The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Who will deliver the final blow
All of the Turtles 7 20.00%
Leo 8 22.86%
Raph 1 2.86%
Donnie 2 5.71%
Mikey 2 5.71%
Karai 10 28.57%
Splinter 9 25.71%
April 1 2.86%
Casey 1 2.86%
Shredder Himself (Accidental or from the Mutagen) 17 48.57%
Other (please specify) 3 8.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Who Kills Super Shredder (Contains Spoilers)

From this post

http://nickalive.blogspot.co.uk/2016...rtles-may.html

Karai takes over the Foot Clan in season 5 so that means it looks like Shredder 'dies' in the season 4 final.

So who do you think will kill Shredder.

I've added a poll and it's multiple choice.

Last edited by Vicky82; 11-29-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:25 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Accidental suicide, like movie.

Or maybe like this:
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 04:24 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

At this point, suicide seems like the most likely option. Super Shredder is literally undefeatable, but his greed and hatred will lead to his own downfall in the end, no matter how strong he is, it fits perfectly. Now how he's gonna die, I don't know, I hope its not from wood falling on him, anything but that.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:14 PM   #4
ToTheNines
[sic]

I already made this thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56179
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm gonna have to say All Of The Above, With all 4 Turtles, and everyone else on that list, They all team up to defeat Super Shredder.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #6
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

In an earlier thread like this, I though Leo should do it (although I think he'd need the rest of the Turtles, Splinter, and other allies backing him up to make it feel like it works).

However, given Shredder goes weak and floppy when he doesn't get his daily mutagen doses, I have to admit that it would be an interesting fate if he lives, but is forced to live in his floppy mutant state.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:10 PM   #7
TMNTInsighter
Banned

I'll be sticking by my choice(s) from the previous thread.

Other than that...sweet! My name's in that link! Along with TigerClaw, Cartoon Fanboy, PapaGreg, & kanc of course. Congrats guys. It may not seem like anything special but hey, it's hard to get your name out there.
TMNTInsighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:29 AM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Why is he undefeatable? Isn't his heart, like, on the outside of his armor now for some weird reason? If anything he is more vulnerable than ever before. You'd think, like, he'd add an extra plate there.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 02:10 AM   #9
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why is he undefeatable? Isn't his heart, like, on the outside of his armor now for some weird reason? If anything he is more vulnerable than ever before. You'd think, like, he'd add an extra plate there.
Yeah it's pretty weird, maybe it was originally meant to be a tie-in to some scrapped video game? You know, hit the brightest and most colorful spot, like in Metroid or something.

Spoiler:
Hahahaha!
Old 12-11-2016, 06:55 AM   #10
matteso586
Stone Warrior

I voted Leo. Because I like to see another reference to the Mirage Comics.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:39 AM   #11
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah it's kinda like the "vastly superior" Z-Putties from MMPR, who unlike Rita's Putties has a HUGE visible week spot on their chest.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:25 AM   #12
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Shredder reminds me of the Tyrants from Resident Evil, the super zombies that have the big overgrown hearts bulging from their chests. They are huge and tough, but you can kill them by shooting them in the heart.

Would Nick even allow Shredder to die from an attack on his heart? His heart seems to suggest how they might kill him, but wouldn't that be kind of graphic?
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Shredder reminds me of the Tyrants from Resident Evil, the super zombies that have the big overgrown hearts bulging from their chests. They are huge and tough, but you can kill them by shooting them in the heart.

Would Nick even allow Shredder to die from an attack on his heart? His heart seems to suggest how they might kill him, but wouldn't that be kind of graphic?
I thought of the Tyrants as well but I confused them for Birkin, so I thought I was mistaken.
Hahahaha!
Old 12-12-2016, 11:17 AM   #14
Vicky82
Emperor

I noticed it's a bit easier to kill monsters on screen, Mega Shredder was killed on Screen, he was blown up. It probably be a bit harder to kill Super Shredder on screen because he used to be human but then they did kill Tang Shen on screen but we didn't see her body afterwards.

I expect when they do kill Super Shredder it be sort of similar to how April killed the Dark Aeon, the screen goes black and you see slash marks. So we don't see where April hit the Dark Aeon, even though some people think it was the throat.

I expect it depends how violent the episode is going to be and they may just focus the violent part on killing Shredder/how they kill Super Shredder and the rest of the episode a bit friendlier.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #15
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

The series mostly foreshadowed Leo, Raphael, and Karai having the most influential role against Shredder, so I'd imagine either one of them is going to kill the Super Shredder, either alone or in tandem.

I am interested by the new villain expected to appear and how the entire Foot Clan disbanded with Karai forming her own group and Tiger Claw forming his separate group as well. I'm excited to see how this will play out, but I'm disappointed by this season only having 20 episodes. That likely explains why they're pushing Season 4 as long as they have been.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:37 PM   #16
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

I have four different possible outcomes.

Karai: The very weapon he used against Splinter who has already turned on him, ends him.

Splinter: The very person he sought to destroy despite the other wanting the feud to end, is forced to end his life, seeing no other option left.

Leo has already killed Shredder 2 times that I know of. In the Mirage comics, he ends the Shredder clone himself, while in TMNT 2k3, he beheads Shredder in Return to New York (even if it didn't sell). Also, since he's the leader and most-skilled of the turtles, he seems the most likely to end Shredder of his brothers.

And finally (my favorite), Shredder's obsession to destroy Splinter finally ends him. Since the mutagen is unstable and he keeps loading himself up with more to retain his form and get stronger, he eventually overdoses and dies a karmic death.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:07 PM   #17
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Given that this's a kid's show, would they be allowed to show Shredder being killed?
Old 12-15-2016, 11:22 PM   #18
victory_angel
Foot Elite

This is going to be my bias talking here, but I will admit there is at least a smidgen of weight to this possibility. Though not quite as likely as say Leo, Karai, or Splinter being the one who ends things.

Shredder in this incarnation doesn't seem to Donnie as worth anything. Often when the Turtles go head to head against Shredder. The Shredder usually goes after Leo or Raph, and occasionally Mikey. Shredder only attempts to kill Donnie when he makes himself into an annoyance.

Shredder had a real good opportunity to kill Don in "Serpent Hunt". Of course, Kids show logic, they weren't going to show a main character get seriously wounded that early in the season. But the way Shredder glares at Donnie in that one moment just said "You aren't even worthy to die by my hand" before he bellows "You mean nothing to me!" did speak some volumes.

In battle it is the person you fail to see who is the greatest threat. This was true for Mikey in the IDW comic, and it very well true for Donnie here. Particularly since it's Donatello who is the one who knocks the original Shredder off the roof to his death in the first issue of the comic.

So it would be rather appropriate if it was the gentle-hearted genius who lands the finishing blow to the Shredder.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:37 PM   #19
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
my vote is Nickelodeon will do it.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:05 PM   #20
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

I vote Spongebob.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote