The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-16-2023, 02:26 PM   #41
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
This set won't have the 2003 shorts. And I don't just mean the Mayhem from Mutant Islands 13 episode shorts that form a "full episode". There were some flash looking shorts that aired on Fox Box/4Kids TV that had all the original VAs and were fun even if well shorts. There were probably like 30 of them.

It'd also be interesting to have all the 2003 video game exclusive animation that was done. Perhaps if this had released in the mid 2000s when people cared about special features and physical media we would've gotten those.
Where did you find confirmation that “Mayhem From Mutant Island” won’t be included? I have been trying to find somewhere that lists any special features.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 02:32 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

There probably won't be any special features. I assume it will be missing:

There's the T-files shorts from Season 1. Then the other shorts from Seasons 3-4. These were on the old 4kids DVDs from the early 2000's.

There's "Mayhem from Mutant Monster Island" which edited together come to a 20 minute extra episode of Back to the Sewers.

There's also those other flash shorts that used the cast in "gag" shorts, they're all uploaded on youtube.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 03:24 PM   #43
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

It’s 2023, if they don’t think they’ll have the demand to not have to produce on demand they won’t put special features on.
Old 06-17-2023, 09:19 AM   #44
ToTheNines
[sic]

I’m just glad the 4kids show is getting any attention at all for hitting the 20 year mark.

Don’t know if I can justify this purchase between Paramount+ and the fact that I tracked down all the Australian/UK releases forever ago when it became very clear that this wasn’t going to happen for a very long time. Some bonus features would probably sway me, so we’ll see.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 02:15 PM   #45
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Not live yet, but Amazon listing is up.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 04:40 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

I guess this is a real release then if amazon is going to sell it. Shame it'll lack any special features though.
Old 06-20-2023, 04:47 PM   #47
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It's legit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TMNT/commen...ling_the_2003/
Old 06-20-2023, 11:44 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

At the very least all 155 episodes will be released together for the first time. This should have happened 10-15 years ago, but I guess better late than never.
Old 06-21-2023, 11:06 PM   #49
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Amazon listing is officially live!
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 11:24 PM   #50
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Amazon listing is officially live!
I was just coming here to say that. It is also now up on Deep Discount as well (where I get most of my CDs and DVDs). It does say “Manufactured On Demand” though, which is odd since that Reddit post said the discs are already pressed. Weird.
https://www.deepdiscount.com/teenage...n/810134941243

This is exciting! I am so glad this series is finally getting a complete release! I still am holding out hope for an uncut “Turtles Forever” and (God willing) the “Mayhem From Mutant Island” multi-parter. I know it’s unlikely, but I don’t want to write it off completely until we get confirmation.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 11:51 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

It does say studio is Viacom on the amazon listing, does that mean anything?

Quote:
Studio ? : ? Viacom
ASIN ? : ? B0C8PQQ8G8
Country of Origin ? : ? USA
Number of discs ? : ? 18
From the sounds of things there are no special features at all, so all those old Peter Laird interviews that were on the 4kids DVDS, those T-Files shorts (which had new animation and scenes), the other shorts from Season 3 and 4, and Mayhem from Mutant Monster Island (which edited together comes to a 20 minute episode of Back to the Sewers) probably aren't included.

But these shorts were all uploaded to youtube and other places on the internet so people can still watch them at least.
Old 06-22-2023, 10:32 PM   #52
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
I was just coming here to say that. It is also now up on Deep Discount as well (where I get most of my CDs and DVDs). It does say “Manufactured On Demand” though, which is odd since that Reddit post said the discs are already pressed. Weird.
https://www.deepdiscount.com/teenage...n/810134941243
I see it's a bit cheaper there too. I might just get mine from there instead.

As I said before, some MOD titles actually are pressed. I'm now remembering the 4K Blu-rays for the The Outsiders set are that way as well.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 02:07 PM   #53
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

According to the Amazon pre-order it will be released as quick as July 25th! A 5 week turnaround from the initial press release. I would have thought that a longer period of 3 months between announcement and release of television DVD/Blu-ray releases, but I am not complaining after years of hoping for it. Then I can unload the older editions that will become duplicates.

Another observation is that it does not seem to include Mayham on Mutant Island yet includes Turtles Forever. TF is not necessary since it's already released and it's hard to appreciate with the treatment of my Turtles character set.
Old 06-25-2023, 02:51 PM   #54
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

$66.49... Looks like Amazon went and jacked the price up soon after adding it.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 03:16 PM   #55
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

here it is on amazon for Pre-Order, Scheduled to release on July 25th.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C8PQQ8G8...ZF6EK1C4P163D9
Old 06-25-2023, 03:28 PM   #56
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
$66.49... Looks like Amazon went and jacked the price up soon after adding it.
ya I want this series but not at $66 49.
Old 06-25-2023, 04:20 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
According to the Amazon pre-order it will be released as quick as July 25th! A 5 week turnaround from the initial press release. I would have thought that a longer period of 3 months between announcement and release of television DVD/Blu-ray releases, but I am not complaining after years of hoping for it. Then I can unload the older editions that will become duplicates.

Another observation is that it does not seem to include Mayham on Mutant Island yet includes Turtles Forever. TF is not necessary since it's already released and it's hard to appreciate with the treatment of my Turtles character set.
Turtles Forever is literally the series finale of the show, it would be nonsensical not to include it.

Mayhem on Mutant Island are just shorts, and while fun, at least they're on youtube
Old 06-30-2023, 06:11 AM   #58
SaurusX
Random Punk

At 1:31:00 they begin discussing the DVD release with the MovieZyng guy. He's got some details, but not everything.

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/s...erview-e265357
SaurusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 09:38 AM   #59
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Summary:
• They interviewed a fellow from MovieZyng, the company producing this set. The company works on "minimum distribution" for packaged discs and has a relationship with Viacom. This particular person was not involved in the authoring of the set and could only speak generally about the production
• Pre-orders have apparently been strong
• These will be pressed DVDs (as opposed to DVD-Rs)
• The files came from Viacom, who provided the best masters available
• Turtles Forever is likely the broadcast edit. It seems like Viacom simply has lost the uncut version and couldn't provide anything else
• Viacom also apparently did not have any bonus content to provide

I suspect that archival for the show was scattershot and there'll be a lot of variations between episodes -- some may have commercial bumpers, others may have the ratings bug, etc.

Incidentally some people forget that there are in fact THREE versions of Turtles Forever -- the uncut, the broadcast, and then a version split into three 22-minute episodes with even more cuts. I assume that last version also never made it from 4Kids to Nickelodeon... but that may be for the best.

Last edited by TheSkeletonMan939; 06-30-2023 at 09:44 AM.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 09:53 AM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

How do they not have the uncut version when it came out on a UK DVD years ago? I still have the UK Region 2 Turtles Forever DVD on my shelf right now. Someone can simply show that to Viacom.