The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-26-2019, 07:14 AM   #561
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
What the heck does Eastman mean by "next level type of stuff"?
It's a good question, but all I can really take from his statement is that he was impressed by what he saw.

I mean, in a sense, the Platinum Dunes films were "next level" for the TMNT. The execution was botched, but there is no denying that we had never seen the TMNT imagined in such a way, graphically speaking. I remember Kevin saying something similar back before those films came out, and I think he was right, even though, again, the movies were poor.

Now that we've already seen the turtles brought to life as expensive CGI creations, it's hard to imagine what he'd refer to as being "next level". If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say maybe they're trying to build out an expanded universe (hope not), or going the Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse animation route. The animation idea is one I could especially see being touted as "next level", not to mention, in an interview earlier this year, Kevin said he'd like to see the next film be an edgier, animated film. Again, we know Kevin isn't a great source when it comes to whether or not fans are going to enjoy an upcoming TMNT project, but it's very possible he knows a thing or two and is slipping hints out there to gauge the reaction.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:24 AM   #562
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hm... suits and CGI combined? Or, knowing PD, maybe just bigger spectacle. Hmm.

Although, after those two films, heck, better quality writing and story concept would itself be next level. That I could definitely go for.

The bothers themselves were pretty good in OotS, imo, and I like that film for them, so I hope anything new will likewise give that aspect (their personalities and interactions with each other) the focus they deserve...but the allover story of OotS is so poor and such wasted potential. Like it ended up half-assed written in a rush to get a script so they could start filming.

Whatever it ends up being, I hope it is not fully animated. Would be a bit disappointed, to be honest. While I love it in animation in tv series or specials like that TMNT/Batman movie, I 100% prefer them live action and feeling real on the big screen as that's the only place we're bound to ever actually get that; doubtful Netflix daydreams aside. (The PD boys may not be the prettiest Turtles, not to mention absurdly large and bullet proof, but they did at least manage to make them believable enough to accept that they're existing in the real world on screen. Minus the bulletproof part.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-26-2019 at 09:32 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:30 AM   #563
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
What the heck does Eastman mean by "next level type of stuff"?
What he always means when he says stuff like that. Meaningless.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #564
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Hm... suits and CGI combined? Or, knowing PD, maybe just bigger spectacle. Hmm.

Although, after those two films, heck, better quality writing and story concept would itself be next level. That I could definitely go for.

The bothers themselves were pretty good in OotS, imo, and I like that film for them, so I hope anything new will likewise give that aspect (their personalities and interactions with each other) the focus they deserve...but the allover story of OotS is so poor and such wasted potential. Like it ended up half-assed written in a rush to get a script so they could start filming.

Whatever it ends up being, I hope it is not fully animated. Would be a bit disappointed, to be honest. While I love it in animation in tv series or specials like that TMNT/Batman movie, I 100% prefer them live action and feeling real on the big screen as that's the only place we're bound to ever actually get that; doubtful Netflix daydreams aside. (The PD boys may not be the prettiest Turtles, not to mention absurdly large and bullet proof, but they did at least manage to make them believable enough to accept that they're existing in the real world on screen. Minus the bulletproof part.)
I know what you mean. Animation is a great medium, but it doesn't at all scratch the itch of live action.

I don't know if it was ever brought up, but Kevin said that during the production of the PD films, they did have talks with Henson, but it didn't work out.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:25 PM   #565
Vicky82
Emperor

I guess this movie is going to be delayed as there hasn't been any news. They said back in January, that there going to start filming at the end of the year. It's now mid October and there hasn't been any news and rumours on director, casting ect.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:36 PM   #566
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I guess this movie is going to be delayed as there hasn't been any news. They said back in January, that there going to start filming at the end of the year. It's now mid October and there hasn't been any news and rumours on director, casting ect.
Hopefully the Joker film made them realize there is an adult fanbase for these movies and they are currently begging George Miller to make an action epic based on TMNT's Return to New York.

...what?
Old 10-19-2019, 05:14 PM   #567
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Just cancel it. if its gonna be more Platinum Dunes garbage don't bother
Old 12-31-2019, 12:46 AM   #568
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Hopefully the Joker film made them realize there is an adult fanbase for these movies and they are currently begging George Miller to make an action epic based on TMNT's Return to New York.

...what?
And then we also have movies like The Watchmen and Kick Ass, which are R rated movies that didn't do so well at the box office. Now, Kick Ass did good on video, and it spurred a sequel that too was a failure.

But, it would be nice to come out with a mature TMNT movie, and be like John Wick or Bourne Identity, where it's got good action and a plot that doesn't insult the viewer, and that it builds it's momentum from with the second and third film. I also like the idea of maybe starting small, with Hun and then save Shredder for the third film, or have him being built up over the course of the other two films like Marvel have done with Thanos.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 09:53 AM   #569
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
And then we also have movies like The Watchmen and Kick Ass, which are R rated movies that didn't do so well at the box office. Now, Kick Ass did good on video, and it spurred a sequel that too was a failure.
Yeah, Watchmen lost a little bit of money, looks like. Kickass 1 made money, for sure. About twice it's money back, after considering costs. Kickass 2 looks like it broke about even... not a failure, but also not profitable enough to go back into those waters.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:16 PM   #570
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not TMNT related, but...

Quote:
Megan Fox looks ready for the front line as she transforms into blonde war photojournalist in official stills for latest film

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ournalist.html
Are you kidding me right now? Who here can't immediately see it? *insert Grumpy Cat face*

Add some strawberry tone to that hair and oh look...it actually could have worked okay. Frigging Platinum Dunes just didn't bother trying.

Old 01-20-2020, 02:18 PM   #571
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Not TMNT related, but...

Are you kidding me right now? Who here can't immediately see it? *insert Grumpy Cat face*

Add some strawberry tone to that hair and oh look...it actually could have worked okay. Frigging Platinum Dunes just didn't bother trying.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01...9521753373.jpg
Wow, not bad. That really does look like OT April. What film is that?
Old 01-20-2020, 02:22 PM   #572
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

"The Battle Of Jangsari" I think?
Old 01-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #573
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Looks fine to me.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:47 PM   #574
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I want Megan Fox back as April.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:44 PM   #575
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I want Megan Fox back as April.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:06 PM   #576
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Only if we can get the film makers behind that war film who were capable of making her look like OT April without even trying to.

Though it still wouldn't help her line delivery.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:30 AM   #577
Sumac
Banned

How the heck she looks like OT April in the movie which has nothing to do with TMNT, while in TMNT movie she looks nothing alike her?
My head hurts.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:47 PM   #578
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quick Photoshop.

Curse you, Michael Bay.

Play! * Follow! * Support!
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:00 PM   #579
Galactus
Foot Elite

Is it just me that doesn't really care what April's hair looks like? Whether it's red or not, what her race/ethnicity is and especially if she wears yellow. Heck I'd probably prefer they avoided any prominent yellow in her wardrobe completely.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:35 PM   #580
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
Quick Photoshop.

Curse you, Michael Bay.

https://i.imgur.com/npSJ8vJ.jpg
It's just dumbfounding how much this works for that version of April.

Too bad it's a foreign-made war film and probably not one likely to have figures. Just think how well that would be a good replacement for the PD figure if you wanted one that actually looked like a recognizable April.

Tags
just.. why?, kill me now, papenbrook the troll, thedefinitionofinsanity, vote of no confidence