The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-04-2024, 09:12 PM   #1
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

THE FOREVER WAR - Qestions and Answers discussion thread (with SPOILERS)

Hello, guys! The first books since the shipping's start have already arrived at their readers' doorsteps, so it's time for a new thread where you can post your reviews and ask any questions about the story.

If you somehow missed the preorder, there's still an chance to get the book-- please email me at demon-alukard@hotmail.com.

Enjoy your reading!
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 05:58 AM   #2
Leo656
The Franchise

Great book. I caught only one misprint but otherwise it's very clean. Some of the pacing felt a little rushed, but in all fairness so did the original series. Altogether, it felt like the true and authentic finale to the Archie series.

- Was Rat King's "secret origin" something that was established "way back in the day" by the original creators, or something you guys came up with? An interesting twist, regardless.

Thanks to all involved for their amazing work.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 07:14 AM   #3
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
- Was Rat King's "secret origin" something that was established "way back in the day" by the original creators, or something you guys came up with? An interesting twist, regardless.

Thanks to all involved for their amazing work.
Thank you for the top marks!

Chapters three through five were written entirely by us. The only thing we relied on were the covers, and thus linked the appearance of Rat King to a character in the second issue.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:51 AM   #4
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Alukard View Post
Thank you for the top marks!

Chapters three through five were written entirely by us. The only thing we relied on were the covers, and thus linked the appearance of Rat King to a character in the second issue.
Very interesting. Thanks.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 12:22 AM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I was as surprised as everyone else probably was about the Rat King's origins here when I got the synopsis originally to work from. But pleasantly surprised. It actually works out pretty neatly in this universe. It makes me actually wish it could work in, say, Mirage, but it can't. Mostly because of Turtle Soup.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 08:46 AM   #6
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I guess there is no need to put in spoilers if its in the thread title so...

What is the furtherest point that Shredder gets before he is stuck in a loop? There is the 1988 lead-in mini-series and then #1-4. He meets up with Armaggon at the end of #4 and then jumps to #36,42-44 then #73-77 before going through #5-#13 and 20-25? However Null visits Shredder in jail which would be between #13 and #20. Please clear me up on this if you all would.

Who's idea was it to make Chet The Rat King? He went by Ha'ntaan in his two previous appearances.

Also, what made Sarnath side with Shredder in the revised history?

That's it for now, I will have more once I let it all sink in.
Old 04-06-2024, 08:58 AM   #7
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I was as surprised as everyone else probably was about the Rat King's origins here when I got the synopsis originally to work from. But pleasantly surprised. It actually works out pretty neatly in this universe. It makes me actually wish it could work in, say, Mirage, but it can't. Mostly because of Turtle Soup.
BTW, did someone ever notice that funny fact from TMNTA Sourcebook? That was one of the arguments in writing the script.

Spoiler:
Old 04-06-2024, 09:01 AM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
BTW, did someone ever notice that funny fact from TMNTA Sourcebook? That was one of the arguments in writing the script.

Ah,yes. I remember the typo now that you mention it! Someone missed the additional '1' as in '11'.
Old 04-06-2024, 09:05 AM   #9
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
What is the furtherest point that Shredder gets before he is stuck in a loop? There is the 1988 lead-in mini-series and then #1-4. He meets up with Armaggon at the end of #4 and then jumps to #36,42-44 then #73-77 before going through #5-#13 and 20-25? However Null visits Shredder in jail which would be between #13 and #20. Please clear me up on this if you all would.
Please reread backup story, drawn by Jim. It's expained there well, with all the footnotes to specific issues. Shredder didn't stuck in a loop, basically.

Quote:
Who's idea was it to make Chet The Rat King? He went by Ha'ntaan in his two previous appearances.
The idea to make Chet as Rat King is Artyom's (AlZarkovski here) in general and mine (concerning details). He calls himself Ha'ntaan, yes, but that's the name the rats will give him later.

Quote:
Also, what made Sarnath side with Shredder in the revised history?
Shredder has conquered him.

Quote:
Ah,yes. I remember the typo now that you mention it! Someone missed the additional '1' as in '11'.
Who knows, maybe that's not the typo ))
Old 04-06-2024, 09:11 AM   #10
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Please reread backup story, drawn by Jim. It's expained there well, with all the footnotes to specific issues. Shredder didn't stuck in a loop, basically.

The idea to make Chet Rat King is Artyom's (AlZarkovski here) in general and mine (concerning details). He calls himself Ha'ntaan, yes, but that's the name the rats will give him later.

Who knows, maybe that's not the typo ))
Shredder meeting up with Armaggon a second time is what confused me because I thought it was just once. When is the second time? As mentioned the first time was after #4, was it after #25? So Shredder is jailed a second time?
Old 04-06-2024, 09:17 AM   #11
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Shredder meeting up with Armaggon a second time is what confused me because I thought it was just once. When is the second time? As mentioned the first time was after #4, was it after #25? So Shredder is jailed a second time?
Just reread it, man) It's pretty clear there. The furtherest point for Shredder is the jail, after that he met Null and remembered everything. You could consider this as open ending for a possible another battle with Shredder in The Year of the Turtle.
Old 04-06-2024, 11:09 AM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So Shredder was with Baxter, ran into Armaggon, somehow came back for issue 5 and onwards until he gets locked up in jail after The Final Conflict, right?

So do all the adventures with Shredder happen in a way that he comes back in time to get locked in jail after The Final Conflict?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 11:38 AM   #13
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So Shredder was with Baxter, ran into Armaggon, somehow came back for issue 5 and onwards until he gets locked up in jail after The Final Conflict, right?
Not "somehow" but due to the events of The Forever War, yes.

Quote:
So do all the adventures with Shredder happen in a way that he comes back in time to get locked in jail after The Final Conflict?
Yes, exactly.
Old 04-06-2024, 11:55 AM   #14
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Shredder has traveled back in time several times.

Spoiler:
1. Events from "Return of the Shredder" and "The incredible shrinking of the Turtles" (#01 - #04)

2. He travels to the future with Armaggon

3. Shredder travels through time, but accidentally ends up in the timeline of issue #18.

4. He cannot return to the future and tries to destroy the Turtles (issues #20 - #25)

5. After his defeat in issue #25, Shredder is taken into the future by Armaggon

6. Shredder travels back in time again, but now with Verminator X (issues # 35 and #36)

7. Events of issues #42 - #44

8. Shredder finds a time controller in a military warehouse

9. Events of the "Forever War"

10. Shredder travels back in time (in the timeline of end of issue #4) and loses his memory.

11. Events of issues #5 - #12

12. Shredder goes to jail.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 12:35 PM   #15
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

So in regards to Ninjara and Raph ever getting back together…

I assume that’s still a no?

If so, darn shame. First thing I did after finally getting the book in the mail (THANK YOU by the way!) was flip right to the end to see Raph and Umeko make up and become a couple again. To my disappointment, they didn’t. Oh, well, you can’t get everything you want in life.
Old 04-06-2024, 01:52 PM   #16
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Shredder has traveled back in time several times.

Spoiler:
1. Events from "Return of the Shredder" and "The incredible shrinking of the Turtles" (#01 - #04)

2. He travels to the future with Armaggon

3. Shredder travels through time, but accidentally ends up in the timeline of issue #18.

4. He cannot return to the future and tries to destroy the Turtles (issues #20 - #25)

5. After his defeat in issue #25, Shredder is taken into the future by Armaggon

6. Shredder travels back in time again, but now with Verminator X (issues # 35 and #36)

7. Events of issues #42 - #44

8. Shredder finds a time controller in a military warehouse

9. Events of the "Forever War"

10. Shredder travels back in time (in the timeline of end of issue #4) and loses his memory.

11. Events of issues #5 - #12

12. Shredder goes to jail.
So when he killed himself from an earlier point it's after #25 which would explain how Shredder is not lose, but in jail after #13.

In-story it's noticeable that The Shredder is older. Should there have been a visual difference between the two to show that since other characters could tell?

I was expecting Armaggon to be involved somehow. What shall we say is his fate? Trapped in the far future with no way back to his present?
Old 04-06-2024, 03:11 PM   #17
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
So when he killed himself from an earlier point it's after #25 which would explain how Shredder is not lose, but in jail after #13.
Shredder killed the early self only in an alternate 'bad' reality that was completely erased by the Turtles. In the real storyline, Shredder remains where he was stunned (this is shown at the end). And the Shredder who fought the Turtles replaces the one taken away by Armaggon.

Quote:
I was expecting Armaggon to be involved somehow. What shall we say is his fate? Trapped in the far future with no way back to his present?
Armaggon returns from the distant future in the Merdude trilogy, in the finale of which he is thrown into an unknown time and space with a damaged generator unable to travel again. So it was inappropriate to bring him back.

Old 04-06-2024, 03:16 PM   #18
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
So in regards to Ninjara and Raph ever getting back together…

I assume that’s still a no?

If so, darn shame. First thing I did after finally getting the book in the mail (THANK YOU by the way!) was flip right to the end to see Raph and Umeko make up and become a couple again. To my disappointment, they didn’t. Oh, well, you can’t get everything you want in life.
This is impossible if we count (and we do!) Ninjara: Seed of Destruction as canon, in which Ninjara has a child from Mokoshan. She hasn't dealt with Turtles since 'Moon Eyes Saga'.
Old 04-06-2024, 03:36 PM   #19
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
This is impossible if we count (and we do!) Ninjara: Seed of Destruction as canon, in which Ninjara has a child from Mokoshan. She hasn't dealt with Turtles since 'Moon Eyes Saga'.
Oh yeah. She’s not “hanging with teenagers anymore”.
Old 04-07-2024, 12:38 AM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Oh yeah. She’s not “hanging with teenagers anymore”.
Though who knows. In a Ninjara Furrlough completion she may not be hanging with teenagers anymore, but maybe some she used to hang out with when they were teenagers.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote