I educate myself beyond reading click-bait headlines and/or seeing/hearing/reading the constant scripted and fake news that the mainstream media (left AND right) continues to feed us (talk about agendas). I don't need to be told what to think -- for good or bad, I do my thinking on my own. As for the comics I write, I simply let the characters guide me and hope they lead me down a road that's as entertaining for readers as it is for me. I always chuckle when I see or read so-called "fans" screaming that we creators are being told what to write by our corporate overlords at Nickelodeon and/or IDW, when in truth, the characters have always been my true bosses. They tell me what to write. Nobody else.

Again, believe me or not.

As for this forum, I think it's time I step away. Don't get me wrong -- there are some amazing folks on here...both the fans who like what we're doing and those who do not. I've never had a problem with criticism -- hell, I welcome it as it makes me a better creator in the long run. I just can't take the juvenile bickering anymore. I'm too old for that nonsense.

It's a personal decision for me -- and I'm sure plenty of you will counter this post by saying I'm weak or too sensitive or whatever. That's okay. I know what I am. I know what I've done in my life (and a lot of it had to do with me actually carrying a rifle in foreign lands, not just writing about it). I know I'm far from weak. Thing is, I'm just too much of an...adult, I guess...to be a part of something that continues to be more and more toxic and childish with each new thread I read. I've only got so many years left on this big, blue marble of ours -- I want those years to be as positive as possible, and I only have myself to blame every time I come to this forum and consistently end up feeling like I'm banging my head against a wall of negativity and false information. At the risk of being judgmental (which I do my very best to never be) I can't decide if I'm dealing with a bunch of angry old men or angry little kids when I'm on here most of the time (not ALL of the time -- I've kept coming back for the exceptions to that -- the fun, positive threads that make me smile...even the ones that are maturely/fairly criticizing my work).

It's starting to feel like a co-dependent/abusive relationship every time I come back to this forum, and I really don't like that feeling. Not one bit. And even more, I hate contributing to it.

I do want to thank all those who whole-heartedly welcomed me to TECHNODROME way back in 2011 and over the years since. Nothing makes me happier than knowing there are so many passionate and loyal and friendly TMNT fans in this world. I've been blessed to have the opportunity to create TMNT stories for more than a decade, and sharing those tales with you all has been (and continues to be) the very best part of that opportunity for me. I hope to tell many more and will continue to tease and promote on Twitter (@tomwaltz) and Facebook. Please visit me there...I'm always good for sharing a spoiler or two that makes IDW and Nickelodeon's Marketing teams go nuts LOL!

Be good to each other.

Let go of the mainstream media-driven cults of division and remember we're in this together.

Do the research.

Think for yourself.

Don't be divided.

Don't be conquered.

See ya all in the funny papers!

Tom W.
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz