Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-25-2015, 09:26 PM   #21
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I honestly feel like it will be Hob to turn on him first
but why? I think at some point in the Mutanimals mini-series, Slash (and maybe some of the others, too) will defy one of Hob's orders because Hob's morals/ethics will have eroded so much that Slash can't in good conscious follow through with them. They'll fight about it, but eventually make up. That's my prediction anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Nukem View Post
Good issue, lots of action. Krang can't be too happy with Baxter Stockman now, I'm looking forward to seeing him being mutilated in some way only possible with Utrom technology and Game of thrones level sadism. I'm also wondering what happens with Donatello now, I already read the spoiler preview of the FCBD comic, it'll be good to see how it all transpires in the interim. I would to see more realism concerning battles of swords vs modern firearms, since it's sometimes hard to suspend disbelief. I don't see why the foot soldiers aren't using silenced pistols with subsonic ammo.
I agree about the realism in fights. I understand when the TMNT fight the Foot they're all just using ninja weapons, so it makes sense, but when the Foot fight Krang or modern gangs you would think they would at least have more people with bows and arrows at least! Or shuriken at least! Once they close the gap I know the Foot ninjas are incredibly lethal but from long distance I'd like to see them better prepared, they're not supposed to be chumps. Maybe they'll learn after this encounter
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:35 AM   #22
neatoman
Emperor

Let me make a prediction, Donnie will surivive, Bebop and Rocksteady just fails because that's what Bebop and Rocksteady do.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:19 AM   #23
SDCC
Foot Soldier

My review over at Super Duper Stuff.

Enjoyed this issue quite a bit. A really cool showcase for Cory Smith too.

Does anyone else think Ronda's colours work better with Smith than Santolouco? I can't put my finger on it.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:28 AM   #24
Tazi
Mad Scientist

I enjoyed the issue, but there is something that really bugs me.

If Krang got informed by Shredder's attack before it happaned, and he have a giant hi-tech fortress (The Technodrome), then why the hell did he left that fortress with all his men to fight the Foot face to face, and loose many soldiers in the fight?
That's probably the stupidest thing a general can do, instead of staying in the well armored fortress, and fighting the fight from cover.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:41 AM   #25
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Let me make a prediction, Donnie will surivive, Bebop and Rocksteady just fails because that's what Bebop and Rocksteady do.
I think NoBody might make an appearance to help. Harold was watching from a monitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post

If Krang got informed by Shredder's attack before it happaned, and he have a giant hi-tech fortress (The Technodrome), then why the hell did he left that fortress with all his men to fight the Foot face to face, and loose many soldiers in the fight?
That's probably the stupidest thing a general can do, instead of staying in the well armored fortress, and fighting the fight from cover.
That is a good point, but the technodrome was not powered up so I am assuming the weapons and defenses were offline. Besides would you want someone messing up your new shiny toy

Issue was on par with the rest of the issues. But I wish they would put more attention back on the turtles instead of all these side characters......

Also I am wondering what will happen to splinter. He already had a near death experience and now he has been left alone with the Foot. I am wondering if they will kill him off???
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:14 PM   #26
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post

Hubris. This was personal for Krang (see issue #37).

Talk soon…

Tom
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:04 PM   #27
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post

Talk soon…

Tom
Who knew the disembodied brain would think with his gut so much?
Old 02-26-2015, 01:19 PM   #28
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Hmm, that actually makes sense.
Even in Utrom Empire he made decisions based on feelings and not on politics or logic, and he always had some kinda overconfidence towards his enemies, that usually backfired on him. Like in the issue you mentoined (#37), or in the micro series where he clearly sees Stockman as a worthless clumsy scentist who needs babysitting.
Spoiler:
and we all found out in this issue, that he is actually the opposite

Shredder has confidence too, but I think he never pretended to be invincible, unlike what Krang thinks of himself sometimes. (even if Saki actually is invincible, thanks to the Ooze)
Old 02-26-2015, 02:30 PM   #29
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
That stupid krang things he defeated me but i wll win! I will tear him apart!! I will destroy him!!
No. You the the FU*K outta this section. We have to put up with your ridiculous act everywhere else not here.

P.S. I hate you.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:08 PM   #30
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:

Talk soon…

Tom
I can dig this, but I've got to say -- man, it would make for an even better climactic set piece if the Foot first had to make their way through Krang's long-range weapons and give Krang and co. a reason to take them on in the open. It'd give the current skirmish a lot more impact too -- making the Foot more competent (or well-informed, courtesy of Fugitoid) and Krang a bit closer to his wits' end, confronted with his blind spots. I'd have taken an extra issue of it.

Just my $.02.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:51 PM   #31
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Everything has been great and all, but I'm hoping before this arc ends we get to see the Technodrome, you know, do some damage? Will it go to NYC and tear it up? And I hope inside of it, it's like it was in the 80's cartoon/video games with all of the traps/hazards etc. Because so far the Technodrome for as massive as it is, seems kind of empty.
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:39 PM   #32
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
Everything has been great and all, but I'm hoping before this arc ends we get to see the Technodrome, you know, do some damage? Will it go to NYC and tear it up? And I hope inside of it, it's like it was in the 80's cartoon/video games with all of the traps/hazards etc. Because so far the Technodrome for as massive as it is, seems kind of empty.
That makes two of us!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:45 PM   #33
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
That makes two of us!
Yeah I mean because no offense, but zapping a few palm trees on deserted Burnow Island doesn't really have me trembling in fear. Is the Technodrome actually going to leave the island, and you know, kill people and make some long-term impact?
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:23 PM   #34
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I agree about the realism in fights. I understand when the TMNT fight the Foot they're all just using ninja weapons, so it makes sense, but when the Foot fight Krang or modern gangs you would think they would at least have more people with bows and arrows at least! Or shuriken at least! Once they close the gap I know the Foot ninjas are incredibly lethal but from long distance I'd like to see them better prepared, they're not supposed to be chumps. Maybe they'll learn after this encounter
I also agree with this. It bothers me every time I see one of Krangs henchmen
start shooting. I don't think most ninjas weapons will be very effective on rock-like skin either.
One other thing that is getting played out is the back up plans. You know, the "you fool! Luckily I had a plan in place to counter this exact situation, haha!" The most recent example is krangs response to Stockman. Those "back up plans" work well story-wise, but only in moderation.
Besides that, this series is freaking awesome!
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:14 AM   #35
Lampy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
That makes two of us!
Three. I kind of want to see how much of a threat this Technodrome really is. As disputable of a great movie Man of Steel was, you can't deny that the world engine tore s*** up. That is what I'm hoping the Technodrome is capable of. So far, we've seen it just sit there... in one spot... like a massive paperweight. I want to see it actually wreck stuff.

Last edited by Lampy; 03-13-2015 at 12:27 AM.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:29 AM   #36
nimajneb
Stone Warrior

Tom and the whole team have written the Turtles as the best chess players going.
I don't think Donnie's in any trouble, as people have said, Nobody and Alopex will be waiting in the wings for such a moment to happen - though i can't help but think that the teleporter is going to get damaged somehow and lead Leo, Raph and Mikey to find alternate means of getting from the island.

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:00 AM   #37
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

If it ain't royally messing **** up, it ain't the Technodrome.

GIVE US CARNAGE!!!
Old 01-08-2017, 11:20 AM   #38
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I reread Attack on The Technodrome last night and one 5hing was not clear. Did Shredder know that the Turtles were infiltrating the Technodrome? We know that the playing Shredder against Krang was a trick Don pulled instead of the strike going without Krang's knowledge like Shredder believed. Yet it was not clear if he knew the Turtles part in the assault.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #39
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

He knew because Donatello told him in the previous set of stories and asked for his help behind Splinter's back.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:59 AM   #40
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I reread Attack on The Technodrome last night and one 5hing was not clear. Did Shredder know that the Turtles were infiltrating the Technodrome? We know that the playing Shredder against Krang was a trick Don pulled instead of the strike going without Krang's knowledge like Shredder believed. Yet it was not clear if he knew the Turtles part in the assault.
No.

Donatello said that he could get the Foot Clan to Burnow Island to stop Krang; he said nothing about sending his brothers, because if Saki knew Don was sending the others, Saki would then know that he was being set up. One Turtle might break away to enlist Saki's help; all four Turtles being involved is an instant giveaway that treachery is afoot.

Tags
comic discussion