The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-23-2020, 08:19 PM   #601
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Uh, yeah, about that... Can we please just accept that Bebop and Rocksteady:
  1. Are not very compelling characters at their core.
  2. Tend to be depicted in a really annoying way.
  3. Are not in any way, shape or form "essential" to TMNT.
  4. Do not need to be in a movie.
  5. If used in a movie at all, ought to be given the role of barely important obstacles, a few fight scenes and next to no focus beyond that.
  6. Could be ignored in favor of far better characters.
  7. In PD's depiction of them were a horrible addition that made the movie even worse than it needed to be.
  8. Were only ever decent in the IDW series and the central joke there is that nobody wants them around.
  9. That even after 33 years, they were basically only ever important in the Fred Wolf cartoon. Archie basically got rid of them ASAP, they're only in about 15% of the IDW series and in the Nick show they didn't appear until after the cracks were too obvious to ignore. In anything else they're basically absent.
Other some of gross habits in Out of the Shadows I found them entertaining. Their incarnations in the 2012 TV series were done even better.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:44 PM   #602
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Other some of gross habits in Out of the Shadows I found them entertaining. Their incarnations in the 2012 TV series were done even better.
I will agree that the Nicktoon depiction of them are arguably the second best iteration as of yet, but that still comes with a few little points:
  1. The way they improved on the characters was to essentially create new characters, mostly just having the same names and some superficial details in common with them.
  2. While they are nowhere near as annoying as the Fred Wolf depiction, they still get somewhat obnoxious whenever they're in focus.
  3. The fact that they just became idiots right after they mutated seemed like a forced attempt to make them seem more like the original characters. This is dissapointing because: a) They were perfectly fine with the more moderate intellect. B) If they were willing to deviate from the original characters to begin with, the worst aspect of the original characters was obviously not wirth emulating.
  4. The fact that they came in halfway through the show, when Shredder already had like four or five other henchmen, made it seem like they were added just to have them around. They really weren't needed at that point.

I'll never agree that the PD version was entertaining, I literally got a headache from that.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:08 PM   #603
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The PD version had potential, but they were a bit too obnoxious and a little overdone, imo. I'd have rather that Shredder played more of a real role in the film (with Krang) and B&R just stuck by him as his bumbling henchmen that aid him instead of being focused on to an extent as if they were the primary villains even while they still weren't. Krang was the 'big bad,' yet got so little screen time compared to B&R who were essentially just obstacles.

PD focuses way too much on creating movies around a primary action piece they think is exciting... and then losing the potential of the rest of the film. Maybe I've never written a film, but that seems like a crappy way to do it.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:17 PM   #604
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

New rumor: https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ics/#gallery-4
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:10 AM   #605
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Lol no it won’t. These guys were lying out of their teeth about a live action Netflix show too.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:21 AM   #606
newfan
Mad Scientist

I can't get that to open but if it's just another rumour then I'm not too fussed. Does anyone else feel like this movie may have been dropped? (or at least maybe put on the back burner for now)
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:29 AM   #607
Galactus
Foot Elite

It sounds too good to be true.

Treating this as credible for a second - it's sounds great however I'm not sure that the bad box office for Birds Of Prey should really get them to rethink. In many ways that movie is what a lot of DC fans always wanted. It's only real flaw was that was an all girl movie and they have cooties - that's not really a problem with TMNT.

Not that a comic faithful TMNT even needs to be that level of dark or R-Rated. Very little of the Mirage books you couldn't get away comfortably in a PG-13. As long as it takes it's story, characters and tone fairly seriously we don't need gore or turtles dropping F bombs. Not that I would turn my nose up at that kind of TMNT movie but something with the general tone of The Winter Soldier or Civil War would do nicely.

Not that I believe this anyway. Like I said it's all a bit too good to be true and sadly nothing we haven't heard before. Unfortunately I could Sonic The Hedgehog more of an influence with Paramount which although that's a decent movie it's not really what anyone wants with TMNT.

Last edited by Galactus; 02-25-2020 at 09:29 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:27 AM   #608
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Never post anything from Wegotthiscovered they are the king of clickbait and lie 99% of the time and make **** up and post it as fact
Old 02-25-2020, 10:45 AM   #609
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
New rumor:
Yeah, this website is 100% full of ****. They may follow along and post a correct rumor occasionally, but they are the least reliable source I've ever come across. I'd even suggest taking that link down, tbh.

But for the sake of discussion: It's nice to imagine we are in a world where "the powers that be" just saw the floor sort of drop under them with "Rise..." and are now thinking it's time to go big or go home. Stop towing the awkward line between gritty and children-oriented that PD originally went for. Just throw older fans a damn bone and see if it can skyrocket like other comic book properties have shown is possible.

Wishful thinking, but it feels good.

Last edited by AquaParade; 02-25-2020 at 12:15 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:01 PM   #610
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Never post anything from Wegotthiscovered they are the king of clickbait and lie 99% of the time and make **** up and post it as fact
I know. They said that Disney was working on live-action versions of Pocahontas and The Great Mouse Detective and those rumors were very soon debunked.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:39 PM   #611
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Eh, yeah, not buying it... That's a fair amount of text in an "article" that really says almost nothing.

Sure, a darker reboot someday isn't implausible -- and easy to throw at the wall and see if it sticks one day -- but everything else at that link feels like space filler for the sake of creating an article, including the inclusion of the entirely unrelated actress in a yellow suit.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:22 PM   #612
Leo656
The Franchise

Article also calls Birds Of Prey "a faithful adaptation."

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:18 AM   #613
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Come on, give it to someone else than PD.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:50 PM   #614
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Article also calls Birds Of Prey "a faithful adaptation."
https://media.giphy.com/media/dtI7iJ...iU5h/giphy.gif
Quote:
According to our sources ... the Turtles producers were originally keen to go for an R-rating for the reboot. However, the box office problems of Birds of Prey are apparently reducing their enthusiasm for straying too far from a broad audience, while still going for a faithful adaptation. That being said, they’re still going to be keeping things on the more mature side.
I read that not necessarily in reference to Birds of Prey being a "faithful adaptation," but that the TMNT producers want to be a faithful "mature" adaptation... even if they get skittish on an R-rating (being one of the excuses people cite for the failure of BoP).

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:58 PM   #615
marioroxmysox
Mouser

Sorry, I didn't know there was a New TMNT movie in the works, but what's happening right now? Is there a sudden change in direction that I didn't know about?
marioroxmysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:16 PM   #616
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioroxmysox View Post
Sorry, I didn't know there was a New TMNT movie in the works, but what's happening right now? Is there a sudden change in direction that I didn't know about?
Nothing is happening right now.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:08 PM   #617
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
This right here. Don't even bother clicking their links.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:32 PM   #618
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioroxmysox View Post
Other than the names of the two writers, no other info is known.

And even if it is still planned to happen, I doubt any films of any kind are filming right now due to that virus.

Though personally I'd love to hear a little something about it. A little leak of info to give us something to talk about, some small hint of direction, esp with most of us bored in lockdown.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:36 AM   #619
marioroxmysox
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Other than the names of the two writers, no other info is known.

And even if it is still planned to happen, I doubt any films of any kind are filming right now due to that virus.

Though personally I'd love to hear a little something about it. A little leak of info to give us something to talk about, some small hint of direction, esp with most of us bored in lockdown.
Yeah, say what you will about the previous two, I had some enjoyment from it. It's like a mix between the Fred Wolf and IDW continuities, especially since Bebop and Rocksteady finally got their chance on the big screen.
marioroxmysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:28 PM   #620
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Check out these 3D fan art images of the turtles. These look like the 90s designs. And these designs can work with realistic CGI. They should use these designs as a template when redesigning the turtles for the TMNT reboot.

Tags
just.. why?, kill me now, papenbrook the troll, thedefinitionofinsanity, vote of no confidence