The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #1
mikey0
Foot Elite

Questions About the 1991 to 1993 Releases

I made a thread like this for the ‘88 to ‘90 figures, so I’m doing one for the years the toy line was most relevant.

From order of dates:

Did you think the orange and blue April (with and without PRESS) should have been on wave one cardbacks? Were you initially thrown off by it? Did you think of the 2nd April as a standard April then over the ‘88 figure? Did you like the 2nd April better on the 1990 re-release cards?

Were there too many vehicles that had nothing to do with the cartoon in 1991?

Did anyone on here dislike Groundchuck? Did you know anyone in the 90s who referred to it a ‘mutated Chicago Bulls bull mascot’?

Would Walkabout have been better in the 2nd wave when Crocodile Dundee and the sequel to it were at video stores?

Was Wyrm worm-like enough for you?

Did you dislike how some of the stock images of the basic wave characters on the back of the 6th basic wave cards looked larger than others? Were you confused about scale? I could have asked this question about the 4th and 5th wave cardbacks, but it was much worst with the 6th wave.

Was the Storage Shell gimmick worthy of being used for every figure of the Storage Shell sub-wave?

Did you find Slam Dunkin’ Don to be out of place with the Sewer Sports All Stars because of the small head sculpt and mold (in general)?

Did turtle variants like Make My Day Leo have any place in a basic assortment of the original toy line?

What were your thoughts on Tattoo (the second ball jointed figure in the original toy line)?

Should there have been a backstory exclusively made for Space Usagi on the back of the card for the 7th basic wave Space figure?

Could Super Shredder have been a 7 inch figure?

Would you have made the Talkin’ Turtles more like the Talking Karate Turtles Warriors figures (without the sewer lids on their backs)?

Do you consider the invention of generic cards for Talkin’ Turtles to be a catalyst in the toy line?

Shouldn’t it have been Heavy Metal Leo, Classic Rocker Don, Punker Mike, and Rappin’ Ralph?

Were Machine Gunnin' Rocksteady and Head Spinnin' Bebop noticeable to you on shelves? I tend to forget these were released from time to time.

Were you angry that Headdroppin Leo and Don did not have double straps?

Were the Sewer Sports balls too bland for your TMNT toy tastes?

Did the release of Movie Star turtles figure change the whole toy line right away for you?

Would you have preferred the mutated forms of Mutations Splinter, Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady to look like the first basic wave figures?

Did you or your parents (if you were a child) find the Sewer Spitting Turtles to be nasty?

Were the Turtle Games figures ‘too much’ to the completists on here? There were Sewer Sports All Star figures the year before. All of the sports themed TMNT sub-waves were taking away from the mission the toy makers at Playmates had with the line in the beginning.

Did anyone else start to miss the 1988 to 1990 days of the original toy line in 1992?

I don’t have time to list all of my questions now, but I will adding them on as the day goes on. The questions do not need to be answered all at once, you can answers the ones you like if that is what you would like to do.

Last edited by mikey0; 09-21-2019 at 05:56 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
mikey0
Foot Elite

I hope I’m not offending any members on here with these questions. That was not my intention. I wanted to know what everyone’s thoughts on certain eras of the original Playmates toy line were out of curiosity. I thought the original Playmates toy line had some of the funniest action figures in it. The concept behind TMNT is supposed to be funny in and of itself. I don’t mean any harm with any of my questions. These were the questions that came to me after looking at the releases in the Virtual TMNT Toy Museum online.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 03:48 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

Bro. You've made more than enough threads lately. One catch-all for all these oddly specific questions could cover it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote