The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy81 View Post
So in going through the IDW Color Classic Trade known as "The Works" I was wondering why they don't include the Fugitoid issue between issues 4 and 5? I think it's a very necessary story to have otherwise #5 is very disconcerting in the sudden change.
It's not in the black and white Ultimate Collections either.

It's hardly an essential story, though. If you've got the enormous collected book of the first batch of issues Mirage produced toward the end of its ownership, its inclusion of Fugitoid is probably the reason to hold onto it, and it's a cool bonus. But it really is as superfluous as it gets. I think the #4-7 arc actually reads better without it.

And as Roseangelo said, it's not so much a proper Turtles story as it is a serialized sci-fi story Eastman and Laird were working on that they tied into the TMNT story with the last chapter of its single-issue reprint. That's why it reads so awkwardly.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #2
Casey
Stone Warrior

Help compiling Mirage Vol 1

I'm trying to make sure I have read every issue if Vol 1. I only had a few old issues that I've had for a million years, so I naturally started purchasing IDW's Ultimate Collections and I currently own the first 4. I was gonna purchase the Classics Volumes they made as well, but my lcs only had one for me to look at and I just kept holding out. Now I am reading people say that Classics Vol 1 does not contain the issues that it is advertised to contain. If they changed it due to new licensing issues (and they may have) then why not update the descriptions?

I was gonna buy the digital TPBs because that description still says it contains 13, 16 and 18 and I would trust the app more assuming it is updated more than the seller on Amazon.

Can anyone attest to these claims and verify them? I really wanna finish these up soon. It is getting to be a real pain in the a**.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
I'm trying to make sure I have read every issue if Vol 1. I only had a few old issues that I've had for a million years, so I naturally started purchasing IDW's Ultimate Collections and I currently own the first 4. I was gonna purchase the Classics Volumes they made as well, but my lcs only had one for me to look at and I just kept holding out. Now I am reading people say that Classics Vol 1 does not contain the issues that it is advertised to contain. If they changed it due to new licensing issues (and they may have) then why not update the descriptions?

I was gonna buy the digital TPBs because that description still says it contains 13, 16 and 18 and I would trust the app more assuming it is updated more than the seller on Amazon.

Can anyone attest to these claims and verify them? I really wanna finish these up soon. It is getting to be a real pain in the a**.
I couldn't quite follow you completely there, but I think the top of this page will help you get your questions figured out:
http://www.ninjapizza.net/search/label/comics
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

So far the only Volume 1 issues not collected by IDW are:

- The 4 Rick Veitch issues (Sky Highway)

- Issue #41 "Turtle Dreams"

- Soul's Winter trilogy (although Bobby confirmed this is being collected later this year)

For some reason issue #18 is also only collected in the Eastman 25th anniversary collection, but not in the regular classics. Don't know what the deal with that is.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #5
Casey
Stone Warrior

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I couldn't quite follow you completely there, but I think the top of this page will help you get your questions figured out:
http://www.ninjapizza.net/search/label/comics
Thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So far the only Volume 1 issues not collected by IDW are:

- The 4 Rick Veitch issues (Sky Highway)

- Issue #41 "Turtle Dreams"

- Soul's Winter trilogy (although Bobby confirmed this is being collected later this year)

For some reason issue #18 is also only collected in the Eastman 25th anniversary collection, but not in the regular classics. Don't know what the deal with that is.
So, I should purchase the Classics in order to fill the gaps that exist in the Ultimates and I can trust that they contain what they say they contain? Not sure what Amazon reviewers were talking about then.

Super stoked to read Soul's Winter.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post

So, I should purchase the Classics in order to fill the gaps that exist in the Ultimates and I can trust that they contain what they say they contain? Not sure what Amazon reviewers were talking about then.

Super stoked to read Soul's Winter.
The Amazon info is sometimes wrong or outdated. But regardless, if you buy all 5 Ultimate Collects and all 7 Classic collections, you'll have all the Volume 1 issues except the few I mentioned above.

Also get the Tales of the TMNT collections. They collected the first 7 issues of the original Tales run and are now up to the second run from 2004. Most of Tales is quite important to Volume 1 as characters like The Rat King, Leatherhead and others make their debut there.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Amazon info is sometimes wrong or outdated. But regardless, if you buy all 5 Ultimate Collects and all 7 Classic collections, you'll have all the Volume 1 issues except the few I mentioned above.

Also get the Tales of the TMNT collections. They collected the first 7 issues of the original Tales run and are now up to the second run from 2004. Most of Tales is quite important to Volume 1 as characters like The Rat King, Leatherhead and others make their debut there.
I still forget about Tales sometimes. Until the past year or so, I didn't know it was to be taken as seriously. I didn't know that they filled in continuity until I read a comment from Eastman last year.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #8
Newman
Mouser

Looking for a certain comic I had in 91/92
In the winter 1991/1992 I bought some comic of TMNT that was not the regular Archie comic. This was one number and my impression was that it was darker and quite different from both the Archie comics and the Murakami cartoon tv series. I didn't like it that much so therefore I didn't save it.

Now, what I remember from it is this:

-it was all in color, that's said not black-and-white like most Mirage TMNT comics. and it was in usual comic-format, that's said squares you know.
-since this was late 1991 or early 1992 in Sweden the original english-speaking version of it could have been released either then or earlier.

-in the beginning, or at least on one of the pages, Splinter tells the readers about the four Turtles, and he describes Don, Leo and Raph as good fighters or fearsome warriors or something like that (my impression) while he describes Michelangelo as kind of like a childish funny non-serious misplaced turtle. That's said the difference between Mich and the other less party-liking Turtles was more described here than in any of the Archie comics I've read.

-the story was about some ghosts or living dead related to a river or a swamp. It could have been two stories in this comic book but I think the living dead/ghost-story was the same as the ones where Splinter tells about his pupils as I described above. I think - though I might be wrong in the details - that Turtles went from the sewers through some tunnel and came to the outdoor swamp or river where these ghosts or zombies whatever hanged out.

-The drawer was not Ken Mitchroney.

I have looked through Mirage comics on the net, as I thought it could have been those - because of the darker style, but they were almost all black and white.

Could it have been the Ninja Turtles magazine?

I come to think about this comic I briefly had recently so I haven't done too much reaserch on it, and it is difficult anyways, as whole comics are not posted on the net.

I would appreciate tips if anyone knows what I talk about!
Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #9
RTMNT
Random Punk

Hey, guys, do you know, where can I find scans of TMNT Archie Comics #6 of a higher quality than that is free on-line now? Perhaps, someone could kindly upload scans of that issue? Thanks in advance!
RTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #10
The Cheese Phone
Thug

I have volumes 1, 2, and 4 available in digital format. I had a bunch of Archie's, too. Not sure if I still do have those. I'll have to check.
The Cheese Phone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #11
RTMNT
Random Punk

Black Suit Raph, thanks for the reply! It would be awesome if You could find Archie Comics #6.
RTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #12
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko View Post
Mirage used to publish these comics: http://www.thetechnodrome.com/comics...e/archie.shtml translated in french, unfortunately they stopped publishing them quite quickly after only 4 albums...
Link gives "404 File Not Found". Is it the Archie TMNTA miniseries? series?
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #13
Powder
So tired of this place

This thread is 7 years old and OP hasn't been here since. Don't bother.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:46 PM   #14
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior

Ah. damn necromancers.
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:01 AM   #15
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
Quick question.......does the PBBZ #1 reprint have a wraparound cover?? Can someone post a pic of the back of one for me?? Thanks!!
It's somewhat wraparound. The cover picture goes onto part of the back, along with 2-3 photos of Kevin and Peter from the first PBBZ show.

Last edited by Mayhem; 03-16-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:38 AM   #16
Warhorse
Emperor

So, I was reading some info on this comic book site, and it says Raphael has been in 562 comic book issues while the other three have been in 545. This true?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:43 AM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
So, I was reading some info on this comic book site, and it says Raphael has been in 562 comic book issues while the other three have been in 545. This true?
I know he was the only Turtle in Bodycount...but that shouldn't torque the total that much....oh...and he was the lone Turtle in the original Mutanimals mini series....but again that's what...6 issues total (Bodycount + Mutanimals) issues difference?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:29 AM   #18
Tazi
Mad Scientist

What about Microseries? Was he in anyone else's micro without the other turtles?
Old 03-16-2014, 05:49 AM   #19
Mayhem
Foot Elite

During Mirage v1 each turtle had its own one-shot, and then during Mirage v4, each turtle had a four part series. So they all balance. My only thought is the Tales Of series here... but he can't have been on his own for that many issues of that.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:09 AM   #20
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Can't be. There's no chance in hell each turtle, Raph excluded or not, has appeared in the same amount of books when there have been so many solo issues, among others that split up the team or pair them off with other characters.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions